New Charlotte 49ers branding unveil, Tuesday 6/23 12:49pm

Maybe someone in the AD may have an idea. Hopefully someone has started that ball rolling and if not THEY SHOULD DAMN WELL get on it ASAP.

The Alumni Association does the license plate.

2 Likes

The process to updated the license plate logo was started in July 2020. We’re almost there, but still have a few weeks left before the plate will be ready to order. The old logo plate is no longer available for purchase while the new ones are manufactured. As @49erAlumnus can attest to the last time the logo was updated, working with the NCDMV isn’t the easiest or fastest process.

I am just as eager to get the new logo plate on my vehicle as well, as my current plate expires in August.

4 Likes

@squattie, it sounds like you may work for the Alumni Association. If so, is there any chance that your team could put out an FAQ about how to get a new plate if you already have one of the old ones? I know that NC is changing plates every 7 years (except for now because of the current aluminum shortage), so if I got a new plate about a year ago, will I need to wait six more to get the new logo? I don’t want to do that. I had the original plate for something like 18 years before I got the C-pick last year. I want to sport the new one ASAP!

@Nugget, absolutely! We will update our license plate info page with more information once we have it. Thank you for supporting the plate program!

Depending on the replacement schedule the DMV sets (currently 7 years), you would have to wait until that date comes to automatically get the new plate. But, you should be able to request our new plate sooner than that once the plates are back from the manufacturer and ready to order through the DMV portal.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the answers @squattie !

Looking forward to the new all in C on my ride.

1 Like

clt gunna rock the new c on the zep

Teasing the upcoming August 19th announcement?

(that is a lousy looking link, but I don’t know if there are options besides just posting the link here)

Think it has just been a year since the logo reveal. Thanks for the link, nice video!

We are moving to SEC?

That is old news

I linked the video, but should have mentioned that the Charlotte 49ers FB post says…

One year ago, the #BoldRush was on…
𝐖𝐞’𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐰. ⛏

3 Likes

I went to the bookstore today, and there is now a ton of new logo stuff. I don’t know if it is finally coming in from the delayed orders last summer, or if they are prepared for the 8/19 announcement of the University’s rebranding. Either way, the bookstore looks like they have gotten the message.

More hats. I got the green one with the ‘C’ and ‘Charlotte’. I like the green hat in the bottom right corner better, but it is structured, and I don’t like they way they fit my big noggin.

We spent $190 on things we didn’t need. It is an illness.

7 Likes

I hope to get the one you got. It’s my favorite of all these.

Now that’s more like it.

1 Like

I was in there a couple weeks ago. Did you notice if they had more sizes for Nike polos? All they had was Small when I was there.

Over a year has past since the brand change. Has it been worth the time and money invested in making the change?

clt says the big news comes in august…

We pretty much know what is going to happen based on the brand.uncc.edu page. The crown is being retired. The name is not changing. The url is being changed along with the logo. We can surmise that the university logo will be the athletics logo. They will release a style guide just like athletics did. No real earth shattering news.

I did notice there were Nike, and other brand polos, but I didn’t look closely.