Niners Sign PG

Wow! I love this kid!

“It’s real early and I have about 15 schools that are showing interest. But, I’m a hometown kid and I always wanted to be a 49er. Charlotte is like my Duke and North Carolina. It might not be Duke and Carolina but it’s my Duke and Carolina. Through it all Coach Lutz has a winning program every year.”
:49ers: :clap: :headbang:

[QUOTE=MKNiner;225853]Of the ones we have he’s the most likely IMO (note I have no info to support that). His PT really fell off during the year, and if Lewis didn’t leave last year or the year before, he’s not leaving now I wouldn’t think.

And I don’t think we’ve passed on Mack at all. Last I heard we are still in good shape with him.[/QUOTE]

Interesting take. Carlos did see his playing time drop over the course of the season… and probably wasn’t too happy about us signing Gerrity to play his position. I would still be kind of surprised to see him transfer, have to sit out for a year, adjust to a new system, etc. just to play his last year. He doesn’t really have a chance to play at the next level. Who knows… I’m still surprised that Lewis didn’t transfer last year.

Sounds like Harris is happy to be a niner, but you do have to question signing a 1 star juco guy that wasn’t good enough to play DI ball at this point last year. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

I’ll give him this, the posting of that quote might be the best thing ever said on nnn/cusatalk/CO ever.

Originally signed with Pfeiffer out of Victory Christian. That note from paper:

Victory Christian basketball guard Dijuan Harris, all-state last season, signed with Pfeiffer.

Harris averaged 14 points and seven assists, and was Victory Christian’s most valuable player. He also had 2,405 all-purpose yards and 10 interceptions in football, and was most outstanding player in the Oasis Shrine all-star game.

“Pfeiffer is the perfect school for Dijuan,” Pfeiffer coach Dave Davis said. “His game both offensively and defensively is made to play at full speed. He has incredible speed and quickness and he can push the basketball as well as anyone we have ever had here. Our point guard situation was an area of weakness a year ago, and Dijuan will make an immediate impact on our program.”

Interesting take. Carlos did see his playing time drop over the course of the season... and probably wasn't too happy about us signing Gerrity to play his position. I would still be kind of surprised to see him transfer, have to sit out for a year, adjust to a new system, etc. just to play his last year. He doesn't really have a chance to play at the next level. Who knows... I'm still surprised that Lewis didn't transfer last year.

I was shocked as well that Lewis didn’t transfer last year. He even transferred on my NCAA2k7 this year, and that game’s pretty dang accurate.

Carlos could also go back Juco couldn’t he? That or D-II?

Sounds like Harris is happy to be a niner, but you do have to question signing a 1 star juco guy that wasn't good enough to play DI ball at this point last year. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

It’s always possible Lewis and Carlos would be gone and we’d need a filler ASAP. Never know.

In any case if I’ve learned anything as a Niner it’s that rankings for our players don’t mean anything (see Iti, Carlos etc.)

I’ve got to believe this means Jerrell and/or Carlos are transferring. Also, Mack should be here this weekend. This all tells me they feel good about Jones, Gaby, Booker, Wilderness to hold down the 4 and 5 slots.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but for LEWIS to play D1 ball he has to forfeit a year of eligibility since he has redshirted one year and you only get 5 years to complete 4 seasons.
Meaning if he wants to play two years, it’s DII or NAIA.

Carlos could transfer a la Colon Largent and sit out a year to play his Sr. year at DI but DII or NAIA would also be an option to play immediately without sitting out.

[cartwheels]Yay…another scrub JUCO player, just when we thought the plan was to steer away from that approach[/cartwheels]

[QUOTE=jcl49er;225870][cartwheels]Yay…another scrub JUCO player, just when we thought the plan was to steer away from that approach[/cartwheels][/QUOTE]

Well if it’s Carlos leaving, then we trade 1 year for a 3 year guy. Does that make it any better?

There is just no was on the planet Earth that he is any worse than Carlos…I just dont think its possible

Im not well versed in the recruiting ways, but I thought A) we only had 1 more scholorship, and B) it was going to Mack and now I have concluded that, C) We have given up our last scholarship to someone not as good as Mack?

Personally I like this kids enthusiasm. Hes the kind of player thats gonna be excited to get on the court and will engage with the fans only to feed of their energy. I think in the end he might not be the greatest player in the world, but he could be a solid bench player who loves Lutz and will listen to him.

Any word on who the other schools were?

I think I will go ahead an jump off the ledge now and not wait until next year. Looks like Bobby is working very hard to drive the program into the ground to me.

Well if it's Carlos leaving, then we trade 1 year for a 3 year guy. Does that make it any better?

If the level of play stays the same, I believe the 1 year is better… To make this signing, Carlos must be gone and possibly Lewis.

Well if it's Carlos leaving, then we trade 1 year for a 3 year guy. Does that make it any better?

NOO!

Not if it means we are stuck with a walk-on type player for 3 years. We could hold on to the schollie and pick up a 3-4 star guard in 2008.

Here is a guess for our depth chart, assuming no one leaves:

PG - Gerrity (20) Carlos (13) Leemire (4) Lewis (1) Harris (1) Church (1)
SG - Leemire (27) Andersen (10) Phaler (2) Barnett (1)
SF - Dewhurst (28) Wilderness (9) Phaler (2) Barnett (1)
PF - Booker (20) Wilderness (20)
C - Jones (30) Ngoundjo (10)

Hold on to your lucky rabbits foots’ for injuries/foul trouble/talent busts with the frontcourt.

Im not well versed in the recruiting ways, but I thought A) we only had 1 more scholorship, and B) it was going to Mack and now I have concluded that, C) We have given up our last scholarship to someone not as good as Mack?

Not quite. If someone is transferring (pretty safe bet) that frees up another scholarship so we still have one for Mack.

[COLOR=black]

I am in some serious need of “Green Tinted Glasses” to pull me away from the ledge right now. I’m not pissed about this guy, i am upset with the direction we are going.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green][/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]ID, cheer up buddy! This signing is GREAT news! This kid is going to be a STUD. He played at one of the best basketball powerhouses in the nation for high school ball (VC), and lit up the JUCO ranks. I would imagine Lee will solely play the two, and Harris will average 10+ assists from the pg slot. Why is everyone worrying!? This kid SEALS THE DEAL that we are Final Four-bound next year![/COLOR]

There is just no was on the planet Earth that he is any worse than Carlos.....I just dont think its possible
QFT

“as well or better than the guys going ACC” is the new “best passer since Colson”.

Has Phil Jones been cleared by the NCAA and practicing with the team like Delroy James (similar circumstances at Rhode Island)?

Here’s a frightening thought: What if the open schollie is Phil Jones?

Here's a frightening thought: What if the open schollie is Phil Jones?
:wow: :terrified: