New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

Alert the media! Because as we all know, they will continue to do what they’ve always done. I expect to see/hear UNCC in about 24 hours.

2 Likes

It took getting special permission to maintain two .edu and it took an entire team about a year. I’d say that was both and expense and a challenge. One that this chancellor felt was worth it. Rather than look at it as it wasn’t that hard maybe it really was difficult and we made it happen?

New 49er Plate

Sometimes the stars align… by total coincidence (no joke and not planned), the NCDMV notified us late this afternoon that the new logo plates are ready to be ordered!

If you have an old plate, you can wait until time to renew and request a new plate for no extra fee, or you can get a new plate early for an extra fee. You can do this online or at a tag office, or by mail when renewing.

11 Likes

DMV must know we are moving upward! Will change mine out now, thanks for the heads up brother!

2 Likes

Well damn! I just renewed online about a week ago and it did not even show an option for any Niner plate-new logo or old, so I had to keep my old C-pic plate another year.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re arguing about. No one said it wasn’t going to be an expense or a challenge.

We were told that the expense and challenge was too big, that a change couldn’t happen. We have accomplished something in roughly a year that the previous chancellor of 15 years said couldn’t happen.

To me, it wasn’t too big, it was all politics. The difficulty of changing the .edu was over exaggerated.

I’m starting to really like our new chancellor. She appears to be getting things done. Glad she is on board.

4 Likes

I’m not arguing about it. It’s more like making a point that it was a big challenge and our current chancellor overcame it where our previous one threw up his hands. To me it wasn’t just politics it was are you willing to put money and effort behind this even if it’s a lot of money and a lot of effort. I think it’s awesome that in less than a year in the job the new chancellor committed resources and pushed to get this done. I prefer the perspective of it was a big deal and the new person got it done.

5 Likes

I like that the logo in the top left corner of the website does not reference “UNC”, but I still see six (6) references to “UNC Charlotte” on the home page alone. I don’t know that I would consider that “very little mention”. I still consider this a win, but was hoping all references to “UNC Charlotte” on the website would have been removed and replaced with “Charlotte”. If the University wants others to refer to institution as “Charlotte”, the University needs to take that step as well.

4 Likes

That sucks Punk!

Now she needs to overhaul the bookstore arrangement and let Athletics run with someone else. B&N is really lacking especially with their online retail.

5 Likes

Just ordered two new plates. Had to pay extra since it’s not time for renewal, but it is what it is. My vehicles rebrand is almost complete. My boat is already completely rebranded.

Go CHARLOTTE
GO CLT

2 Likes

Would be great if they just let Athletics run the online store front for athletic related clothing.

3 Likes

You totally misunderstood my original comment. Essentially I was criticizing Dubois, which you also did in your last post.

1 Like

Sorry if I misinterpreted.

What the new Chancellor has been able to accomplish during a pandemic is pretty amazing. She was willing to commit money and time and effort to something that her predecessor was not. I think she should get credit for putting in the effort and work vs saying Phil just sucked and it wasn’t a big deal after all. The challenges that were stated weren’t over estimates - but Phil absolutely didn’t try to find a way to get things done because IMO at the end of the day he valued the UNC.

Lol, you just commented that Phil didn’t want to change the .edu because he valued the UNC, yet I was incorrect for saying it was political.

I too apologize if my comment was interpretted as discreditting or belittling the current chancellor. That wasn’t the intent.

However, I stand by the fact that we were told changing the .edu was too cost prohibitive, too time consuming, too big of scope to be worth pursuing, thus making a change in the school name unrealistic. That sentiment was over exaggerated and incorrect.

BTW, it’s not me saying that sentiment was over exaggerated or incorrect. It’s the current chancellor saying it, by actually accomplishing the task.

I’ll add, we were also told, changing letterhead and signage was “too big” of a task to consider pursuing. But guess what we’re doing. We’re changing letterhead and signage.

1 Like

Now that all misunderstandings have been cleared up amongst both of you, let’s all have an ice cold Gold Rush Gold Lager!

Cheers!!!

8 Likes

You can tell what a manly man Norm is as he bends the handle on that pickaxe.

2 Likes

Proves that Phil was bought and paid for. Completely under the influence of UNC.

Phil is so beta it’s gross