NFL Playoffs

I didn’t see that aforementioned play, but you can have 12 men in the huddle, it’s just not supposed to be for longer than 5 seconds and essentially a swap of players.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:41, topic:28503”]I didn’t see that aforementioned play, but you can have 12 men in the huddle, it’s just not supposed to be for longer than 5 seconds and essentially a swap of players.[/quote]Mike Periera, or whatever his name is said it was a violation, zebra was 10 feet from the huddle.

This, and it was bad enough that they showed the replay of it just before the 2nd half kickoff even though it had occurred late 2nd quarter. No way the ref couldn’t have seen it either. He was literally looking right at the huddle and the guy came out of it and almost ran into the ref, and no one came in to replace him. Shouldn’t the ref have “noticed” that?

Just to reiterate the officiating concerns. 1. The late hit was garbage. 2. The headbutt was questionable, the face masks were already touching and he pushed with his head. If you call that then you have to call the actual headbutt that came on the final drive of the 1st half. 3. 12 men in the huddle on the final drive of the 1st half.

That is 2 calls that were missed on the 49ers last drive of the 1st half. If called the score at halftime is 10-9 or maybe even 10-6. Instead, Panthers go into halftime down three.

Doesn’t matter though. If our defense can’t cause a single turnover the entire game and our offense can’t score a single point in the second half, we shouldn’t win the game anyway.

This, and it was bad enough that they showed the replay of it just before the 2nd half kickoff even though it had occurred late 2nd quarter. No way the ref couldn’t have seen it either. He was literally looking right at the huddle and the guy came out of it and almost ran into the ref, and no one came in to replace him. Shouldn’t the ref have “noticed” that?[/quote]

He did notice it. If you would do anything more than complain you could see he was asked about and he gave his explanation. His explanation sucked and was wrong, but he admitted that he saw the play and said he had not given the whistle to start the play. Replay shows he did blow his whistle and move his arm down. Hard to take you guys seriously when you just mouth off. Simple research.

This, and it was bad enough that they showed the replay of it just before the 2nd half kickoff even though it had occurred late 2nd quarter. No way the ref couldn’t have seen it either. He was literally looking right at the huddle and the guy came out of it and almost ran into the ref, and no one came in to replace him. Shouldn’t the ref have “noticed” that?[/quote]

He did notice it. If you would do anything more than complain you could see he was asked about and he gave his explanation. His explanation sucked and was wrong, but he admitted that he saw the play and said he had not given the whistle to start the play. Replay shows he did blow his whistle and move his arm down. Hard to take you guys seriously when you just mouth off. Simple research.[/quote]

Are you trying to make a point? If so, I’m not sure what it is.

Don’t worry, he’ll change the point he’s trying to make in a second.

The bitching gets old when you are talking about something that has been addressed already. “Shouldn’t the ref have “noticed” that?” Yes…welcome to 24 hours ago.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:48, topic:28503”]The bitching gets old when you are talking about something that has been addressed already. “Shouldn’t the ref have “noticed” that?” Yes…welcome to 24 hours ago.[/quote]Sorry we were not in the discussion with you, but thanks for being an ass about it here.

That’s fine. Just simply stating that 12 isn’t automatically a violation. I’d hate to see how some would be on here if Carolina actually showed up for the second half.

The penalties hurt, but not being able to punch it in from the 1 yard line twice is what really killed us.

Score TD’s on both of those and the game changes completely for Carolina. Not saying we would have won, but we would have been in a much better position in the second half than we were.

[quote=“Niner National, post:51, topic:28503”]The penalties hurt, but not being able to punch it in from the 1 yard line twice is what really killed us.

Score TD’s on both of those and the game changes completely for Carolina. Not saying we would have won, but we would have been in a much better position in the second half than we were.[/quote]

F***ing, THIS! THIS! THIS!

12 in the huddle no call was correct call

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/13/4608848/nfl-12-in-the-huddle-no-call-against.html

tolbert up middle. cam up the middle. how many times?
anything outside?
com’on!
put me in, coach!

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/13/4608848/nfl-12-in-the-huddle-no-call-against.html[/quote]

Yeah, cause Mike Perreira (and Troy and Joe Buck) doesn’t know what he is talking about. The league almost always come out a day or 2 later and CLAIM the right call(s) was made. And from ESPN.com story on Monday:
"Television replays showed the 49ers had 12 men in the huddle with backup tight end Vance McDonald racing to the sidelines before the ball was snapped. Referee Carl Cheffers defended the call telling a pool reporter the ball hadn’t been spotted – although Fox television replays seem to indicate otherwise."

Seems like several different stories going on to me.

[quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/13/4608848/nfl-12-in-the-huddle-no-call-against.html[/quote]

Yeah, cause Mike Perreira (and Troy and Joe Buck) doesn’t know what he is talking about. The league almost always come out a day or 2 later and CLAIM the right call(s) was made.[/quote]

Had it been called the NFL would have said the correct call was made… That’s what they do.

Here no there, the Panthers laid down in the 2nd half, that’s the problem.

[quote=“s9er, post:56, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

Yeah, cause Mike Perreira (and Troy and Joe Buck) doesn’t know what he is talking about. The league almost always come out a day or 2 later and CLAIM the right call(s) was made.[/quote]

Had it been called the NFL would have said the correct call was made… That’s what they do.

Here no there, the Panthers laid down in the 2nd half, that’s the problem.[/quote]
No doubt, Carolina still had chances but the point is the refs assisted in several of SF’s 1st half points which certainly made a difference in Carolina’s 2nd half strategies (or lack thereof).

2 days later, I’m still upset with the goal line play calling.

[quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

3 guys working for Fox or the head of officials… And never come out and say wrong? Kind of like Green Ellis fumble, replacement refs, colts fumble, Dwill TD run against redskins last year, timing in last years niners rams game, and that is just off top of my head. Good call 919.

[quote=“919R, post:57, topic:28503”][quote=“s9er, post:56, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

Here no there, the Panthers laid down in the 2nd half, that’s the problem.[/quote]
No doubt, Carolina still had chances but the point is the refs assisted in several of SF’s 1st half points which certainly made a difference in Carolina’s 2nd half strategies (or lack thereof).[/quote]

If those 2 goal line stands by SF result in 10 points, let alone 14 I think the game is completely different (Captain Obvious in the house). Looking at the score, you’d think the Niners out played us the in the 1st half, they didn’t. They executed better when it counted. I’m a big user of the phrase “if your aunt had a penis she’d be your uncle”, so I try not to worry too much about the calls… Several were bad, but San Fran executed better when it counted.

I can’t be mad about a 12-4 season with a loss to a good team in the playoffs… I will only be mad if they don’t build off this.