New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

Maybe we should look at 14 year old’s internet history to see what things they like and create a brand based on that

OK seriously, here are some items that I think probably were, or should be, drivers in this project based on what we know about Mike and his staff.

• Gold - I will not be surpised if we see an elevation of that color to become #2 in uniforms.
    Green and white are the school’s official colors, but gold is what differentiates us from so many other schools. #GoldStandard
  • UNCC - Dubois drove the ‘we are not UNCC’ effort (ineffectively), and he is gone. Healy wears UNCC gear, and I am sure that isn’t against Hill’s wishes. I see this coming back. As long as our URL is UNCC.edu, and everybody calls us UNCC, why should we fight it?
  • CLT - okay, it would be confusing to use UNCC and CLT, so I am suggesting that if we don’t bring back UNCC we use CLT. I actually like this better and feel like it continues to help pave the way to become the U of CLT, but think UNCC is more likely.
  • Niners vs Forty-Niners - I like using Niners, and it aligns with Niner Nation which we don’t use enough, but I do not see how we move away from 49ers. Besides, it would take away one of the two cheers our cheerleaders have.
  • Mascot - I hope when Hill talks about 14 year olds he is hinting that muppet Norm for the 5 year olds will be replaced by a tougher looking Norm that will appeal to kids who play shoot and kill video games all day.
  • Crown - Healy has been using the city’s crown logo. I say no. It doesn’t belong to us, and if we build our brand around it and they change, we are screwed. We have our own crown, and I vote no on that one too.
  • Don’t be too damn clever. The 'C-pick" harlotte logo only works with Charlotte fans, and everybody else wonders what it is. We need to focus and simplify.
  • Build a brand. All uniforms need to conform to our look and standards. All media needs to conform to our look and standards.

I am excited to see what is unveiled. Hill can’t affort to screw this one up, and that is possible. I can think of several schools that have botched rebranding in the last few years.

I think that CLT is incorporated. Different shade of green. Black is gone. Gold is bumped up. Logo is simplified. 49ers is a tough thing to “logo” so we’ll see. Wonder about a new font for lettering.

1 Like

“UNCC - Dubois drove the ‘we are not UNCC’ effort (ineffectively), and he is gone. Healy wears UNCC gear, and I am sure that isn’t against Hill’s wishes. I see this coming back. As long as our URL is UNCC.edu, and everybody calls us UNCC, why should we fight it?”

I don’t see this coming back at all (sport wise). From my understanding, this is just a rebrand for the AD. Charlotte49ers.com & packthemine49.com. UNCC will not be part of this rebrand for athletics imo.

1 Like

I think we need to keep the 49ers. The numbered mascot makes us unique. I wish they would do more with it like 4/9 day. I’d love if wearing the 49 is an honor in all sports that wear numbers.

this is going to be interesting. can’t wait for the new logo!

one question though, what is it with app state fans against us lol, are they mad because we might take away their underdog status?

Extremely disappointed and apprehensive about this

Not diggin’ the Clt thing for anatomical reasons.
Also, guys will be hard pressed to find us.

So many variations of green and gold. I could see them looking for something lighter. I think ditching the black will help.

I will be unhappy if our new green looks like Marshall’s. I like hunter green. Much classier.

1 Like

I agree. Hunter green is one of the few greens that looks classy & not cheap & cheesy.

1 Like

The official “green” was darker early on but was changed because it looked black on TV. I guess this isn’t an issue now with HD. I remember it coming up when the SAC was being planned.

The shift on green and gold shades will enable us to be consistent across the board. The green and gold we are using are common colors amongst NFL and College sports. No more customer pms 349 challenges.

NY Jets color?

1 Like

The one single thing I hope we don’t do is return to being “UNCC.”

1 Like

It won’t be, I can promise that.

3 Likes

Are we sure there will be a color change? It would be odd to have different colors for athletics than the official school colors. I was thinking it would be more of a logo change with maybe changing which colors are highlighted in the logo.

None of us know. Well maybe Tintin, but the rest of us are just guessing.

I don’t know shit about the rebrand… I just knew it was going to happen on the the 23rd. I tried to get the person to draw it and they wouldn’t.

We are shifting colors slightly I say that because I’ve seen it all.

1 Like