Ngoundjo transferring

We have at best 1 SG on our team next year: Bowden. If we have to depend on any of the others, we'll enjoy another season like this year... maybe worse.
Depend, yes. Use as backup for a few minutes, we're good.

good luck to gaby. i always liked him. i hate things did not work out.

Sherrill is already a better offensive player than Gaby. He will have to adjust to the size difference in college, but Iā€™m sure heā€™s played against bigger players in AAU even though he did not see too many in his high school games. Defensively is where Gaby was going to help us in the long run, but his PT would drop next season had he stayed. I donā€™t blame him or question his decision. He has the talent to help a smaller D1 program where 6ā€™7" and his long reach will go a long ways. I wish him well.

I just assumed he was happy to be here, being a role player, playing some minutes when guys were in foul trouble. I wish him the best!

Maybe it changes the Terrell Vinson possibilities. Not a true big guy at 6ā€™7". But with his ranking it would be hard to turn him away if he is interested.

I wish Gaby the best too.

1. Good luck Gaby! Best of luck wherever you end up.

2. Can we please have one year without someone transferring? I wasnā€™t expecting big things from Gaby next year, but it just looks bad to have players transferring out every single year. Was this poor recruiting? Was Bobby expecting more from Gaby than he got? Or did Gaby not understand coming in that he would be a role player with limited minutes? Did Lutz ā€œencourageā€ Gaby to find another school where he would get more minutes and free up a scholarship for us? I have no idea what happened, but Iā€™m just a little tired of seeing players constantly wanting to leave our program.

1) Good luck Gaby! Best of luck wherever you end up.
  1. Can we please have one year without someone transferring? I wasnā€™t expecting big things from Gaby next year, but it just looks bad to have players transferring out every single year. Was this poor recruiting? Was Bobby expecting more from Gaby than he got? Or did Gaby not understand coming in that he would be a role player with limited minutes? Did Lutz ā€œencourageā€ Gaby to find another school where he would get more minutes and free up a scholarship for us? I have no idea what happened, but Iā€™m just a little tired of seeing players constantly wanting to leave our program.

My guess is that from the pressure that heā€™s getting from the fan base, a scholarship may not get renewed if we can get a better player. Hereā€™s to hoping we can get a better player. Based only on recruiting services rankings, I would rather have 6ā€™7" Vinson than 6ā€™7" Gaby.

Where's he going?

My guess is back to Arkansas at Arkansas Little Rock, or a MVC team.

Are you serious?

We have NO ONEā€¦I repeat NO ONE that can play the role of legit Div. 1 SG on our team right now. We may have 4 bodies that can FILL that position on the court based on heightā€¦but not by scoring/shooting ability. We need a go-to SG just as badly as we need another PG (if not worse).

You havenā€™t saw Bowden play a minute, but you make this presumption.

You haven't seen Bowden play a minute.

Have you?
-fixed btw

[QUOTE=Normmm;393445]My guess is that from the pressure that heā€™s getting from the fan base, a scholarship may not get renewed if we can get a better player. Hereā€™s to hoping we can get a better player. Based only on recruiting services rankings, I would rather have 6ā€™7" Vinson than 6ā€™7" Gaby.[/QUOTE]

Pressure from the fan base? I havenā€™t seen anyone on here calling for Goonj to transfer. I would love to have a better player, but I donā€™t want to see us (coaches or fans) pressuring kids to transfer if they donā€™t live up to expectations.

Pressure from the fan base? I haven't seen anyone on here calling for Goonj to transfer. I would love to have a better player, but I don't want to see us (coaches or fans) pressuring kids to transfer if they don't live up to expectations.

Sorry. Meant pressure on Lutz, and not Gaby. Thatā€™s what I mean about a scholarship may not get renewed if we can find a better player. Itā€™s pretty much now or never for Lutz.

Iā€™m disappointed. We knew Goonj was a project when we got him. It would have been really good for our program to have developed him. We have had a lot of raw big guys go through our revolving door over the years. If we canā€™t recognize or develop talent, we should just stick to jucos and transfers.
Barnette is another guy who came here with high praise as a player with a tremendous upside for the future. I hope he can realize that potential here.

Have you? -fixed btw

No, I didnā€™t make the trip to Canada, did you?

No, I didn't make the trip to Canada, did you?

Judging players on that trip isnā€™t a very good idea.

You haven't saw Bowden play a minute, but you make this presumption.

No.

But I was responding to the comment that we have depth at SG!!

We donā€™t know anything about Bowden yet at all.

Sorryā€¦but Bowden is a Question mark for now, Ian isā€¦well, Ian, Coleman is neither a shooter or a scorerā€¦AND THATā€™S IT!!

contemptor said we are set with depth at SGā€¦it looks like we have a couple of bodies and a question mark at best.

I sayā€¦SG is the weakest position on the team right now and we need another SG as bad as we need another PG.

2) Can we please have one year without someone transferring?
I don't mean to be mean, but I'll take the scholarship over having someone warm our bench for 39.5 minutes any day.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;393609]I sayā€¦SG is the weakest position on the team right now and we need another SG as bad as we need another PG.[/QUOTE]

We have depth, though the quality is in question, at SG, and no depth at all at PG. Theyā€™re both needs. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been behind the idea of a combo guard - a Demon Brown type would be just fine.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;393620]We have depth, though the quality is in question, at SG, and no depth at all at PG. Theyā€™re both needs. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been behind the idea of a combo guard - a Demon Brown type would be just fine.[/QUOTE]

If we had Demon Brown this year, weā€™d be in the tournament.

If we had Demon Brown this year, we'd be in the tournament.
Do you think he was better than Leemire?

Hard to perform better than Lee did last year, and he could only take the team to the NIT.