New Podcasts: "Hwy49" and "Inside the Mine"🎙️

Good listen this week.

It sounds like our ?s will be:

1. OL depth / starters with Emmanuel’s departure, though there are potential answers at each position. I think LT sounds the most challenged.

2. Interior DL. We lost a potential starter to ACL injury. Holley and Jackson will be our likely starters but it doesn’t sound like we have much depth there.

3. DBs, especially corners. Hunter doesn’t sound convinced who will start at the corner opposite Creamer. Howard? One of the young guys?

At the safety positions, it sounds like we have solid depth, to the point where Hunter is trying to figure out how Tank Robinson gets on the field most downs. He is high on Wayne Jones (KSU transfer).

Strengths are predictable:

QB - He says Chris is really dialed in and looking good. says he realizes they were pressing to score TDs last year because of defensive weakness which led to too many TOs in red zone. Solid competition between Foster and Williams for #2, but Reynolds is clear cut starter.

WR - Tucker, DuBose, Spencer… This group is super talented. Hunter thinks DuBose is the most NFL ready player on the team.

RB - Also deep. Camp, Boyd, McCeachern, Rutledge… Deep deep room.

TE - we have two very talented TEs which should allow us to run double sets, which could be interesting. Always fun to mess with that in short yardage / goal line situations.

Hunter feels like the offense has talent at all the skill positions, and should be able to challenge defenses at all levels which should help open things up. We should be able to spread defenses out and make them cover the entire field.

Also sounds like Watts and Saddiq have the DE starts locked up with Clawson and Wardlow as depth.

LB sounds like a decent group - not sure if it’s a strength yet, but shouldn’t be a weakness.

Sounds like 38-35 games. Should be fun to watch

clt says we are going to score points.

One other thing - Healey told him this is the toughest schedule we have ever played. We have talent to score, but it’s gonna be tested. Our only “easy” (my word not his) game against Healy’s old HC, so that’ll be stressful for Will, too…

1 Like

I was surprised to hear that Gist will likely be at center and that it is his most comfortable position. I expect the A&T transfer (Wilson) played center and was second team all-conference in the Big South.
I expect him to see some time along the line somewhere. Maybe once he gets acclimated to the system he plays and center and Gist moves back to guard bumping Jacobs to second team.

The absence of Howard at summer workouts sounds a little troubling considering we are installing a new system and the fact that it was an area of concern last year. Assuming there is nothing more to the story he will start the fall a little behind the other guys.

Gotta listen to this one. I’m waiting for the moment where he confesses that he likes pineapple on his pizza.

1 Like

Listen to this. Not sure the answer is satisfying, but it’s a good listen.

Listen around the 57-58 minute mark.

What question are you referring to?

Why Calvin played so little this year.

Does not present a good view of Healy and his staff. Good to hear Camps views.

This is strange. I’m sure we’re only hearing his side but it’s weird.

Bad communication all around. It sounded like Healy and Camp had a lot of one-on-one meetings but didn’t make a difference. I tried to keep in mind that we’re only hearing one side.

Not sure if this helps Camp at all. However, based on his comments in the podcast, this was something he felt he needed to do. Can’t fault him for that.

Good Luck to him at his Pro Day! Hope he kills it and gets an opportunity to continue to play.

5 Likes

I go back and forth after listening to this one. Obviously it was one side of the story but his play speaks for itself when he did get in this year.

I thought it was interesting he mentioned that some of the team was debating transferring after a disappointing 2021 season that they felt like they should have won the first bowl game. Signs that the team headed into 2022 questioning Healy’s ability as a coach.

3 Likes

I was surprised to learn that he was suspended for a week. Reminds me of Jon Alexander getting suspend for 3-4 games for speaking his mind.

2 Likes

I finally listened to the interview and I believe most of what Camp said because I saw the results on the field. Just reinforces how out of touch the 2022 staff was with reality. Wish him the best and hope he gets a shot to play somewhere in the future.

2 Likes

I have not listened to it.

But if Healy was not playing a talented player that could help us win because of beef then he was out of touch.

His job was to win. Period. Swallow your pride or whatever the hell it was and get your best players on the field.

Another new podcast. Give it a try.

3 Likes