Niner Football Traditions

Could anyone who attended the town hall meeting today give more insight about the traditions being started for football? The Charlotte 49ers page on facebook posted the powerpoint used for the presentation today:

-The current trail that starts from Cameron boulevard and connects to the football stadium is being nicknamed “the niner way” apparently?

-A big, brass (maybe steel?) bell will ring before each game and after each score.

-Alma mater played after each game, hope for cheerleaders and players to get involved in some capacity.

-“The Gold Mine” will be the nickname of the entire student section.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151531972228844&set=a.10151531970763844.1073741826.69459573843&type=1&theater

Any suggestions of other traditions that could be started for our football program?

This bell.

Slideshow of Tailgating/Parking Townhall Meeting Powerpoint presentation.

Winning would be a good one.

I think the bell (lots of history on this campus) and the “Niner Way” Walk are both pretty solid ideas.

They said bus would drop football players off at Niner Way at the corner of Cameron and Craver at 9:49 on gameday and they’ll make that walk to the stadium. The Old Bell will be rung by Seniors (chosen by lottery) when we score. There’s going to be a flag pole(s) installed along Niner Way, a senior class gift.

Absolutely loving all of these traditions coming out, espically the alma mater. I’ve tried to make sure that I know a little bit of it, but now to sing it at the end of every game will give me reason to fully learn it. The bell I’ve only seen a few times in person and can’t wait to hear it. Niner Way I think is a great idea as well as the whole 9:49 thing. Overall and more than anything, I’m just EXCITED!! :smiley:

Looks good. Serious questions (as I have seen it at other college games): Can men take off their shirts? Can women wear bikini/bathing suit-type tops?

I haven’t seen any prohibition on that, but it might just be because they haven’t thought of it yet.

Ninerschlagger and The Toast

Good news NWA. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and roller blades are prohibitted but it doesn’t say anything about go-karts. Your tailgating project should be good to go! :stuck_out_tongue:

Niner Luge down Craver hill. Just don’t make a drinking game of it… :))

I think Norm the Niner should parachute out of cltniner’s zeppelin and land on the 50 yard line.

49 yard line

49 yard line[/quote]

i 2nd that

Big fan of:

• Niner Way and 9:49am walk (people can do it then get back to their tailgating areas)
  • Gold Mine student section name
  • Bell
  • Alma Mater (FINALLY! Now let’s do it at all other sporting events!)

Actually, instead of ringing a bell when we scored I wish we would blast a train whistle.

Yeah, aren’t there old mine whistles? Never been much into mining, but I feel like that’s a thing…

Like all of it, so far.

What is this, a NASCAR race? (not discriminating!)

I don’t think its legal inside the stadium. Students can get away with it if body paint is involved.

I haven’t seen any prohibition on that, but it might just be because they haven’t thought of it yet.[/quote]

People can paint their chests in Halton, I don’t see why football would be any different.