New Observer Low?

So do the Heels get a discounted rates on ads in the Observer vs. what the Niners pay?

So do the Heels get a discounted rates on ads in the Observer vs. what the Niners pay?

Why pay when you get the free promotion regardless?

Guys, I am not an Observer fan on several fronts, but Hansbrough is a legitimate NCAA POTY. The guy is a really talented player, and deserves some media attention. I’d like to see more attention to the 49ers, but I don’t blame them for featuring TH or the #1 ranked team in the country, which happens to have tons of alumni in their distribution area.

Guys, I am not an Observer fan on several fronts, but Hansbrough is a legitimate NCAA POTY. The guy is a really talented player, and deserves some media attention. I'd like to see more attention to the 49ers, but I don't blame them for featuring TH or the #1 ranked team in the country, which happens to have tons of alumni in their distribution area.

I agree, but there is a difference between media attention and FREE MARKETING ADS.

[QUOTE=77grad;371164]Guys, I am not an Observer fan on several fronts, but Hansbrough is a legitimate NCAA POTY. The guy is a really talented player, and deserves some media attention. I’d like to see more attention to the 49ers, but I don’t blame them for featuring TH or the #1 ranked team in the country, which happens to have tons of alumni in their distribution area.[/QUOTE]

When did they start covering the 49ers?

I would shut up and eat a lot of crow if the Observer would provide coverage of the 49ers.

Coverage is not men’s basketball game stories with boxscores and an occasional “bone” tossed the school’s way when they can find nothing else to write about.

Coverage is providing depth and substance, such as how they cover UNC-CH and ACC sports.

I know, I know, the leadership at the Observer says they have to focus on what sells papers. All I know, at this time, is their stock continues to fall and, in my 40+ years, they have never COVERED the 49ers.

Will covering the 49ers solve all their problems ? I’m not saying that.

I am saying they are losing money and have an unexplored CHARLOTTE angle to appeal to the community.

You mean the same city where that bowl game will be played?

Was there one for the ECU vs VT game in Charlotte?

8 ACC photos, no 49er pics

*metro pats self on back for canelling supscription

Don’t forget, 2 Davidson photos too.