Niners get commitment from guard

Shamarr Bowden (6-foot-3, 165 pounds), a Greensboro native who earlier this year committed to Virginia Tech, plans to sign with the 49ers during the early signing period in November. Class of 2008. Story upcoming on charlotte.com.

Thanks for the breaking news!

20ppg, and PG/SG - The next Goldwire? :smiley:

Thanks for the update! He is described on Rivals as a “strong small forward with a good stroke.” He is listed as a sg though.

Shamarr Bowden (6-foot-3, 165 pounds), a Greensboro native who earlier this year committed to Virginia Tech, plans to sign with the 49ers during the early signing period in November. Class of 2008. Story upcoming on charlotte.com.

sweet!

Anybody have any info on this guy?

Rivals 3 Star
Scout 2 Star

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;252612]Shamarr Bowden (6-foot-3, 165 pounds), a Greensboro native who earlier this year committed to Virginia Tech, plans to sign with the 49ers during the early signing period in November. Class of 2008. Story upcoming on charlotte.com.[/QUOTE]

Nice job grabbing one from VT… ACC? Huh? Whats that?

[URL=http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2506411][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]Scout.com: Shamarr Bowden Profile[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

Also got offers from Vandy and UNCW to go with VaTech.

Anyone know what high school he played at in Greensboro?

Thank God! I was wondering if anyone was still working on recruiting…

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;252613]Thanks for the breaking news!

20ppg, and PG/SG - The next Goldwire? :D[/QUOTE]

Utter said he heard that he was better than leemire. This guy is a moxley recruit.

he went to grimsley.

I think this commitment…by a guy we have never heard about before today…just goes to show that 99 percent of us have no effin clue what Bobby and Co are doing day in and day out.

Thus…the need (for some) to have your panties in a wad over the lack of a commitment before the early signing period is a bit premature.

OK. The question is begging: why did he uncommit to vpi and come aboard with us?

OK. The question is begging: why did he uncommit to vpi and come aboard with us?

Im sure the article on charlotte.com will give some info about that.

I think this commitment..by a guy we have never heard about before today...just goes to show that 99 percent of us have no effin clue what Bobby and Co are doing day in and day out.

Thus…the need (for some) to have your panties in a wad over the lack of a commitment before the early signing period is a bit premature.

[SIZE=5]QFT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2](Truth Revolution Official Seal of Approval)
[SIZE=1]Do not buy it if the official seal appears to have been tampered with. All rights reserved. Copyright Truth Revolution.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gill2003;252631][SIZE=5]QFT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2](Truth Revolution Official Seal of Approval)
[SIZE=1]Do not buy it if the official seal appears to have been tampered with. All rights reserved. Copyright Truth Revolution.[/SIZE] [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hahah brilliant!!

I would think VT’s backcourt would be crowded with incoming recruits since they had to replace Gordon and Dowdell. May have been too many clones at his position.

We lose Leemire next year, and seem to have nobody of note or hype to replace him (don’t even start with Harris). He may believe he could come in and be a 4 year starter.

[QUOTE=49er1;252629]OK. The question is begging: why did he uncommit to vpi and come aboard with us?[/QUOTE]

scout said he had low interest in vpi. so that may be a reason why. But he de-committed before the shooting last year. So i don’t know.

We lose Leemire next year, and seem to have nobody of note or hype to replace him (don't even start with Harris).

We wont, because they dont play the same position. Lee is a 2 (who plays the point a good bit), Harris is a pure pg.

You’re right though, after Lee graduates, we only have Ian and Barnett at the two. As much as I like Ian, we definitely needed to sign another sg for the 08 season. So as of right now it’s Ian, Javarris and Shamarr at the two in 08.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;252637]We wont, because they dont play the same position. Lee is a 2 (who plays the point a good bit), Harris is a pure pg.

You’re right though, after Lee graduates, we only have Ian at the two. As much as I like him, we definitely needed to sign another sg for the 08 season. So as of right now it’s Ian and Shamarr at the two in 08.[/QUOTE]

did you forget about barnett?

lol you beat me to the edit.