New CUSA Multimedia Rights announcement

400k and still negotiating with BeIN and ESPN, not good but not as bad as I initially feared. We need to put some serious effort into getting schools to raise the production quality of CUSATV.

Hopefully we can get the Fordham game and some basketball games next season on WCCB here in Charlotte. Local TV is more important in building a fan base than being on national TV.

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/Article/CUSA-v-Sun-Belt-TV-deals-116260412

This is how the sun belt over takes us as a conference from a perception perspective.

They just need to make CUSA TV a free stream to gain fans. I am willing to bet that if only a few of our fans pay for it that even less pay at the crappy stream schools. No weekend fan is going to pay for that service.

They should make it free and sell more advertisements. They could make more money overall.

1 Like

clt says this will not matter when we are in the AAC

FYI - Charlotte folks, since we don’t have a Stadium affiliate in town, I may have found another free way to watch CUSA content on that network:

I found it as a Roku Channel, but I believe there’s also an app in the Google Play Store:

Pluto TV

It’s an app / channel that provides a bunch of cometely free TV channels, and features it’s own TV guide. Channel # 207 is Stadium network:

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/ed-miller/article_77b56b30-5d45-11e8-a801-dfd0f919bb4a.html

CBS Sports has released their TV schedule. CUSA games are

Saturday, Sept. 1 at Noon, Houston at Rice
Saturday, Sept. 1 at 7 p.m., Indiana at FIU
Saturday, Sept. 22 at 3:30 p.m., Virginia Tech at Old Dominion
Saturday, Sept. 22 at 7 p.m., NC State at Marshall
Friday, Oct. 5 at 7:30 p.m., Middle Tennessee at Marshall
Friday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 p.m., Louisiana Tech at Florida Atlantic
Friday, Nov. 2 at 8 p.m., Western Kentucky at Middle Tennessee
Thursday, Nov. 15 at 9:30 p.m., Florida Atlantic at North Texas
Saturday, Nov. 24 at Noon, Western Kentucky at Louisiana Tech
Saturday, Dec. 1, TBD, Conference USA Championship

1 Charlotte game. That’s OK

Where do you see Charlotte ?

Gonna go ahead and set my DVR. Definitely a must watch.

Dec 1

1 Like

New deal with ESPN to broadcast 175 events on ESPN+ and ESPn3

Sat, Sept. 1 6 p.m. Fordham at Charlotte ESPN+
Sat, Sept. 8 6 p.m. Appalachian State at Charlotte ESPN+
Sat Sept 15 6 p.m. Old Dominion @ Charlotte ESPN3
Sat Sept 22 TBA Charlotte @ UMass TBD
Sat, Sept. 29 TBA Charlotte @ UAB ESPN3
Sat, Oct. 13 3:30 p.m. Western Kentucky @ Charlotte ESPN+
Sat, Oct. 20 3 p.m. Charlotte @ Middle Tennessee ESPN3
Sat, Oct. 27 2 p.m. Southern Miss @ Charlotte ESPN3
Sat. Nov. 3 Charlotte @ Tennessee TBD
Sat, Nov. 10 2:30 p.m. Charlotte @ Marshall ESPN+
Sat, Nov. 17 2 p.m. Florida International @ Charlotte ESPN3
Sat Nov 24 TBA Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic Stadium

$15 to add ESPN+ for the 3 mos we will be on it - that’s not a bad deal, and is especially good for out of town 49ers. If you are in town, and attending the games, the only time you need to pay for ESPN3 is the Marshall game in November (cheapskates!)

ESPN3 is free to those of you who still have some type of cable/satellite/similar streaming package - if ESPN is included in that package, your cable login will work for ESPN3.

Ultimately, I want to see us have some games on regular broadcast TV, but honestly, we would have killed for complete coverage like this for most of the last 20+ years. I am very satisfied with it for now.

Also, ESPN doesn’t have to act like CUSA doesn’t exist anymore. That’s kina nice for gameday and sportscenter and such.

yaaay :roll_eyes:

On the bright side looks like won’t have to pay for CUSATV for those three months. Does this impact our ability to cut a deal with WCCB?