NCAA Woman of the Year Award Finalist=Lindsey Ozimek

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/091608aaa.html][COLOR=black]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/091608aaa.html[/COLOR][/URL]

Hadn’t seen this anywhere else. Congrats once again to one of the brightest stars of Charlotte soccer.

Freaking awesome, Good luck Lindsey.

She is final 9

just found out – will post more when I find out more details

Congrats to her, great accomplishment!

Whittled down to three…Lindsey is a finalist.

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/100108aab.html

Whittled down to three......Lindsey is a finalist.

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/100108aab.html

Heck yes!

Hadn't seen this anywhere else.
Where would you expect to see an [B]article[/B] on a Niner athlete making the [B]Final 3 for a National Award[/B]?
Where would you expect to see an [B]article[/B] on a Niner athlete making the [B]Final 3 for a National Award[/B]?

To be fair, it wasn’t down to the final 3 when I posted that. But what I meant was I hadn’t seen it anywhere else on NNN. I have never heard of this award before, so I’m not really offended that this isn’t getting a lot of coverage. No one cares about character and academic success. It’s not really a sports page priority.

I misread it when I posted it. It’s down to the final three in each division, so it’s still the final nine like Coach said.

No one cares about character and academic success. It's not really a sports page priority.
Didn't a former chapel hill athlete receive a front page article when she received the same nomination a few years ago? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you............... I'm just pointing out what many other fans from other schools (including chapel hill, surprisingly enough) have noticed throughout the years.
Didn't a former chapel hill athlete receive a front page article when she received the same nomination a few years ago? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you............... I'm just pointing out what many other fans from other schools (including chapel hill, surprisingly enough) have noticed throughout the years.

I don’t know, did a former Chapel Hill athlete receive a front page article when she received the same nomination a few years ago? I have no idea.

All I know is that awards that focus on things like character and academic dedication are typically only given a token nod because the sports-viewing public really could not care less about those things. If she wins it and there is no mention of it anywhere (aside from our website), I would be very surprised, but I’d be even more surprised if anyone other than Niner fans noticed or cared that she’d won it.

And yeah, I misread it too, Noah.

INDIANAPOLIS—Nkolika “Nicky” Anosike, a former basketball
student-athlete at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the 2008
NCAA Woman of the Year.

INDIANAPOLIS---Nkolika “Nicky” Anosike, a former basketball student-athlete at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the 2008 NCAA Woman of the Year.
I'm sure you enjoyed telling us that Mike.

Where’d Lindsey finish?

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;351242]Where’d Lindsey finish?[/QUOTE]

They only named a winner. She was one of eight other finalists.

They only named a winner. She was one of eight other finalists.
Thanks for the article Mike.
INDIANAPOLIS---Nkolika “Nicky” Anosike, a former basketball student-athlete at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the 2008 NCAA Woman of the Year.

As the site’s resident WNBA follower, this is the part where I let you know that Nicky has already developed into a solid player for the hapless Minnesota Lynx.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;351245]As the site’s resident WNBA follower, this is the part where I let you know that Nicky has already developed into a solid player for the hapless Minnesota Lynx.[/QUOTE]

She also has a triple major from Tennessee. Pretty impressive resume.

Over, who won this award last year, since you’re so interested?

Without using Google.

Over, who won this award last year, since you're so interested?
It was apparently not a tarhole; otherwise, there would have been a front page article about her. :shades: