Niner Fans at Little John

[QUOTE=Submarley734;282758]On another topic. Am I the only one who has mentioned Lee getting 10 rebounds. Where did that come from? GO NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

Lee has done a great job getting rebounds!

I think you guys are picking apart and thinking about the "overrated" chant too much.

By us chanting overrated, we are just rubbing it in their faces that we beat them bc they didn’t think we had a chance. In no way does that chant belittle your own team or lessen the victory.

I would never discourage fans being rowdy in an opponents court. But I think you’re understating it. It comes across to me as “You guys are #17 and we just beat you. So you really shouldn’t be #17”. I just think you’re better off ringing “Niner Nation” in their heads. It is a minor thing though. I just don’t get it. Bottom line is kudos for being so rowdy!

Brett Jensen of CU Tigers.com said on FNZ that it was the first time he had seen an entire section of opposing fans in Little John.

Good job Niner Nation!!!

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;282767]Brett Jensen of CU Tigers.com said on FNZ that it was the first time he had seen an entire section of opposing fans in Little John.

Good job Niner Nation!!![/QUOTE]

Wow! I can’t believe that! Even with teams like Duke and Chapel Hill coming in?!?! Great job NN! Glad I could be a part of it!

Overrated chant makes it sound like the team you just beat wasn’t as good as they were supposed to be, therefore it is lessening your accomplishment.

BUT, when you do it in their house, it rules. Because it is just pouring salt in the wound.

Just like, we are…charlotte chants. Stupid at home, but when you can rock it at someone else’s house, it really rubs it in.

Oh yeah - and did anyone see the girl sitting in the section to the right of the student section who couldnt keep her middle finger out of the air when we chanted? real class act.

dude. she was wearing green. what a genius. sit in our section, wear green, and cheer for clemson…thats just hilarious…hilarious.

I would never discourage fans being rowdy in an opponents court. But I think you're understating it. It comes across to me as "You guys are #17 and we just beat you. So you really shouldn't be #17". I just think you're better off ringing "Niner Nation" in their heads. It is a minor thing though. I just don't get it. Bottom line is kudos for being so rowdy!

Bottom line is “Overrated” stings more to the other teams fans and their team. They won’t remember us chanting “Ninernation” even though I’m glad we did, but here are some posts from the Clemson board showing how it stung when the “Overrated” chant rang through their arena.

Originally Posted by ColtTiger
Hearing OverRated in your Own Gym is rough

[I]Originally Posted by RenegadeTiger
I hope when the 49’er fans were chanting “OVERRATED” that the team let that one burn for a while.

[/I]

Oh yeah - and did anyone see the girl sitting in the section to the right of the student section who couldnt keep her middle finger out of the air when we chanted? real class act.
I did see her but I never saw her flick us off. I really wish I had. That is crazy. I didn't even know about this until now and I already was pissed at the Clemson fans. They may now be beating WF for worst fans. Just despicable.

We got pelted with trash by App State fans.

The UR fans heckled us relentlessly.

UL fans are…well…UL fans.

These guys are just fans upset that they lost to an unranked team.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;282782]Overrated chant makes it sound like the team you just beat wasn’t as good as they were supposed to be, therefore it is lessening your accomplishment.

BUT, when you do it in their house, it rules. Because it is just pouring salt in the wound.

Just like, we are…charlotte chants. Stupid at home, but when you can rock it at someone else’s house, it really rubs it in.[/QUOTE]

Correct, it’s not all too bright to do it at home, but to do it on the road at Littlejohn when the Clemson fans think their team is top 10 caliber and they were just going to stomp all over us. Haha, it makes it more fun, like PB said salt in the wound.

I’d like to dedicate this win to my co-worker, Lily Tran, a 49er alum. She is sick, & her brother, Peter Tran, also a 49er alum is helping take care of her.

I did see her but I never saw her flick us off. I really wish I had. That is crazy. I didn't even know about this until now and I already was pissed at the Clemson fans. They may now be beating WF for worst fans. Just despicable.

Yeah well I figured there was no use in starting anything. The scoreboard did enough talking :biggrin:

oh yeah, and she already was doing a great job looking like an idiot

“And our fans – man – they were there for us tonight.” (LEE)
A large segment of Charlotte fans made the trip to Clemson, filling several sections in the upper deck and several rows behind Charlotte’s bench.
As the game wound down, their voices filled the quickly emptying arena with chants of “overrated,” “Forty-Niners” and “Dewey, Dewey, Dewey.”

thank you Observer!

Front page of the sports section, had our game, and a caption under the picture telling about the segment of Charlotte fans who chanted overrated.

Good job of glorifying yourselves.

Since we were at Littlejohn, we should have started chanting, “What?” “What?”

Good job of glorifying yourselves.

thank you

[QUOTE=ChevEE;282768]Wow! I can’t believe that! Even with teams like Duke and Chapel Hill coming in?!?! Great job NN! Glad I could be a part of it![/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Clempzen fans show up for dook and the tar holes, leaving no seats for the opposing fans. Since we’re “nobody”, their fans don’t care, think it’s an automatic win, don’t show up, and BAM!! We’re all up in their frickkin’ rafters makin’ 'em look bad. Good times.

And they were simply that. I'll take a victory over any "local" team any time.
Taking a victory has nothing to do with this. It's a silly cheer.

Clemson is a good team that had a tough night. We came out and punched them in the mouth. They never recovered. I think they will have a very good season.

[QUOTE=bball49er;282952]Taking a victory has nothing to do with this. It’s a silly cheer.

Clemson is a good team that had a tough night. We came out and punched them in the mouth. They never recovered. I think they will have a very good season.[/QUOTE]

it’s clemson. they’ll fall apart like they did last year.