New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

The branding doesnā€™t go as far as some people would like but its a step in the right direction.

I think we all want to go all the way - but the resistance to this is real. Small steps is probably the best way to go. If we had pushed for full change immediately I think it would have gotten shot down.

I think this is a pretty big step in the right direction. Especially since our Chancellor has only been here a year.

3 Likes

clt says charlotte.edu is perfect

2 Likes

Not sure where to put this, but this is a huge development for the university. Definitely puts us in a higher echelon of universities, and will hopefully raise our profile even more:

4 Likes

Rice and FIU are the only other CUSA schools with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter. There are no Sun Belt schools that have one.

2 Likes

Charlotte.

clt says academics matter.

1 Like

This is the way.

This is a positive step in the right direction but do we have to wait another 20 years before we can change the name to the University of Charlotte?

Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

2 Likes

This is very well done and looking forward to the various launch activities over the next few weeks. I have been saying for years that we need to follow the VT model and publicly identify as Charlotte and changing the .edu is simple but huge. Website is well done and interested in how we announce to the public and get some buzz all at a very good time as school starts back, we face Duke at home and are reaching new heights with student count and academic reputation.

1 Like

Mixed messaging again. Tweet says Charlotte, graphics still say UNC.

:sigh:

Seems like a pretty big step in the right direction and much sooner than I would have expected in the new chancellorā€™s tenure.

3 Likes

Funny, we heard for years that changing .edu was a huge deal and one of the major reasons for not changing the school name. Yet it all happened rather quietly in what appears to be a single day.

4 Likes

The domain work has been going on for over a year. We got permission to maintain two .edu for a time. It looks like it happened over night but there was a team working very hard on the technology aspect of this for a long time.

4 Likes

My comment was somewhat tongue in check. Of course it didnā€™t literally happen over night. The point was that it never was a real hinderance, or too big of an expense, to prevent it from happening. It was all politics.

@Charlotte on twitter is taken so I am sure that is being worked on but look at the website - there is very little mention of UNC - and you have to search for it to find it. Check out vt.eduā€¦.itā€™s the same. We did effectively drop the UNC today and I fully expect the continued launch (this is day 1) to reflect that and I guarantee you will hear Chancellor and other U staff just say Charlotte. NO MORE UNCC IS A WIN FOR ALL!!!

4 Likes