NCCU pregame discussion

We owe them, period. Turnovers doomed us last year, should be a good test for the team.

Niners win, 34-27.

30-17 NINERSā€¦BUT we CANNOT let them immediately punch us in the mouth and intimidate us like they did last year. We MUST do the immediate mouth punch FIRST. I mean that literally. We must take a badass attitude to durham next week. >:D Anyone going? Gotta pass on this one and elon. Grand sonā€™s calling me in Baltimore.

Going to both. Enjoy that Grandson.

Will definitely be a good barometer for us. I think our chances are much better than last year, but my gut says we lose in a shoot out, 45-42. I really hope Iā€™m incredibly wrong.

I might be there. I was planning on being in Raleigh this weekend anyway, so I might just drive over to Durham for the game.

We are attending. Planning on meeting up with the Bait of Power beforehand.

Triangle brewing tour at 1 pm. I will be there pumped for a niner victory.

Is there a caravan going? Is Powerbait driving so we can all go to the Brewery?

Get revenge on the Eagles!

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:9, topic:29003ā€]Is there a caravan going? Is Powerbait driving so we can all go to the Brewery?

Get revenge on the Eagles![/quote]

Heā€™s got room in the car for you Kenny.

Iā€™ll be there. Iā€™m going on a school-organized bus trip with about 40 other students.

I just spent a few minutes perusing the NCCU post game thread from last year. Damn this board has matured as football fans since then. People were freaking out that we lost to Central in our THIRD game. (Little did we know what was to come, both good and bad). A full season of reality does that I guess.

Now Iā€™m really optimistic with a year of seasoning that we can win this game even at their place.

The way they moved the ball on them last year, you know our guys have to be itching to get that win back and are probably feeling pretty confident.

Take away the interceptions and imagine what could have been accomplished had we kept the offense on the field longer. Iā€™m hopeful that we can keep the mistakes at a tolerable level. This should be a closer game.

Yeah I think Niner Nation will be shocked if we donā€™t play them tough if not win it

I think we lose 30-21. Sorry, we didnā€™t come out of the gates well at Campbell, so Iā€™m not too positive will do so any better in a tougher atmosphere. Weā€™ll see though.

One of my big hangups is how much better we play on that Wok of a football field at the Rich. I swear its an advantage beyond just the home crowd to be used to playing whilst you are being slowly sauteed for 3 hoursā€¦ I think thatā€™s what happened to GW last year, and beyond the talent gap JCSU looked completely ā€œnopeā€ about playing on that griddle Saturday.

So, we donā€™t usually take that advantage with us when we play away - seems to be a problem with other ADs having some sanity about scheduling, and not playing on a heated rubber mat.

Weā€™ll see Saturday. Current forecast is a high of 81 with some afternoon showers. 5pm kickoff. It likely wonā€™t be too hot.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:16, topic:29003ā€]One of my big hangups is how much better we play on that Wok of a football field at the Rich. I swear its an advantage beyond just the home crowd to be used to playing whilst you are being slowly sauteed for 3 hoursā€¦ I think thatā€™s what happened to GW last year, and beyond the talent gap JCSU looked completely ā€œnopeā€ about playing on that griddle Saturday.

So, we donā€™t usually take that advantage with us when we play away - seems to be a problem with other ADs having some sanity about scheduling, and not playing on a heated rubber mat.

Weā€™ll see Saturday. Current forecast is a high of 81 with some afternoon showers. 5pm kickoff. It likely wonā€™t be too hot.[/quote]

Not sure how big of an advantage it is. Last year we were 3-3 at home and 2-3 on the road. Pretty even.

Would have to factor in D Line health and declining heat to that record. I dont remember the Wesley game being all that warm.

Anyway, on the good news frontā€¦ possible vid link for Saturday?

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/nccu/portal.htm?eventId=158575&streamType=video

28-24 NCCU wins. We have come a ways, but we still have a ways to go.

We both played CIAA teams this past weekend. The Niners handled JCSU pretty easily who was picked to finish 7th in the CIAA. NCCU beat ECSU 34-7 on Saturday. ECSU was picked to finish 5th in the CIAA.

It is hard to take too much away form that, except to say that they faced slightly better competition last week. I donā€™t know how much their starters played compared to ours either.

Here are some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86yD_tT-KWI