NinerNation draft. Who do you take?

Summer is boring, so let’s try this.

Ok, you’ve been tasked with building NinerNation from scratch (team concept here). To do this you’re going to draft the 5 posters you think makes you the best team. Who are your top 5 picks and why? Who’s number 1 and why do you choose them to anchor your new team?

My picks:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]With the number #1 pick in the NinerNation draft, the MK Royals select…KTown49er.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]KTown brings with him the passion and drive that would be required to sustain any NinerNation. He also has a tendency to gin up controversy which never hurts with publicity and marketing rights.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#2 – Lefty – Every team needs a positive influence. Someone with connections who can get information and get it quickly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#3 – NinerAdvocate – Any nation that MK leads will surely find itself in legal trouble and in need of a lawyer, practicing or not.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#4 – ChiSox – politics aside every nation needs youth and energy to sustain itself and switch has a terrific up-side.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#5 – Jimmyhat – fund raiser and champion of NinerNation football. IQ is a question mark so the results of the Wonderlic will be key.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Feel free to analyze others picks and offer feedback as well as providing your own.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Remember – this is for fun, so keep it civil.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=MKNiner;177797]Summer is boring, so let’s try this.

Ok, you’ve been tasked with building NinerNation from scratch (team concept here). To do this you’re going to draft the 5 posters you think makes you the best team. Who are your top 5 picks and why? Who’s number 1 and why do you choose them to anchor your new team?

My picks:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]With the number #1 pick in the NinerNation draft, the MK Royals select…KTown49er.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]KTown brings with him the passion and drive that would be required to sustain any NinerNation. He also has a tendency to gin up controversy which never hurts with publicity and marketing rights.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#2 – Lefty – Every team needs a positive influence. Someone with connections who can get information and get it quickly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#3 – NinerAdvocate – Any nation that MK leads will surely find itself in legal trouble and in need of a lawyer, practicing or not.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#4 – ChiSox – politics aside every nation needs youth and energy to sustain itself and switch has a terrific up-side.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#5 – Jimmyhat – fund raiser and champion of NinerNation football. IQ is a question mark so the results of the Wonderlic will be key.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Feel free to analyze others picks and offer feedback as well as providing your own.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Remember – this is for fun, so keep it civil.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Very interesting… I kinda feel screwed though, my agaent told me I would go top 3 or else I might have stayed in school… Big difference in money from top 3 to #5…I smell a hold out…

1. HP coming off of serious surgery. HP is the darkhorse of this year’s draft.
  2. MAC i pick the god father of the draft he is the most solid individual on this board. (traded up 2, 5th round picks to get mac)
  3. Threemire leader of the Anti TR he has shown great potential with passion for niner athletics.
  4. UNCCTF: stats is my boy no one can take his brillians away.
  5. Over40: he is the Julio Franco of this years draft. Still brings a lot to the table.
  6. Gotlutz: is the most unspoken of individuals on this board. he is the leader of the new free world. gotlutz will be the most feared player in this years draft.
1. MAC i pick the god father of the draft he is the most solid individual on this board. (traded up 2, 5th round picks to get mac)

Mac is the owner of my squad and hence undraftable. He is required however to pony up the loot to pay them, so Jimmy’s hold out could prove costly.

NLP needs info and when he needs info he turns to

1. Jordan_NinerReport

NLP is posting in the third person. Yes, it’s foreshadowing.

1. cltniners

A good henchman is needed next. Clearly it’d be

1. moss2k

I like to keep the media in line. Who better than

1. Over40

I didn’t realize HP was off the board. Might seem a crushing blow, but instead The Proud select a poster who honors the most inspirational person I have ever had the pleasure to meet

1. survivor45

i found a loophole in the draft. sorry you are wrong. i offer my draftees however much they want. Money is unlimited in my eyes

i found a loophole in the draft. sorry you are wrong. i offer my draftees however much they want. Money is unlimited in my eyes

Actually I meant undraftable for me since he owns the team. I’m just the GM. However if you draft him that could be a conflict of interest the league will have to look in to.

well he’s like michael jordan. also you can’t draft someone who has already been drafted NLP.

I was in the process of editing it. Didn’t see HP on the top of your list.
Hopefully he’ll pull a Steve Francis and demand a trade. :wink:

But then again, The Proud are quite happy with our 5.

I was in the process of editing it. Didn't see HP on the top of your list. Hopefully he'll pull a Steve Francis and demand a trade. ;)

But then again, The Proud are quite happy with our 5.

I think it’s ok to draft posters who have already been drafted since we’re not taking turns round by round. So you can put HP back in NLP.

yeah surgery victims stick together. viva team gimp. i don’t know how i drafted HP in the first round he drafted in the 5th.

With the #1 overall pick in 2006 NNN Draft J4L32 selects

1.) J Felt

J Felt brings the passion of a true niner fan with him and loves the niners in the best and worst conditions and come he painted his chest at the Wake Forest game!

1. Threemire09

Three brings a great passion and dedication to this board. He always is on and always supporting the niners. Three gives 100% on finding articles about our niners on the web. He is a becoming a NNN POY prospesct.

3.) BobandEd49er

B&E are proud supporters of the anti TR. B&E makes me proud

1. gotlutz

although we disagree on a lot his posts are usually right on the money and his insight is tremendous.

and with my last pick of the 2006 NNN Draft J4L selects :::Drum rolll please:::

1. NinerLoudnProud

NLNP brings great insight to the NNN he keeps the board clean and sensors KTown. Hands down the best admin on the board.

Well I would like to have some fun and have controversary on my team (gets a lot of press, ESPN eats that stuff up). Therefore I would draft the following:

Metro
49erpi
and MikeNinerHunt

maybe throw in NA, that would really cause some fireworks on my team!! :tongue:

Well I would like to have some fun and have controversary on my team (gets a lot of press, ESPN eats that stuff up). Therefore I would draft the following:

Metro
49erpi
and MikeNinerHunt

maybe throw in NA, that would really cause some fireworks on my team!! :tongue:

Just call yourself the Portland Trailblazers and be done with it. :biggrin:

I thought I reaked with controversy how did you leave me out of your draft

you are just a confused tarhole fan j4l.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;177814]

1. NinerLoudnProud

NLNP brings great insight to the NNN he keeps the board clean and sensors KTown. Hands down the best admin on the board.[/QUOTE]

Um, NLP isn’t an admin. But good try.

:mask:

he might as well be. he gets my vote

1. Lefty…every niner fan should be like lefty…my favorite poster on the board…Need the scoop…go to lefty

2. Over40…I love reading the observer rants…I was skeptical at first…but he converted me

3. MK…Insightful posts…love it when he gets all “smart ass” on some poster who disagrees with him.

4. Max power…best Screen name on NNN

5. HP…Doesnt he have to be on everybodys list?

And in a tie for 6th…every other poster on NNN…Thanks for making my workday go by faster!!!