Niner Age Demography

22 Senior

I find itā€™s interesting that 85% of the response has come from those under 35 years old. The reason for me taking this poll is to see how young the collective fan base is. Obviously the idea of internet forum skews the data because the internet and the web based forum are rather recent inventions, however I also feel that the age turnout is altered by another factor:

49er Basketball is a young but growing program. Our fanbase grows larger and larger each year whereas other schools (like Chapel Hill) have as many alumni croak each year as they do graduate. Whereas most universities have rich tradition and therefore stagnant growth rates, Charlotte has only had a basketball tradition since maybe the 70ā€™s and on. Thatā€™s only 30 years. It will be interesting to see in 5 years or 10 years how active our students are on this board in comparison to alumni.

Just some observations.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;150787]
ā€¦Charlotte has only had a basketball tradition since maybe the 70ā€™s and on. Thatā€™s only 30 years.
[/QUOTE]

There is no ā€œmaybeā€ to it. We had good teams in the '73-'74 and '74-'75 seasons, but as you can tell by looking at our banners in Halton, the 75-76 season was our first post-season appearance.

We had only been playing Division 1 for a short time before then (I think since the late 60ā€™s). The horrendous stretch of bad seasons during the 80ā€™s did not help to build or sustain our fan base one bit. It was also difficult to follow the team back then if you lived out of town. There was no internet.

Something else to remember, not many of the OLD FART fans like HP check out the internet and message boards for Niner news. I know quite a few ā€œolderā€ fans, but they do not visit this board.

27, but feel older than that :frowning:

I believe our program started DI in 71-72, by the wayā€¦or something like that. I remember thinking it was crazy, but we had only been playing 6 or 7 years in DI before we got to the final 4. Crazy.

36-50

39, almost 40. Raising two future 49er Cheerleaders and a little hell along the way in Asheville, NC.

Iā€™m 37 and personally I donā€™t appreciate being lumped in with 40 and 50 year oldsā€¦

hootie i hope they win a national championship when they get here. Our niner cheerleaders are kick ass. They will be amazing cheerleaders.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;150800]hootie i hope they win a national championship when they get here. Our niner cheerleaders are kick ass. They will be amazing cheerleaders.[/QUOTE]

Stop sucking up, he wonā€™t let you sleep with themā€¦

hahahah not my intention but thanks for bringin that up. i just want to see the cheerleaders keep being one of the best in the nation.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;150798]Iā€™m 37 and personally I donā€™t appreciate being lumped in with 40 and 50 year oldsā€¦[/QUOTE]

You had better go ahead and get used to it.

over40 is one of the coolest guys on this board. it was a fun trip werchester last year. too bad we lost to state.

Im 21 year old fan from Perth, Australia. And iā€™ve got a big 49ers tatoo on my arm.
Go 49ers

31 and a halfā€¦and no plans of growing upā€¦

1. Iā€™ve already started on the multiplying part!

23 (grad school)

[QUOTE=the daxified one;150810]over40 is one of the coolest guys on this boardā€¦[/QUOTE]

I think I may have just found me a new quote to use for my signature.

:smile:

432 months old.