Niners start as 27.5 pt dogs to UNC CHeat

Lot of clarification in this thread. Recommended read.

clt says connect the dots…

CHeat not going to make the NCAA tourney this spring? cancelled
CHeat going to lose to Charlotte Saturday? cancelled.

1 Like

Cheat going down for academic fraud in NCAA investigation? cancelled

2 Likes

According to SiriusXM Mark Packer says CHeat looking for a game next Saturday 9/26. Looks like WKU and Coastal Carolina have open dates 9/26.

1 Like

Healy on Finebaum explaining what happened. Contact tracing appears to be the reason for the cancellation.

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=29908272&cast=9560758

As far as I know none of our D has tested positive for COVID. We know the players involved so we can contact trace. Sorry this didn’t work out. A big deal to line up against the mothership.

1 Like

Despite our being a huge underdog in this game, I am mega bummed we aren’t playing today. It’s crushing to watch all these other games being played and we sit at home. Did I mention that I AM MEGA BUMMED!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Macon, GA

Right. So not in North Carolina, whether it’s their Macon campus or their Atlanta campus. The thing I was objecting to was Brown pretending the reason Cheat scheduled in state was to keep money in state when the obvious reason is that the ACC mandated them to schedule within NC for OOC. Still to be seen what Cheat will do in future as far as scheduling is concerned, but I feel certain they will do whatever is to their advantage, as always. Pretty sure they don’t give a tinkers damn about the finances of their “little brothers”

1 Like

Would it be possible to play chapel hill tomorrow?

1 Like

Why would they not have scheduled us at the end of the season

2 Likes

This makes no sense. Why weren’t we rescheduled? Please someone who can get a legit answer, please do.

UNC Chapel Hill accidentally scheduled the wrong UNCC. They meant to schedule Charlotte but scheduled UNC Cullowhee instead.

Joking of course, but that’s a great question…

1 Like

I have no idea. My guesses: FCS Western Carolina is an easier W than Charlotte, the payout is less than Charlotte, if Chapel Hill is playing in the ACC championship on 12/19 playing Western is a glorified scrimmage where starters barely play, and hypothetically Charlotte could be playing in the CUSA championship game on 12/12 (the CUSA championship is officially scheduled for 12/5 but will probably be moved to 12/12 or 12/19).

1 Like

Too we canceled, can’t fault them (as much as I’d like to) for going another route.

2 Likes