Niners Basketball Collective

https://twitter.com/NinersbballNil/status/1763293099407585312

1 Like

Just made a one time donation and also signing up for monthly ongoing.

4 Likes

clt says this will be interesting for the attorneys on this chat page.

if we donate, there is an expectation that an athlete will provide a service? like signing autographs or being on a promo ad on the tick tock?

Awesome news! Huge news for our basketball program.

Can this be used to target Brice and get him back where he belongs to finish his career? Edit: I see after further reading that it can’t be used for “pay to play”.

How do we get Brice back???

2 Likes

I love brice but there are other brices out there. Need a good wing, better backup big and more shooting

1 Like

It can absolutely be used for pay for play. You just have to pretend it’s for something else.

1 Like

lol, NIL is nothing but “pay to play”. There are no rules.

1 Like

Yes. It is all pay for play, but apparently there are some rules. Just ask our friend Alex Atkins at FSU.

That’s not how this was intended to be, but people are just doing whatever they want with little to no enforcement.

1 Like

Not sure if any “rules” had any part in that. Seems like a little payback from the NCAA.

After this weeks University of Tennessee vs. NCAA decision I don’t think there are any more NIL rules.

4 Likes

Well, the NCAA has suspended all NIL related school investigations. So, unfortunately, you are probably right. It’s going to take big school getting left behind for anything to change. Either that or the system collapsing in on itself.

i like money GIF

or a few athletes not paying taxes on earned income.

1 Like

No one will give a dang about that. That’s their problem.

Well they will give a dang about it if the IRS makes them sit out a game!

I’m signed up too.

Monthly recurring.

Y’all signing up?

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1763571057703723344?t=TegDKyzqQlf4uN4KZBYbFg&s=19

Frankly the whole system is broken and needs to be burned down. College is for education, not for entertainment.

Get rid of the sport requirements and let schools only sponsor the sports they want to/can afford.

It’ll never happen because of Title IX requirements, but it’s absurd that we require students to pay thousands over 4 years for sports they never watch/care about.

1 Like

You could argue that sports are a part of education. Such as team building and sports science.

We all pay thousands in fees for our respective colleges within the university, but sports is one where we all pay into as well.