New Observer Low?

[QUOTE=metro;370438]My Observer has been cancelled for 2 wks now. I must admit in the mornings [B]I have withdraws[/B]. I read the paper every day. Guess I gotta call the RH Herald.[/QUOTE]

Smoke something else Metro, you may like it. May I suggest the Greenville News (Since I commute, I could bring you back a stack from the Tigers’ country).:shades:

The comments in those blogs are really funny

Damn I missed the whole thing, the link doesn’t work any more.

Damn I missed the whole thing, the link doesn't work any more.

Same here, does anyone have a working link??

No working link…but here was the text…

[B]Tuesday, December 16, 2008[/B]

Tickets still remain for Hansbrough’s record-breaker

As of 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, tickets still were available for North Carolina’s Thursday night game against Evansville, when forward Tyler Hansbrough is expected to break Phil Ford’s school record for scoring, which has stood for three decades.

Hansbrough needs only nine points to break the mark. Ford, now a Charlotte Bobcats assistant coach, will be in attendance.

To buy tickets, go to [COLOR=#5588aa]tarheelblue.com [/COLOR].

— Robbi Pickeral

Pretty easy to find on the news and observer page.

[URL]http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/tickets-remain-for-tylers-record-breaker[/URL]

third “blog” down.

[QUOTE=casstommy;370522]No working link…but here was the text…[/QUOTE]

The text is just what Cass said.

However, it was, as Mike said

[QUOTE]You’re right on the ticket thing for Chapel Hill. That blog was picked up by the online producers[/QUOTE]

and appeared on charlotte.com

Fortunately, Mike did the right thing and got rid of it.

Just noticed the “How will Tyler score the record point” blog entry on Charlotte.com? Mr. Persinger, I have a request. Since charlotte.com is suddenly into providing totally useless information.

How about a blog entry on which North Carolina sports venue has the best toilet paper?

I understand, Mike, that sports are a form of entertainment. But can’t you please provide something that makes a sports fan think and use their brain for something other than mindless drivel. We already have WFNZ, here in Charlotte, for stupid sports dialogue.

PLEASE RISE ABOVE THE WFNZ LISTENERS DEMOGRAPHIC.

You could rise above them and maybe increase your bottom line if your product provided something that appeals to readers with a college education.

Please stop targeting the “teenager” and “mobile home” demographics. I know people outside of North Carolina who read your site and think that Charlotte sports fans are a bunch of dumb ACC-lovin yutzs.

The comments are much more entertaining than the article itself.

"NEED MORE INFO. I NEED MORE CONTENT. WHAT IS HANSBROUGH DOING RIGHT NOW? HOW DID HE HAVE HIS GRITS? DID HE HAVE A NORMAL BOWEL MOVEMENT? WHICH SHOE DID HE PUT ON FIRST?

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE HELP ME GET MORE HANSBROUGH!!!11111oneoneone"

:lmao:

The comments on the “record point” blog are hilarious.

I NEED MY INFO!!!

[QUOTE=77grad;370534]The comments are much more entertaining than the article itself.[/QUOTE]

Mission accomplished.

Dude, that blog is a joke, in general, look at this great journalism…

[URL=http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2008/12/frasors-dad-debunks-rumor.html]Frasor’s Dad Debunks Rumor[/URL]

Yeah, me too. One of those Anons is mine

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;370485]Your hatred is showing, and it has overwhelmed your reason.[/QUOTE]What hatred? Don’t flatter yourself. I also distinctly remember you telling us it is not the Observer’s responsibility to provide ticket information. I believe more than once too.

What was the reason for Mike P taking it down?

[QUOTE=Hooner49;370610]What was the reason for Mike P taking it down?[/QUOTE]

You better take it back before you become a broken record and an uncool kid. Mike will quit hanging out with you just because of such “silly” question.:shades:

if you haven’t gotten enough hansbro, the Observer has come along to save you once again.

A year in review of sports photos, 35% of which feature tyler.

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/420532.html[/URL]

joking aside, the lovefest is almost to a level of homosexuality with Tyler from the Observer sports staff (no pun intended)

Robbi-with-an-I is a girl?

Cause if not…

:eek:

As it is, (s)he’s already got Tyler tonsil deep.

if you haven't gotten enough hansbro, the Observer has come along to save you once again.

A year in review of sports photos, 35% of which feature tyler.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/420532.html

joking aside, the lovefest is almost to a level of homosexuality with Tyler from the Observer sports staff (no pun intended)

8 ACC photos, no 49er pics

*metro pats self on back for canelling supscription