NinerNation.Net?

Appreciate the update! I come here daily to get updates and be a part of a community with passionate ties to our University and all things Niner related. Though not as “active” a poster as some, this place means a lot to me and I’m sure I am not alone. Can’t thank those enough that are making efforts to preserve the site and community. Thank you and let the rest of us know if we can do anything.

[quote=“NLP, post:60, topic:30941”]Quick update.

Site is going nowhere July 1st.

We will eventually migrate to a new server and very likely, new platform. NodeBB and Discourse are the options that people seem to like (suggestions welcome). This will take time and effort and mac has offered his assistance in helping us migrate to a new server/platform. Think of this not as mac washing his hands and walking away, but rather think of it as a relay race where the baton is going to be handed off… with a lengthy handoff lane. Lastly, every effort will be made to preserve old posts. The CFI posts for instance are a treasure for our fanbase.

I anticipate this to take not days, but weeks and months. Updates will be provided as they become available.[/quote]

Good update. I appreciate the work several of you are doing to take on running the board, and I appreciate Mac working to provide a smooth transition (not to mention all he has done to host us all of these years).

Personally I’m liking NodeBB (https://nodebb.org/) more than Discourse (https://www.discourse.org/) at this point. It will be a drastically different forum, but pushes us to the newest tech and helps us move to a truly responsive design.

[quote=“NinerLove, post:61, topic:30941”]Appreciate the update! I come here daily to get updates and be a part of a community with passionate ties to our University and all things Niner related. Though not as “active” a poster as some, this place means a lot to me and I’m sure I am not alone. Can’t thank those enough that are making efforts to preserve the site and community. Thank you and let the rest of us know if we can do anything.[/quote] Well said. I too appreciate the updates, the work being done, and would also say let us know if we can do anything, though I’m not going to be of much help in building websites.

clt says geocities is pretty rad.

[quote=“NLP, post:60, topic:30941”]Quick update.

Site is going nowhere July 1st.

We will eventually migrate to a new server and very likely, new platform. NodeBB and Discourse are the options that people seem to like (suggestions welcome). This will take time and effort and mac has offered his assistance in helping us migrate to a new server/platform. Think of this not as mac washing his hands and walking away, but rather think of it as a relay race where the baton is going to be handed off… with a lengthy handoff lane. Lastly, every effort will be made to preserve old posts. The CFI posts for instance are a treasure for our fanbase.

I anticipate this to take not days, but weeks and months. Updates will be provided as they become available.[/quote]
Thank you for the update!! Really glad that the site is living on. Please let me know if I can help in anyway I have experience with running message boards and such. I’d love to help if possible
Thank!