New Additions to Halton

Signature Sports Group partnered with the University on the new Pro Table LED Boards. They were purchased from Daktronics from both the menā€™s and womenā€™s Final Four sites. Jim Hoppa, an Associate Vice Chancellor, made this purchase happen as a result of a number of options provided by SSG. [B]There is no other facility in the country, college or NBA, that will have 13 LED boards operating on the floor at the same time.[/B] With the center-hung scoreboard and these new tables, there has been over $1.2 million pumped into fan enhancement since January 14th of our first year in the A-10.

Add the new paint scheme on the floor this year and you will think Halton Arena is a shiny new palace. It wonā€™t be long before the sound system is updated, too. Itā€™s caught in some paperwork trail, but it is close!

Finally, first in something. Davidson doesnā€™t have them. :49ers:

HP, what has been done to the floor (besides the new 3-pt. line) as far as the paint scheme?

No idea on the new paint scheme, 919R. But a new coat of paint is always nice!

No idea on the new paint scheme, 919R. But a new coat of paint is always nice!

Oh, sorryā€¦I thought you meant they were changing the layout/color scheme on the floor. I was wondering how I missed hearing about that.

was it just me or was there a difference in the wood color in the lane the last couple years? I didnt notice it until after we joined the a10, so the question was is it intentional? or did it just happen when they stripped the cusa logo and put in the a10?

[QUOTE=919R;333566]Oh, sorryā€¦I thought you meant they were changing the layout/color scheme on the floor. I was wondering how I missed hearing about that.[/QUOTE]
Iā€™ve now been told that the court will have an entirely new paint scheme this season.

I've now been told that the court will have an entirely new paint scheme this season.

OK, cool. I canā€™t wait to see it.

[QUOTE=HP49er;333577]Iā€™ve now been told that the court will have an entirely new paint scheme this season.[/QUOTE]

PIX!! WE WANT PIX!!! ASAP!!!

[QUOTE=HP49er;333551]Signature Sports Group partnered with the University on the new Pro Table LED Boards. They were purchased from Daktronics from both the menā€™s and womenā€™s Final Four sites. Jim Hoppa, an Associate Vice Chancellor, made this purchase happen as a result of a number of options provided by SSG. [B]There is no other facility in the country, college or NBA, that will have 13 LED boards operating on the floor at the same time.[/B] With the center-hung scoreboard and these new tables, there has been over $1.2 million pumped into fan enhancement since January 14th of our first year in the A-10.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully those new LED boards will pay for themselves in no time due to the increase in sponsorship $$ that will be coming in.

Iā€™m very excited to see these in action.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;333583]Hopefully those new LED boards will pay for themselves in no time due to the increase in sponsorship $$ that will be coming in.

Iā€™m very excited to see these in action.[/QUOTE]

for real - I hope to see Bojangles things floating around the bottom board like at TWC Arenaā€¦ then Bojangles in our concession standsā€¦ and thenā€¦ well then BOJANGLES STADIUM on the other side of mallard creek!!!

ā€¦I say it like I dont eat there 3-5 times a week alreadyā€¦

[QUOTE=HP49er;333559]No idea on the new paint scheme, 919R. But a new coat of paint is always nice![/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong, at all with a new coat of paint.

Provided that CHP is not involved in the decision process, such as with the lights on the new entrance

New video boards were negotiated by SSG, but they were paid for entirely by university and athletic department. Sound system is coming within the next year, and floor is being painted right now. Very different look! Looks similar to NCAA tournament floor from this past year.

[QUOTE=NinerJags;333596]New video boards were negotiated by SSG, but they were paid for entirely by university and athletic department. Sound system is coming within the next year, and floor is being painted right now. Very different look! Looks similar to NCAA tournament floor from this past year.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great. Glad to hear it. The court was starting to look pretty bad.

New video boards were negotiated by SSG, but they were paid for entirely by university and athletic department. Sound system is coming within the next year, and floor is being painted right now. Very different look! Looks similar to NCAA tournament floor from this past year.

so we can expect very little paint then? I might draw a mock up later tonight of what i think that will look like. nice to know though.

I find it hard to believe that at least one of you has not seen the new floor. Itā€™s been different for almost 2 weeks now. Totally new paint scheme. All black baseline. Gigantic 49er logo in the center. The Charlotte logos have been replaced with ā€œHalton Arenaā€. They were painting the end-zone lettering today when I poked my head in. Looks pretty sweet.

The new tables are also awesome. I saw them in action a week or two ago. All they had up on them was this really flashy looking ā€œCharlotteā€ animated-type thing. The arena tech guys were in there working on them. The arena has been closed for almost a month and a half or so. Apparently they had to dig up a bunch of the floor to put in new power for the new tables or something.

As for the sound systemā€¦ no, there is no new sound system in the arena. What is there is what has been there for ever from what Iā€™m told. The new sound system is in the works and has been for a while. It was supposed to be installed and ready for this season but probably wonā€™t be. It also has nothing to do with why Halton doesnā€™t get concerts. Why would some big tour come to Halton when Verizon, Time Warner Arena, etcā€¦ is right down the road?

All you have to do to see all of this new stuff is go play basketball in upper courts. Right? Just go see it. Hope Iā€™m not spoiling it for anyone. Do they really try to keep stuff like this a secret?

Oh yeahā€¦ newbie here. First post. Iā€™ve been around for a while and finally decided to join the forum. Tired of lurking I guess.

double post. SCORE

[QUOTE=JWard;333806]I find it hard to believe that at least one of you has not seen the new floor. Itā€™s been different for almost 2 weeks now. Totally new paint scheme. All black baseline. Gigantic 49er logo in the center. The Charlotte logos have been replaced with ā€œHalton Arenaā€. They were painting the end-zone lettering today when I poked my head in. Looks pretty sweet.

The new tables are also awesome. I saw them in action a week or two ago. All they had up on them was this really flashy looking ā€œCharlotteā€ animated-type thing. The arena tech guys were in there working on them. The arena has been closed for almost a month and a half or so. Apparently they had to dig up a bunch of the floor to put in new power for the new tables or something.

As for the sound systemā€¦ no, there is no new sound system in the arena. What is there is what has been there for ever from what Iā€™m told. The new sound system is in the works and has been for a while. It was supposed to be installed and ready for this season but probably wonā€™t be. It also has nothing to do with why Halton doesnā€™t get concerts. Why would some big tour come to Halton when Verizon, Time Warner Arena, etcā€¦ is right down the road?

All you have to do to see all of this new stuff is go play basketball in upper courts. Right? Just go see it. Hope Iā€™m not spoiling it for anyone. Do they really try to keep stuff like this a secret?

Oh yeahā€¦ newbie here. First post. Iā€™ve been around for a while and finally decided to join the forum. Tired of lurking I guess.[/QUOTE]

First of all - welcome aboard!

Secondly - can you snap a picture? I dont thikn they try to keep it secret as much as they just dont say anything about itā€¦ make it a shocker. I plan to check it out thursday when I move back!

[QUOTE=JWard;333806]All black baseline. [/QUOTE]

Everything sounds good, except for this.

Why not make it all green?

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;333810]Everything sounds good, except for this.

Why not make it all green?[/QUOTE]

theoretically Gold isnt one of our colors, so what the heck, why not black!

In all seriousness I dont doubt that it looks awesomeā€¦ I trust that our floor wouldnt be allowed to look like trashā€¦ that is, unless someone can prove me otherwiseā€¦

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;333812]theoretically Gold isnt one of our colors, so what the heck, why not black!

In all seriousness I dont doubt that it looks awesomeā€¦ I trust that our floor wouldnt be allowed to look like trashā€¦ that is, unless someone can prove me otherwiseā€¦[/QUOTE]

to be fair, the jury will remain out until a real picture is seen.

black may not suck on the baselines.

However, at this point, I am kinda surprised they made it black.

ETA: is black an official color? I thought black and gold were not official colors, but were used by various teams/sports.
If green/white are the only official colors, I would kind of expect them to be the only ones used.

butā€¦whatever.

The black looks very nice. Has a mirror finish to it. The logo in the center of the court is MUCH bigger than last year. The lettering on the end zones is gold, white, and green. The color of the wood looks alot lighter (more natural with no stain) than it used to.

Sorry guys. Iā€™m not going to be the one caught in there snapping pictures! Ha! Iā€™m sure someone will acomplish that by the end of next week!