Niners baseball back on track

After a disappointing series to dropped 1-2 to William and Mary and a 3-2 L to Toledo on Friday the Niners have won three in a row, two in blowout fashion.
I was not able to attend the games yesterday, but did attend today and the Niners looked very good. 13 hits, and a number of doubles. Great pitching and defense as well from the Niners.
Also correct me if wrong, but it seemed like we had the biggest crowd of the season today. Warmer weather seems to have brought out some more casual fans. Glad they saw a great dominant win!
Onto Kennesaw St on the road on Tuesday. GO NINERS!

We have some really good pitching. I hope we can put it all together.

Our pitching is very good this year, didn’t even see Casas this weekend, but I feel he’ll be back in the rotation. He hadn’t pitched in a year and a half so he was a bit rusty.
If the Niners keep up this play consistently we will be a force in C-USA.

Casas threw an inning of relief on Saturday. His 1st pitch was hit out of the park.

Threw 1 inning, gave up 4 hits, walked 1 and gave up 2 home runs

Good to see them get the bats going again, let’s see if they can beat consistent about it.

I attended the second game of the DH before the basketball game, and there was a nice crowd at it as well (at least before the temps dropped and people migrated to Halton).

Nice to get the bats rolling this weekend. We are going to face some tougher pitching coming in this weekend against Kent State. They have 2 top prospects in their rotation.

http://www.kentstatesports.com/news/2016/1/28/BB_0128164345.aspx?path=baseball

[quote=“Crusader, post:4, topic:30208”]Casas threw an inning of relief on Saturday. His 1st pitch was hit out of the park.

Threw 1 inning, gave up 4 hits, walked 1 and gave up 2 home runs[/quote]
Gotcha, wasn’t there Saturday so didn’t know. I think he’ll get better as he knocks off the rust.

I don’t know if it’s time to declare them “back on track,” but it was encouraging to see them bounce back after Friday. The bats got going and hopefully they keep on going. It was good to see Jarrett finally break out of his slump yesterday. The guy is better than what he had been showing.

The pitching still seems to be unsettled. Geoghegan and Maciejewski have Friday and Sunday, but Saturday is anybody’s guess. Prochaska did a nice job on Saturday, maybe he lands in that spot again this year. I’m not sure what’s going on at closer right now either. Sherer has been the closer, but he stayed at first on Saturday night in a clear save opportunity. There may well be a reason that I’m overlooking. As a side note, we need pitchers with easier names to spell.

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:9, topic:30208”]I don’t know if it’s time to declare them “back on track,” but it was encouraging to see them bounce back after Friday. The bats got going and hopefully they keep on going. It was good to see Jarrett finally break out of his slump yesterday. The guy is better than what he had been showing.

The pitching still seems to be unsettled. Geoghegan and Maciejewski have Friday and Sunday, but Saturday is anybody’s guess. Prochaska did a nice job on Saturday, maybe he lands in that spot again this year. I’m not sure what’s going on at closer right now either. Sherer has been the closer, but he stayed at first on Saturday night in a clear save opportunity. There may well be a reason that I’m overlooking. As a side note, we need pitchers with easier names to spell.[/quote]

It’s still pretty early but it is surprising that Logan didn’t pitch at all this weekend. His 1 inning last week wasn’t great either.
I know Wells was going to be a guy they wanted to see at the end of games but he is injured. Not sure of his status.
It was encouraging to see Capps get the job done (for the most part) in crunch time Saturday. I don’t see him as a closer, but he is definitely a nice addition to the bullpen.

If baseball is back on track, I’d like to request a different track.

I don’t like this track

[quote=“Crusader, post:11, topic:30208”]If baseball is back on track, I’d like to request a different track.

I don’t like this track[/quote]

Kent State made it all the way to College World Series in Omaha 2 or 3 years ago. I’m not sure how good they are now.

We currently have a winning record. Let’s see how we do this week in our 2 games against Georgia.

[quote=“49r9r, post:12, topic:30208”][quote=“Crusader, post:11, topic:30208”]If baseball is back on track, I’d like to request a different track.

I don’t like this track[/quote]

Kent State made it all the way to College World Series in Omaha 2 or 3 years ago. I’m not sure how good they are now.

We currently have a winning record. Let’s see how we do this week in our 2 games against Georgia.[/quote]
Actually, we are now 5-6 :frowning: but I agree with you in principle.

Niners host Wake Forest at Hayes Stadium Wednesday at 6. We are now at .500 after splitting with Georgia last week and going 2-1 over the weekend.

AWESOME crowd at the baseball game tonight, walk off win vs ACC foe Wake Forest for the Niners!! Big win heading into conference play

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:15, topic:30208”]AWESOME crowd at the baseball game tonight, walk off win vs ACC foe Wake Forest for the Niners!! Big win heading into conference play[/quote] Netzer’s bottom of the ninth 2 out 2-2 home run was quite the moonshot. Wake right fielder headed to the dugout before the ball cleared the field.

I don’t think he even took a step back toward the fence. He stood there for about half a second and then headed in.

Curious if the new bridge and headlights were an issue at the night game?

Curious if the new bridge and headlights were an issue at the night game?[/quote] No. FWIW, there is a covered guard rail on the bridge. BTW, I’m assuming the powers that be think that the center field scoreboard will shield our softball field.

Another walk off win by Brett Netzer, this one in extra innings. Great innings from the pitching staff today. If this team ever gets the pitching figured out they will be a very strong team.