NFL Playoffs

How was the first half officiating abysmal? The first penalty was a good call. If Whitner would have drilled Smith in that same situation all Panther fans would have been looking for that flag.

The next penalty was Luke (Really Blackburn) for holding Boldin. Clear as day on the replay.

Captain penalty? That was weak.

Next penalty, PI in the end zone. Again, you don’t turn your head…you get PI called 9/10 times.

–Those are the penalties in the first half. That is not abysmal. One bad call. The headbutt. Which happened after a first down run making in 2nd and 6. It wasn’t like it was 3rd and 10 and that was called.

clt says congrats to the nfl. They get the matchup they wanted.

Panthers fans have gripe for officiating…if the game had finished at halftime. That second half had solid officiating, and the Panthers got flat out beat. No other way around it.

clt says the points from the first half carry over.

Couldn’t score from the yard line on two separate drives.

Gave up too many points due to bull shit penalties.

Could have easily been 21-3 at half time if those things went differently.

Good season. I just hope we get more talent on offense and find a way to keep Greg Hardy.

Those DWill and Stewart contracts are gonna fuck us hard though when it comes to trying to sign guys this offseason. Fuck Hurney for those contracts.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:21, topic:28503”]How was the first half officiating abysmal? The first penalty was a good call. If Whitner would have drilled Smith in that same situation all Panther fans would have been looking for that flag.

The next penalty was Luke (Really Blackburn) for holding Boldin. Clear as day on the replay.

Next penalty, PI in the end zone. Again, you don’t turn your head…you get PI called 9/10 times.

–Those are the penalties in the first half. That is not abysmal. One bad call. The headbutt. Which happened after a first down run making in 2nd and 6. It wasn’t like it was 3rd and 10 and that was called.[/quote]

The first call was dog s***… That’s football.

The captain penalty I’m fine with, but call the same thing on Boldin. The didn’t

That last drive before half was crap. Had 12 men in the huddle, not called… The pi was weak, the line judge waited 5 seconds to make the call. It was a horribly thrown ball.

But that was all inconsequential based on the 2nd half domination…
SF fans are still twats

That says all I need to know.

That says all I need to know.[/quote]

Between being in San Fran for 4 Sundays worth of games this year and the those in the visitors section today I’ve seen enough 9er fans I’d say if you were a cool 49ers fan, you are the exception to the rule.

That says all I need to know.[/quote]

Between being in San Fran for 4 Sundays worth of games this year and the those in the visitors section today I’ve seen enough 9er fans I’d say if you were a cool 49ers fan, you are the exception to the rule.[/quote]

I am the exception. We can talk about poops tomorrow.

49er fans are the worst.

All of them.

Cowboys fans are an ingrown hair on the asshole of society.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:21, topic:28503”]How was the first half officiating abysmal? The first penalty was a good call. If Whitner would have drilled Smith in that same situation all Panther fans would have been looking for that flag.

–Those are the penalties in the first half. That is not abysmal. One bad call. The headbutt. Which happened after a first down run making in 2nd and 6. It wasn’t like it was 3rd and 10 and that was called.[/quote]
Hahaha…the late hit call on Mitchell was HORRIBLE and thats not my word, but Troy Aikmans—to which Joe Buck agreed. The ball was tipped and had not even hit the ground yet (3 feet from the receiver’s feet) when Mitchell made a legal hit on the receiver. The head butt on Captain was VERY weak especially compared to Boldin’s later on that was not called. How about the 12 men in the huddle? No impact with less than 10 seconds on the clock? Yeah, right.

Some of the play calls in the red zone were beyond me. SF was obviously playing the run everytime, why not try a bootleg at some point?

I don’t like Shula. The first half was really a bummer because the Panthers outplayed SF, but died at the goal line, turning 14 into 3 is awful… The 2nd was a pimp slapping.

Bring back Chud.

Exactly…play action…duh, Shula

I’ll pass but I’ll take Norv Turner.

Terrible sports weekend, but as much as I love the Panthers, we simply do not have the weapons to make a deep run in the playoffs right now. Look at all the remaining teams, and its easy to see that Carolina doesn’t come close to having the big time playmakers that teams like Seattle, San Fran, Denver, and New England have. All of those teams were built over several seasons, and I feel that we are just getting started on what could be a great run. Cam Newton can be great, but very few QBs (ex. Brees, Brady, Manning) are good enough to carry a team where the best receiver is five years past his prime. The 96, 03, 05, and 08 Panthers were all better than this team, but I truly believe this one has the most potential for long term success. Gettleman did magic during the last off-season to put together a competitive team, and I expect us to continue moving in the right direction. This is an exciting time to be a Panther’s fan.

I heard the SB was cancelled. :’(