Niners baseball back on track

Huge win considering how FIU beat us last year. 2pm game today at the Hayes. Excited for this team as they are playing some great ball right now.

Huge win considering how FIU beat us last year. 2pm game today at the Hayes. Excited for this team as they are playing some great ball right now.[/quote]

Niners take series with a 6-2 win today. BTW… CUSA’s conference rpi currently ranks it as the 4th best baseball conference.

Any triad Niners heading to the Charlotte-Wake game tomorrow in Winston? Looks like admission is free to Wake baseball games during the week.

I plan on being there.

I plan on being there.[/quote]

Decent showing of Charlotte fans at Wake last night. Tough loss after being up 5-2.

Decent showing of Charlotte fans at Wake last night. Tough loss after being up 5-2.[/quote] Were ya’ll nice, uh huh?

Decent showing of Charlotte fans at Wake last night. Tough loss after being up 5-2.[/quote] Were ya’ll nice, uh huh?[/quote]

Yeah, a few Wake fans wanted to know who he was and if he did that at all our sporting events…no one really engaged him.

Decent showing of Charlotte fans at Wake last night. Tough loss after being up 5-2.[/quote] Were ya’ll nice, uh huh?[/quote]

Yeah, a few Wake fans wanted to know who he was and if he did that at all our sporting events…no one really engaged him.[/quote]

The Wake fans were friendly and polite. One of them asked how how our basketball team did under Price and stated he thought we made a great hire.

And, as always, the Niner fans were perfect.

Niners take on Southern Miss this weekend. Games are Friday at 6, Saturday at 2, and Sunday at 11 (yes… 11).

Baseball on back on track.

Assuming that your goal/expectation is the highway to hell.

Up 3-0 and 4-1 and end up getting run ruled at home 16-6.

[quote=“Crusader, post:30, topic:30208”]Baseball on back on track.

Assuming that your goal/expectation is the highway to hell.

Up 3-0 and 4-1 and end up getting run ruled at home 16-6.[/quote]

We’ve really stunk it up our last 4 games. Southern Miss is 8-1 in the conference, ranked in one poll, and a projected at-large team in the NCAA, BUT we have played similar teams much more competitively in past years. We should have never allowed them to dominate us like they did. The same can be said for our game against State too.

This thread title is way “off track”.

[font=verdana][size=13px]At this point we are the boat anchor dragging down the conference RPI. Marshall doesn’t even really have true home stadium and they are still top 100:[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=13px]

USM (13)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]Rice (20)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]FAU (22) [/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]ODU (39)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]WKU (67)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]Marshall (87) [/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]MT (102)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]La Tech (117)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]UTSA (119[/size][/font][size=13px][font=Verdana])[/font][/size]
[size=13px][font=Verdana]FIU (153)[/font][/size]
[font=verdana][size=13px]UAB (169)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]Charlotte (208)[/size][/font]

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:33, topic:30208”][font=verdana][size=13px]At this point we are the boat anchor dragging down the conference RPI. Marshall doesn’t even really have true home stadium and they are still top 100:[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=13px]

USM (13)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]UTSA (119[/size][/font][size=13px][font=verdana])[/font][/size]
[size=13px][font=verdana]FIU (153)[/font][/size]
[font=verdana][size=13px]Charlotte (208)[/size][/font][/quote]

Not good. Are we better than last year though? I would’ve thought last year was rock bottom.

[quote=“austinniner, post:34, topic:30208”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:33, topic:30208”][font=verdana][size=13px]At this point we are the boat anchor dragging down the conference RPI. Marshall doesn’t even really have true home stadium and they are still top 100:[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=13px]

USM (13)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=13px]UTSA (119[/size][/font][size=13px][font=verdana])[/font][/size]
[size=13px][font=verdana]FIU (153)[/font][/size]
[font=verdana][size=13px]Charlotte (208)[/size][/font][/quote]

Not good. Are we better than last year though? I would’ve thought last year was rock bottom.[/quote]

We finished 155 last year. Plenty of time for improvement but it isn’t looking great.

other message boards talk about kicking us out right?

Are we at a point that we make a coaching change after the season? We have been going down the pass several seasons.

x

The thought of our current AD hiring a new baseball coach is not a pleasant one at all. I think we only have 3 seniors on this year’s team, and we have some goot freshmen. With that said, I thought we would be better than we are this year.

I’m also a little baffled at how our rpi is THAT BAD. We are 2-3 against SEC/ACC schools. FIU has a better rpi and we won 2 out of 3 against them. We got swept by Southern Miss but their rpi is top 20. Regardless, I have walked away from our last 4 games in a bad mood.

The thought of our current AD hiring a new baseball coach is not a pleasant one at all. I think we only have 3 seniors on this year’s team, and we have some goot freshmen. With that said, I thought we would be better than we are this year.

I’m also a little baffled at how our rpi is THAT BAD. We are 2-3 against SEC/ACC schools. FIU has a better rpi and we won 2 out of 3 against them. We got swept by Southern Miss but their rpi is top 20. Regardless, I have walked away from our last 4 games in a bad mood. [/quote]

With what we pay we can’t afford anything that we know for sure will be better, assistants at major programs make more than Hibbs I would bet, or close enough to his salary that it wouldn’t be worth them moving to take the position. Take Southern Miss for example, they pay in total $410,000 out to their coaches. I doubt we even pay half of that, not to mention the recruiting budget we have compared to other schools in this conference.

EDIT: If you think we should be paying our head coach a lot more than 81,000 then I think you may be on to something.