NFL Playoffs

Pretty sure Joe Buck should stick to baseball, and Troy Aikman probably can’t even remember his middle name half the time. Perrieria is known to be a glory hog, main reason he works on TV. The rule was clearly stated that a huddle can have 12 players for 5 seconds of play clock, not just 5 seconds. Now did the ref start the play clock late, maybe, argue that, but the Niners didn’t do anything wrong. Also, it’s all a moot point. The Panther’s laid down in the second half.

Buck and Aikman are BY FAR the best crew in all of the NFL. You’re trying to argue something different here anyway. I have already posted above the Panthers still had chances, but anyone who thinks bad calls can’t change the momentum of a game and thus, potentially the outcome is just plain wrong.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:59, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/13/4608848/nfl-12-in-the-huddle-no-call-against.html[/quote]

Yeah, cause Mike Perreira (and Troy and Joe Buck) doesn’t know what he is talking about. The league almost always come out a day or 2 later and CLAIM the right call(s) was made.[/quote]

3 guys working for Fox or the head of officials… And never come out and say wrong? Kind of like Green Ellis fumble, replacement refs, colts fumble, Dwill TD run against redskins last year, timing in last years niners rams game, and that is just off top of my head. Good call 919.[/quote]
Yeah, again Perreira (the former head of officials I believe) knows nothing. Also, if the point was (as you say and the league says now) why did the head official have a different excuse immediately after the game for not throwing the flag? Good call 1417.

Buck and Aikman are BY FAR the best crew in all of the NFL. You’re trying to argue something different here anyway. I have already posted above the Panthers still had chances, but anyone who thinks bad calls can’t change the momentum of a game and thus, potentially the outcome is just plain wrong.[/quote]

Calling a game doesn’t make you God’s gift to football officiating. Buck is a baseball guy. He should stay there. I’m not a fan of him calling football, there are a number better. Daddy got him his gig.

Aikman has had more concussions and gets tongue tied trying to differentiate between there, their, and they’re in his speech from all this head trauma.

Bad calls can change momentum, but this isn’t a call like a blatant hold, or pass interference. You really think the Panther’s were that down about that at the half. Fact is, they had the same 20 mins to come back out and produce and they didn’t. You can cry witches titty all you want about that one play, but your guys didn’t answer the bell when it mattered.

And cry about a play like that. My team was robbed of a super bowl last year b/c the Ravens were allowed to bear hug on the final play. An actual game changer, not some potential 5 yarder with 2 mins in the first half.

Buck and Aikman are BY FAR the best crew in all of the NFL. You’re trying to argue something different here anyway. I have already posted above the Panthers still had chances, but anyone who thinks bad calls can’t change the momentum of a game and thus, potentially the outcome is just plain wrong.[/quote]

Calling a game doesn’t make you God’s gift to football officiating. Buck is a baseball guy. He should stay there. I’m not a fan of him calling football, there are a number better. Daddy got him his gig.

Aikman has had more concussions and gets tongue tied trying to differentiate between there, their, and they’re in his speech from all this head trauma.

Bad calls can change momentum, but this isn’t a call like a blatant hold, or pass interference. You really think the Panther’s were that down about that at the half. Fact is, they had the same 20 mins to come back out and produce and they didn’t. You can cry witches titty all you want about that one play, but your guys didn’t answer the bell when it mattered.

And cry about a play like that. My team was robbed of a super bowl last year b/c the Ravens were allowed to bear hug on the final play. An actual game changer, not some potential 5 yarder with 2 mins in the first half.[/quote]
OK man, whatever. You clearly have all the answers.

[quote=“s9er, post:60, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:57, topic:28503”][quote=“s9er, post:56, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/13/4608848/nfl-12-in-the-huddle-no-call-against.html[/quote]

Yeah, cause Mike Perreira (and Troy and Joe Buck) doesn’t know what he is talking about. The league almost always come out a day or 2 later and CLAIM the right call(s) was made.[/quote]

Had it been called the NFL would have said the correct call was made… That’s what they do.

Here no there, the Panthers laid down in the 2nd half, that’s the problem.[/quote]
No doubt, Carolina still had chances but the point is the refs assisted in several of SF’s 1st half points which certainly made a difference in Carolina’s 2nd half strategies (or lack thereof).[/quote]

If those 2 goal line stands by SF result in 10 points, let alone 14 I think the game is completely different (Captain Obvious in the house). Looking at the score, you’d think the Niners out played us the in the 1st half, they didn’t. They executed better when it counted. I’m a big user of the phrase “if your aunt had a penis she’d be your uncle”, so I try not to worry too much about the calls… Several were bad, but San Fran executed better when it counted.

I can’t be mad about a 12-4 season with a loss to a good team in the playoffs… I will only be mad if they don’t build off this.[/quote]

maybe. The touchdown pass was a directly correlated with the crappy field position SF has following the Cam dive up the middle. The bad field position, begat the 3 and out, which begat the bad punt, which begat the Ginn punt return.

[quote=“Tintin, post:66, topic:28503”][quote=“s9er, post:60, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:57, topic:28503”][quote=“s9er, post:56, topic:28503”][quote=“919R, post:55, topic:28503”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:53, topic:28503”]12 in the huddle no call was correct call

Had it been called the NFL would have said the correct call was made… That’s what they do.

Here no there, the Panthers laid down in the 2nd half, that’s the problem.[/quote]
No doubt, Carolina still had chances but the point is the refs assisted in several of SF’s 1st half points which certainly made a difference in Carolina’s 2nd half strategies (or lack thereof).[/quote]

If those 2 goal line stands by SF result in 10 points, let alone 14 I think the game is completely different (Captain Obvious in the house). Looking at the score, you’d think the Niners out played us the in the 1st half, they didn’t. They executed better when it counted. I’m a big user of the phrase “if your aunt had a penis she’d be your uncle”, so I try not to worry too much about the calls… Several were bad, but San Fran executed better when it counted.

I can’t be mad about a 12-4 season with a loss to a good team in the playoffs… I will only be mad if they don’t build off this.[/quote]

maybe. The touchdown pass was a directly correlated with the crappy field position SF has following the Cam dive up the middle. The bad field position, begat the 3 and out, which begat the bad punt, which begat the Ginn punt return.[/quote]

True, but they had no problem moving the ball early on… 1st drive was great till the tip pick, 2nd drive was smooth but left the points at the goal line… the momentum was blunted.

Y’all see this shit from the pre-game show?

Here’s another no call. Pretty sure having half the coaching staff on the playing field during a play is a penalty.

Thought Harbaugh on the field did draw a flag and assessed on the kick off after the touch down and extra point.

After first goal line stand by SF we still picked up the 7 after the punt when we held them which I am sure Riviera was calculating when he went for it and it worked out okay. Second goal line possession…forget JUMBO package…spread them out if you are going up the middle or off tackle. Of course Wharton stopped Tolbert on 3rd down play anyways. Tolbert was in besides that.

Touchdown right before the half just sucked the life out of the stadium going into halftime. It carried over to first possession of second half. Momentum is key with a young team with no play off experience.

12 men in the huddle should have been called but I was more upset with the PI call right before the half. Had to be one of the latest flags I have seen in a long while. A call like that has to be immediately made. It is either PI or not. Same back official also made every big call in 1st half. Riviera talked to him for whole TV TO after second drive.

Definitely got punched in the mouth in the second half with no response.

On a final note the 49er fans were a much larger contingent than I thought but man were they rough and thuggish. Philly is only group of fans I have seen in BOA that were worse from my perspective. All the way to the car we were being called out. Saw one guy on top of his truck with microphone talking sh!t till a hour after end of game. Funny at first but then it just wore thin.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/05/21/4924447/nfl-headed-for-expanded-playoffs.html#.U33RBpDD_MI

Hate it.

Shocker here, heard yesterday Jerry Jones is a big advocate of expanded playoffs.