New Podcasts: "Hwy49" and "Inside the Mine"🎙️

2 Likes
2 Likes

Check out the Reynolds interview.

clt says having two 49er podcasts is fetch

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

Definitely worth a listen.

Google :

The Hwy 49 podcast is improved with three co-hosts. The new guy from Florida covering the Niners is very insightful. I appreciate all the work Hunter does for Charlotte sports but I don’t get some of his takes. One of his first questions for Biff was “are you guys going to play at Bank of America stadium?” Biff said he didn’t care where we played but home field advantage was important. I personally hope we never play at Bank of America stadium unless it is in a bowl game. We have an excellent game day atmosphere on campus if we can get more fans in the stands and expand the stadium.

3 Likes

I think Hunter is a good ringleader. Jeremy is more technical. Hannah is more of a fresh insight and keeps the show lighter. It’s a classic 3 way hosting setup and I think Hunter was very smart to do it. I enjoy each of the hosts for what they are bringing to the table.

As far as disagreeing with opinions? That’s why we listen.

I did like how Biff redirected that question.

I will comment further on what Poggi said which I liked:

You build a program by attracting and bringing in really good players and then you find highly qualified people to coach them up. The rest of it, the hype, the buzz, the packed stadiums, will take care of itself.

Basically he is trying to build this thing the opposite way of Healy who, IMHO, was trying to build the program with hype first and hoping the rest would fall in line.

I tend to believe more in the former approach rather than the latter.

2 Likes

Winning solves everything. What follows is organic, real, natural and not contrived hype. The hype and feeling that come with winning is like sex without a condom.

1 Like

I like Hunter’s new co-host format.

We are expanding our podcast network to now cover both bat and ball sports on campus. Looking forward to bringing everyone more baseball and softball content this year.

6 Likes