New Additions to Halton

[QUOTE=JWard;333815]The logo in the center of the court is MUCH bigger than last year. [/QUOTE]

That is GREAT to hear.

FWIW, I don’t think the school ultilizes the logo on center court enough.

Please tell me we are talking Kansas Jayhawk big.

That thing is saweeeet

I went in the SAC today to try to get a look at it, but I could only look through the gates they have down. I could only see the baseline, but it looks very nice. It is black, but I like it. Maybe they’re making it black because they’re going to add black to our jerseys this year. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;333825] Maybe they’re making it black because they’re going to add black to our jerseys this year. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I always thought niner green and black looked good together…

I always thought niner green and black looked good together...

Always felt that the best Charlotte jerseys come in black and green anyways.
I’d like to see an alternate black jersey for the basketball team this year, which should look great with the new floor!!

Those screens are SWEET!!! How durable are these screen along the court though? I assume it could withstand bodies flying into it and basketballs being winged at it. How bout a swift hard kick from Bobby? Or a thrown clip board? Anyone know what the screen protector is made of? My mind just pictures a TV screen.

And Black jersey??? I think black jerseys looks cool but NOT for Charlotte basketball. We should stick with Green and White. High Point and App wears black right? It wouldnt look right with black uniforms and a green arena. And the base-lines being black… I’ll have to see it. I know it looks cool, but for Niner Green and White???

You won’t see a black jersey worn by a 49er in Halton Arena.

New NCAA rule…

[QUOTE][B]Uniforms 3-5.10.[/B] Opposing team uniforms shall be of contrasting colors. The home team shall wear light game jerseys and the away team shall wear dark game jerseys. Note: This rule may be altered by mutual consent of the competing institutions.

[B][I]Rationale:[/I][/B] Helps officials to facilitate the identification of players and teams by requiring that the home team wear light and the away team wear dark.

[B][I]Commentary:[/I][/B] In the past, the uniform rule stated that opposing team uniforms shall be of contrasting colors and that the home team ‘should’ wear light while the away team ‘should’ wear dark. The rules change now requires that the home team wear light (not white) and the away team wear dark. The rule is not intended to define what ‘light’ is and what ‘dark’ is, but simply removes the option for home teams to wear dark and away teams to wear light. However, please note that this rule may be altered by mutual consent of the competing institutions to provide for special circumstances.[/QUOTE]

[I]Source:[/I] [URL=www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/resources/file/eb1d4509bb43b12/RulesChangesMemoMailing.doc?MOD=AJPERES][B][U]NCAA.org[/U][/B][/URL]

IIRC we always laid stinkers when we wore black anyways (they did look cool though).

Are there any other schools using green/black?

I cant think of any.

Mich St - Green & White
Marshall - Ditto
North Texas - Ditto
Lots of green & gold schools (too mant to list, but USF & UAB on list)

I dont care for black myself. However, I think Hawaii uses those two a lot together.

Those screens are SWEET!!!! How durable are these screen along the court though? I assume it could withstand bodies flying into it and basketballs being winged at it. How bout a swift hard kick from Bobby? Or a thrown clip board? Anyone know what the screen protector is made of? My mind just pictures a TV screen.

And Black jersey??? I think black jerseys looks cool but NOT for Charlotte basketball. We should stick with Green and White. High Point and App wears black right? It wouldnt look right with black uniforms and a green arena. And the base-lines being black… I’ll have to see it. I know it looks cool, but for Niner Green and White???

I still think black for an atlernate jersey looks great!! I seem to remember us having black jerseys when Jobey was at Charlotte and nobody complained then. As for that NCAA rule about home teams wearing “light” jerseys, I’ve seen many home teams wear their road uniforms at home during last season. As the rule states, if the institutions involved can come to a mutual understanding there should be no problems.
The alums at Georgia didn’t think it would look right for their football team until those guys took the field. Now the student body, alums, and players love the black jerseys!! Trust me, this will work.

Are there any other schools using green/black?

I cant think of any.

Mich St - Green & White
Marshall - Ditto
North Texas - Ditto
Lots of green & gold schools (too mant to list, but USF & UAB on list)

Duke did for a number of years, but I can’t remember if they have recently

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;333891]Duke did for a number of years, but I can’t remember if they have recently[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I remember them doing it last ear, but I could be wrong.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;333891]Duke did for a number of years, but I can’t remember if they have recently[/QUOTE]

Duke had green jerseys??

[QUOTE=d-roc15;333890]As for that NCAA rule about home teams wearing “light” jerseys, I’ve seen many home teams wear their road uniforms at home during last season. As the rule states, if the institutions involved can come to a mutual understanding there should be no problems.
The alums at Georgia didn’t think it would look right for their football team until those guys took the field. Now the student body, alums, and players love the black jerseys!! Trust me, this will work.[/QUOTE]
I have as well, but that was LAST season. The rule change memo was sent out to all coaches on June 17. I don’t think ANY team that Charlotte plays would agree to it either, nor will other teams in the NCAA. However, I would love to see the 49ers take to the Halton floor against Clemson in the gold unis.

I have as well, but that was LAST season. The rule change memo was sent out to all coaches on June 17. I don't think ANY team that Charlotte plays would agree to it either, nor will other teams in the NCAA. However, I would love to see the 49ers take to the Halton floor against Clemson in the gold unis.

Agreed. We need a GOLD uni game.

[QUOTE=d-roc15;333890] I seem to remember us having black jerseys when Jobey was at Charlotte and nobody complained then. [/QUOTE]

Oooooo, Oooooo, pick me, pick me. I know. I know.

I know why no one complained then.

It was the 3rd jersey, the same year we had those attrocious “kelly green” road jerseys.

A “Shirts vs. Skins” game would have been preferrable those obnoxious green ones from And1.

[QUOTE=J Felt;333897]Agreed. We need a GOLD uni game.[/QUOTE]

That would an ideal “throwback” game since the Mullins, Henry Williams era used gold. A nice history lesson for the younger fans/students/alums.

I wish someone would make this happen.

Just a thought here on the green, black, white, gold, etc… color combinations.

Since I recall a conversation on here one time about the correct shade of green that is Niner Green…I wonder if we would/will consistant if the shade of black that is used or will there be multiple shades of that as well.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;333900]I wonder if we would/will consistant if the shade of black that is used or will there be multiple shades of that as well.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DimGray][B][SIZE=7]You mean like this?[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]