New Observer Low?

Helping sell tickets for the holes?

[URL]http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2008/12/tickets-still-remain-for-hansbroughs_16.html[/URL]

come on.

lol…I commented there

I can’t even think of good excuses for that one…

heh I commented

Of course, Mike will say he doesn’t control online content.

This is simply reason #4,506,454 that the Charlotte Observer is a piece of crap.

Of course, Mike will say he doesn't control online content.

This is simply reason #4,506,454 that the Charlotte Observer is a piece of crap.

My Observer has been cancelled for 2 wks now. I must admit in the mornings I have withdraws. I read the paper every day. Guess I gotta call the RH Herald.

[QUOTE=metro;370438] I must admit in the mornings I have withdraws. [/QUOTE]

Not me, man. Within 20-25 minutes of being online (ESPN, CBS Sportsline NNN and Sporting News), I get more daily information than I got in a months worth of reading the Charlotte Observer sports page.

Cancelled my Charlotte Observer a long time ago and even my family has commented that I seem much happier.

My Observer has been cancelled for 2 wks now. I must admit in the mornings I have withdraws. I read the paper every day. Guess I gotta call the RH Herald.
Not me, man. Within 20-25 minutes of being online (ESPN, CBS Sportsline NNN and Sporting News), I get more daily information than I got in a months worth of reading the Charlotte Observer sports page.

Cancelled my Charlotte Observer a long time ago and even my family has commented that I seem much happier.

LOL. I’m glad you guys got over your problem and finally quit that bad habit. I’m sorry, you know there’s a problem with the paper when people are talking about it like its an alcohol or drug problem that they finally quit and are now happier now that they’ve “seen the light.”

My parents had the Observer for years and in the past couple years canceled it and resubscribed several times. My dad likes to read the paper but always gets mad reading it and then will eventually decide to cancel it :lmao:

He’s been going observer-free for a good 3-4 months now

Wow, this is absolutely crazy…

And you guys are right, Mike will come in, say he doesn’t have control, then tell us if we were in the same situation blah blah blah. Yeah I think we scream big brother big brother too much generally, but the Observer really is out of control. What a ****ing joke. I really would be interested to see what would happen if a sports editor focused on the local teams for say… 1 year… I guarantee there would be big changes in public perception.

Anybody else thinking somebody from the Observer made the anonymous comment at 11:26?

Anybody else thinking somebody from the Observer made the anonymous comment at 11:26?

Because they said “By the way” I think they posted a reply before.

My guess is it’s either the poster who said:

[QUOTE]To anon at 9:43… Don’t take cheap shots at Coach Lowe’s family. It’s tasteless and you give other respectful tarheels a bad name. I’m sure no one in your family has ever had a person problem, have they? Right.
December 16, 2008 11:16 AM [/QUOTE]

or

Who needs free advertising when your Numero Uno in the Country. [URL=http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2008/12/tickets-still-remain-for-hansbroughs_16.html?showComment=1229440680001#c5442100355893455930] December 16, 2008 10:18 AM[/URL]
My parents had the Observer for years and in the past couple years canceled it and resubscribed several times. My dad likes to read the paper but always gets mad reading it and then will eventually decide to cancel it :lmao:

He’s been going observer-free for a good 3-4 months now

I think the Observer was costing me almost $169 a yr :lmao:

wtf have I been smoking? They don’t cover my school and bash my political beliefs.

fixed

Wow, this is absolutely crazy...

And you guys are right, Mike will come in, say he doesn’t have control, then tell us if we were in the same situation blah blah blah. Yeah I think we scream big brother big brother too much generally, but the Observer really is out of control. What a ****ing joke. I really would be interested to see what would happen if a sports editor focused on the local teams for say… 1 year… I guarantee there would be big changes in public perception.

I just don’t get the Big Brother opinions. I complain about Duke too. I’ve said it before, if Campbell was getting the most coverage in the Observer, then I would complain about Campbell. It really has little to do that we’re both in the UNC system for me.

My general disdain for the way we act has nothing to do with coverage in the Observer. My general disdain is that we complain “UNC is a system,” Tar Heels this, Tar Heels that. Chapel Hill blah blah. I feel like if we would worry less about what UNCCH is doing all the time, and what acronym people are using for them (which is NEVER going to change) then we would do well to actually better ourselves. I hate the coverage that they get in the Observer compared to Charlotte and I agree that would go for any other team. My thing about big brother is people always talking about walmart tarheel fans and complaining about UNC over and over… those things will not change and we sound like a nagging little brother when we complain about them.

This on the other hand… complete ridiculousness.

I’m sure Mike will chime in any minute now to clear this whole thing up.

Any minute now…

My general disdain for the way we act has nothing to do with coverage in the Observer. My general disdain is that we complain "UNC is a system," Tar Heels this, Tar Heels that. Chapel Hill blah blah. I feel like if we would worry less about what UNCCH is doing all the time, and what acronym people are using for them (which is NEVER going to change) then we would do well to actually better ourselves. I hate the coverage that they get in the Observer compared to Charlotte and I agree that would go for any other team. My thing about big brother is people always talking about walmart tarheel fans and complaining about UNC over and over... those things will not change and we sound like a nagging little brother when we complain about them.

This on the other hand… complete ridiculousness.

I get what you’re saying. But the same could be applied to the other situations too. If Wal Mart mostly sold Campbell merchandise then I would say Wal Mart Camel fans. If we were misidentified on-line and print with Campbell, instead of UNC-CH, then I would complain about that too.

I also absolutely hate that we are misidentified, but the fact is we need to remove UNC from our name, because we are not going to change a 200+ year old institutions identity.

I also absolutely hate that we are misidentified, but the fact is we need to remove UNC from our name, because we are not going to change a 200+ year old institutions identity.

Agreed. I just hope we can annoy UNC-CH enough by calling them UNC-CH, that they’ll want us to change our name.

They might as well try to sell tickets for UNC-CH. They surely can’t sell that rag they call a newspaper.