New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

I’m a huge fan of Chancellor Gabor so far. Let’s give her the support she deserves in hopes that she does not fall to external influence. Send her a note of appreciation for being our chancellor.

10 Likes

Are they planning on selling the Gold Football Jersey or any of the Green & Black Soccer Jersey’s?

3 Likes

I guess masks are here to stay, so I just got a new one.

2 Likes

Is that a g-string? Sexy

Yes it is, and I rock it!

1 Like

I want a Gold jersey.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Speaking of gold, last week was the debut of gold unis with gold pants. I guess we should add it to the thread.

4 Likes

https://belkcollege.charlotte.edu/news/2021-08-19/bringing-charlotte-forefront-brand

Stopped in bookstore yesterday and they have lots of great gear with new logo. However hat selection is worse and there were no football jerseys. NONE. Absolutely unacceptbale. 3 games coming with a winning team and no football gear. Whoever orders gear there is just awful.

3 Likes

I cant understand why we dont make our school colors green and gold instead of green and white, it looks better on the uniforms and merchandise, and fits with the 49er theme, also does anyone like the idea of colored football turf for us, gold turf with green end zones to set us apart, sort of like the smurf turf in Boise, the teal in Coastal, or even the red turf in Eastern Washington

No no no no no no. Respectfully.

I’d be all for a flashy turf color. I can’t see it being used negatively against us, could appeal to some recruits for being different, and helps give us media attention. I feel like I remember Boise State for their field color more than for their success when they were first coming on the scene.

Our official colors are green white and gold. Just need to use gold more.

As for the field. No. No. No.

If Boise makes it to the B12 they will change their turf. It’s insanely gimmicky

Players love gimmicky. I just want our field to be different. There is nothing unique or cool about our field. Plus we replace the turf every so often so doesn’t have to be permanent. I mentioned this before but I’d like to see football field and basketball court designs where players, students and even fans can vote on some options.

No way Boise changes their field just because they change conferences. Bring this back up in the future when this happens.

1 Like

Id love to see us mark the field with gold 49s. We can be unique without looking minor league. Football fields should be green.

1 Like

Yup, I’d love to see grass myself but understand why we don’t.

1 Like

The field replacement we just did is supposed to be about a once every 8 year event, and it aint cheap. I believe we are using the same Hellas Matrix Turf being used in some NFL stadiums like Dallas and SoFi stadium, and that can run upwards of $2,000,000 for a full install. There’s also an upcharge for special colors on top of that.

I used to like the 49 yard line idea, but I prefer the way our field looks now. The giant all in C looks great, and that and our end zones are our chance to individualize it for our program.

I’m not big on gimmicks. On the field, I think your play should dictate your identity. We have enough of a program brand identity with our intense sideline celebrations and Club Lit.

5 Likes

We’d have to pay a royalty to Boise to have a gold field.

Gold is a nice accent but green and white should be majority. We have other teams in the state that have primary gold(even though it looks yellow).