Niners start as 27.5 pt dogs to UNC CHeat

I felt this way early on, but letā€™s be honest, we werenā€™t ready the past few years for them either. We just are a young program and we are going to have to take our lumps. A win would be a massive upset. If we can keep it within 20, Iā€™d be happy.

Iā€™m not touching that 27 point spread though. I did take us to cover vs. App.

So umm Watts is starting? That means he checked out okay?

According to D Scott we should hear something today.

Well that explains what happened Saturday, Mac Brown couldnā€™t beat them either. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Damn

Based on the recruiting skills of Healy I assume we have this covered and shouldnā€™t miss a beat. Next man up.

Dom Shoffner is a very capable quarterback:

Certainly looks like it. My concern is that you would assume a healthy Shoffner would be more effective than a hurt Reynolds. If that is the case why didnā€™t Healy make the move at halftime when it was clear Reynolds wasnā€™t effective.

And why did we throw 30 times??

1 Like

Healy didnā€™t know until after the game. something I bet heā€™s pretty sore about

I didnā€™t see anything that indicated he didnā€™t know. He said he was injured on the first play of the game.

Would make sense if that is the case.

My guess would beā€¦
Probably because Reynolds was able to continue (albeit not as effective)ā€¦and because Schoffner hasnā€™t had enough reps the week leading up to that game to really be ā€œreadyā€ for the gameplan for Apps defense, the reads and schemes they put in for that game.

Would probably have been different if Dom had been on the team for a year or 2. But heā€™s only been here for a few months during a Covid shortened preseason and camp.

That is a good interview with Dom. I like Chris and hate that he is out this week, but now I am pulling for Dom to win this game and take the starting spot. Sounds easy when I put it like that.

clt says he looks like a dom good player. Glad to have him!

Doesnā€™t matter if you win by an inch or a mileā€¦winningā€™s, winning. -Dom

espn has the spread at 30 now. I guess it moved after it was announced that Reynolds was out.