New Bobcat logos ??

source:

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258

Wow, that’s interesting… I work for the Bobcats and I haven’t even seen a few of those. The C logos, and the plain Bobcats face that isn’t part of a basketball at all are new to me.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;316458]Wow, that’s interesting… I work for the Bobcats and I haven’t even seen a few of those. The C logos, and the plain Bobcats face that isn’t part of a basketball at all are new to me.[/QUOTE]

Since you work there, I am tasking you with a challenge. I have heard thru a friend that is a season ticket holder…

the orange jerseys are GONE

next season will likely include pinstripe jerseys

we will likely not see the original Bobcat logo (the one with the cat looking left to right) again

your task is to report back on the validity of this speculation.

Thanks

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;316456]

source:

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=258[/QUOTE]

Look under unused logos…playoffs hahhaha

i like the new logo

Since you work there, I am tasking you with a challenge. I have heard thru a friend that is a season ticket holder....

the orange jerseys are GONE

next season will likely include pinstripe jerseys

we will likely not see the original Bobcat logo (the one with the cat looking left to right) again

your task is to report back on the validity of this speculation.

Thanks

From what I’ve heard, the orange jerseys will be gone next season, and the blue that was our accent color, will be the primary color. Haven’t heard anything about pinstripes at all.

Not sure that the Bobcats looking to the left logo will be completely gone, but they do want to use a lot more the face-on bobcat logo where part of the right side resembles a basketball.

I will see what i can find out though.

Good work Chisox, keep up the outstanding fact finding.

From what I've heard, the orange jerseys will be gone next season, and the blue that was our accent color, will be the primary color. Haven't heard anything about pinstripes at all.

Not sure that the Bobcats looking to the left logo will be completely gone, but they do want to use a lot more the face-on bobcat logo where part of the right side resembles a basketball.

I will see what i can find out though.

This…
Is almost as bad as this…

I really believe that we have one of the worst mascots in basketball. Ranks down there with the Wizards and Nets

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;316467]This… is almost as bad as this…[/QUOTE]

Not sure I’d go that far. I’m not wow’d by this Bobcat logo, but it is a big step forward from the original primary logo…with I always thought that it sucked.

I’m not a marketing expert, but why does one have to place wording (“Charlotte Bobcats”) as part of the logo. Sure they were a new team at the time, but it makes for a very weak image.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;316467]
I really believe that we have one of the worst mascots in basketball. Ranks down there with the Wizards and Nets[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand the Wizards.

This has to be one of the ugliest unis ever.

some oblivious marketing rep was going for alliteration and failed miserably

Who cares? really…

I don't understand the Wizards.

This has to be one of the ugliest unis ever.

Wizards was actually a fan vote, they changed the name because “Washington Bullets” was too violent.

The New York Knicks is the worst, by far. Short for knickerbockers, which means pants. Lets go PANTS! Go PANTS go! P-A-NTS PANTS PANTS PANTS!

the fans voted for the name of our team so you really can’t complain silvio. bobcats also goes with the “cat” theme we have with our professional sports.

the fans voted for the name of our team so you really can't complain silvio. bobcats also goes with the "cat" theme we have with our professional sports.

The people of Charlotte also voted against the arena… :lmao:

the fans voted for the name of our team so you really can't complain silvio. bobcats also goes with the "cat" theme we have with our professional sports.

the “cat” theme? One instance is not a theme.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;316484]The people of Charlotte also voted against the arena… :lmao:[/QUOTE]

but you know damn well that this city never does what the voters want anyways.

Yea, one time is not a theme. It's barely a theme now. (and I swear to god, if they start going with some kind of Orange and Blue/Blueish Purple theme in this city (checkers, bobjohnsoncats, charlotte eagles) I'm gonna be totally pissed.)

More importantly, just cause they voted doesn’t mean they can’t complain. It’s just like our last presidential election and what this one will be too: a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Yea, one time is not a theme. It's barely a theme now. (and I swear to god, if they start going with some kind of Orange and Blue/Blueish Purple theme in this city (checkers, bobjohnsoncats, charlotte eagles) I'm gonna be totally pissed.)

More importantly, just cause they voted doesn’t mean they can’t complain. It’s just like our last presidential election and what this one will be too: a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

that is possibly one of the greatest South Park episodes ever…

“Vote or Die, Bitch!”…“What does that even mean?”…“I think you know”:fastgun:

Those logos have been up on that website since the start of the season, for some reason or another the organization has just chosen not to use them. I have a feeling the new unis will have one or more of those logos incorporated and I also think they will change the logo at midcourt to either one of the two logos with the Bobcat facing forward. I’m glad they’re moving away from the orange as I always thought it was just a terrible choice to go with orange in the first place but I can’t say it didn’t grow on me a little bit through the years.

Sidenote: I think the Bullets changing their name was the stupidest thing they could have possibly done. That is such a cool name for a basketball team, especially one in DC. It makes historical sense (the war history of our nations capital) and it also makes basketball sense (bullets = fast). Why in the world they decided to go with Wizards I’ll never know.