Niner Fans at Little John

the incredibly loud student sectionā€¦

That was a great crowd for us tonight...the best being the "OVERRATED" chant at the end
The overrated cheer is overrated. It sounds like you are saying the team you beat isn't very good.
The overrated cheer is overrated. It sounds like you are saying the team you beat isn't very good.

qft

[QUOTE=bball49er;282505]The overrated cheer is overrated. It sounds like you are saying the team you beat isnā€™t very good.[/QUOTE]
And they were simply that. Iā€™ll take a victory over any ā€œlocalā€ team any time.

We heard you loud and clear on the video/audio feed. Niner Nation chant and then the others. GREAT JOB!!!

I was there but wasnā€™t sitting with the other niner fans. The Clemson crowd was actually very loud when they would start to make a run. We responded with big shots every time and they quieted right down. Great showing by the team and the fans.

First off, great job last night Niner Nation! You could definitely be heard on the internet broadcast, which was actually the Clemson announcers. So the Clemson fans listening to the radio could hear you too!

But I agree with bball49er. I would shy away from the overrated chant. It kind of discredits your own accomplishment.

First off, great job last night Niner Nation! You could definitely be heard on the internet broadcast, which was actually the Clemson announcers. So the Clemson fans listening to the radio could hear you too!

But I agree with bball49er. I would shy away from the overrated chant. It kind of discredits your own accomplishment.

Second.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;282429]Seriously, their fans were WEAK. Anyone knowsā€¦in sportsā€¦if a small group of fans comes into your houseā€¦anytime they chant, youā€™ve got to drown them out. NOT ONCE did they even ATTEMPT to drown us out or start a counter chant to ours. It was pretty weak. Davidson fans are far betterā€¦in fact every team thatā€™s had fans at our place this year has been better. It was their house, and they didnā€™t defend itā€¦at all. At several points in the second half when they got close, it got LOUDā€¦very loudā€¦but they never continued it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they never stood up to counter our chants/cheers. Half the time, the student section would stop watching the game to look at us while we were cheering. But they just kept sitting there.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;282436]I will give their fans some credit. They were very polite, even after the game was over. Leaving the game, one of them told me we had a great program and great supportive fans. Another asked me if we didnā€™t go to the NCAA almost every year. Both were voicing admiration for our program.[/QUOTE]
Over40, were you sitting behind me? There was a guy at the end of my row with his kid that was conversing with some guys behiond me throughout the game that congratulated us afterwards. His 4 year old son told us at one point that ā€œif Charlotte wins tonight, we will win another timeā€. I thought that was cute to see a tiger fan starting so young.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;282438]I had an old lady in a Tigers sweater give me her Clemson mousepad even though I was clearly intending to decorate it to celebrate the victory. They seemed like nice people.[/QUOTE]
I brought back a cup for a trophy.

[QUOTE=Niner89;282445]As I got to the car a clemson fan came and congratulate and also told me ā€œWe may see you guys in the tournament?ā€. The two silly one were stealing our flag and the Niner eating fish.[/QUOTE]
BTW, that was SCKā€™s jersey! He leant it to themā€¦ :hammer:

I hate the overrated chant at home, but doing it at their place is cruel and I love it.

I hate the overrated chant at home, but doing it at their place is cruel and I love it.

Especially when it makes it to ESPN!!

okay okay, so the Clemson fans did seem to be pretty quiet, and most of them were polite and actually pretty friendly. But I MUST tell yall about this one old man we ran across leaving the game. So as weā€™re walking out the 70+ year old guy in an electric wheelchair rolls up just infuriated. He starts yelling at us, ā€œhey you boys come here, come here! Let me tell you something, I wanna tell you something. I have you know I have two degrees from your school, and I am plum ashamed of it! That school is a disgrace! How do yall come all the way down here and ā€œbuyā€ these refs. Yall come down here and pay the refs to make those bad calls!ā€ Well the three of us listening, loked left and looked rightā€¦and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH we started laughing so hard at the old man! We were about speechless, and in response finally we said, "oh we know where the bad call were tonight, and those were some typically ACC refs if weā€™ve ever seen them! The bad thing about the situation was, that two of us were thinking at the same timeā€¦ā€œwould it be wrong to punch this guy in the face!ā€ I say punch him in the legā€¦he wonā€™t feel it!

how many free throws did booker shoot? 16?

i also hate the underrated chantā€¦i cringed when they started it but eventually went alongā€¦

i wanted to start ā€˜this is our houseā€¦ā€™ much more directed towards the fans AND much more stinging after a loss

The Clemson crowd was silent most of the game. I felt like we had a home game.
One of our Athletic people was assaulted by an old guy, & a student was accused of bribing the refs by another old guy. Way to show class for the Sr. Generation! LOL.

Nice win from a Flyer fanā€¦one of the best OOC wins this year in the A-10. I know it was a step up for Purnell ot leave Dayton for Clemson, but he has to miss the fan support. That place looked dead, and itā€™s not like they were playing Prairie View A&M. Itā€™s nice to see The U of C stickā€™n it to the ACC like the old days.

okay okay, so the Clemson fans did seem to be pretty quiet, and most of them were polite and actually pretty friendly. But I MUST tell yall about this one old man we ran across leaving the game. So as we're walking out the 70+ year old guy in an electric wheelchair rolls up just infuriated. He starts yelling at us, "hey you boys come here, come here! Let me tell you something, I wanna tell you something. I have you know I have two degrees from your school, and I am plum ashamed of it! That school is a disgrace! How do yall come all the way down here and "buy" these refs. Yall come down here and pay the refs to make those bad calls!" Well the three of us listening, loked left and looked right....and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH we started laughing so hard at the old man! We were about speechless, and in response finally we said, "oh we know where the bad call were tonight, and those were some typically ACC refs if we've ever seen them! The bad thing about the situation was, that two of us were thinking at the same time..."would it be wrong to punch this guy in the face!" I say punch him in the leg...he won't feel it!

DUDE! THATS THE GUY THAT STOPPED ME ON TEH WAY UP FROM THE LOWER LEVEL!!!

he wouldnt get his finger out of my face and told me how ashamed I should be to go to charlotte and how ashamed he is he has 2 degrees from charlotte because we paid the refs and thats not right to do to such a talented and hard working team such as clemson.

What an idiot.

Oh yeah - and did anyone see the girl sitting in the section to the right of the student section who couldnt keep her middle finger out of the air when we chanted? real class act.

It's nice to see [B][U]The U of C[/U][/B] stick'n it to the ACC like the old days.

Thank you for that NCFlyerā€¦

I donā€™t understand.
Why would someone w/ 2 Charlotte degrees, be rooting for the other team. What an a55hole!

The fish guy gave me $10 to use my jersey in the skit of swallowing a Niner fan.
But hey, we won, thatā€™s all I cared about.

I think you guys are picking apart and thinking about the ā€œoverratedā€ chant too much. It is meant to make fun of the other school. It is meant to be chanted when you are not expected to be on the same court as them (which I promise you most thought we would get blown out). It does not discredit your own program because it is a smartass chant. They should have beat the number 1 team in the country the game before us. They are a very good team. By us chanting overrated, we are just rubbing it in their faces that we beat them bc they didnā€™t think we had a chance. In no way does that chant belittle your own team or lessen the victory.

On another topic. Am I the only one who has mentioned Lee getting 10 rebounds. Where did that come from? GO NINERS!!!