niners vs. UNC

after carolina’s loss against wake, i started thinking… could we beat carolina?.. We match up to carolina almost perfectly… we’ve got mitch vs. felton… plavich and mccants would nail threes left and right… i’m almost 100% sure curt can hang with may… though i dont’ know about iti. we could stick drayton in to guard jawad and eddie on manuel. If we don’t win i’m sure it would be a very close game, and who knows, maybe we’ll go 32-32 freethrows too :lol: … what do you guys think?

Mitch could hang with Felton, Plavich would get burned by McCants all night, EJ would not by who I would bring in as a defensive substitution, Withers and Nance could own Sean May, they don’t have anyone who could lock down Eddie.

Our backcourt would lose us the game, our frontcourt would keep us in it.

yeah… i didn’t say plavich would guard mccants… he would burn him all day… i just said they’d be raining threes all over the place.

Based on the two teams over all performance this year, I don’t think that we could beat CHapel Hill in a regular game. Who knows how good this team will get, etc. but right now, they are a better team in my opinion.

[i]Originally posted by Bballaeric20[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 07:11 PM [b] eddie on manuel [/b]
our best defender on their worst offensive guy? eddie on mcants. Jackie is the worst excuse of a basketball player to wear the carolina jersey.
[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 06:28 PM [b] our best defender on their worst offensive guy? eddie on mcants. Jackie is the worst excuse of a basketball player to wear the carolina jersey. [/b]
agree 100%. putting eddie on manuel would be a waste. eddie could do a good job guarding mccants

Niners would lose by at least 25 points. Let get serious here.

Worst excuse of a basketball player ever to where the Caroina Jersey, I guess you didn’t see Brian Buttsticker play around 1998-02.

[i]Originally posted by 9R#1[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 06:42 PM [b]Niners would lose by at least 25 points. Let get serious here.[/b]
I don't think any team is good enough to beat us by 25 points right now unless we match our 34% shooting from the St. Louis game and the opponant shoots over 55%. There's no doubt we would be huge underdogs if we played UNC @ Chapel Hill, but that doesn't mean we would get blown out. Lets's hope we meet up with them(or some other high ranked team) in the Sweet Sixteen(or later) so we can see what will happen.

oh definitely… i’m praying we’re going to play carolina in the NCAA tournament

we will beat them in the sweet 16

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 07:42 PM [b] Worst excuse of a basketball player ever to where the Caroina Jersey, I guess you didn't see Brian Buttsticker play around 1998-02. [/b]
orlando melendez if you wanna go that era. but i have never heard as much bashing from their own fans as much as jackie gets.

yeah… that’d be sweet

[b]Niners would lose by at least 25 points. Let get serious here.[/b]

a loss, good chance, but not by 25. but…anything could happen. if santa clara can pull it off, then i know we could.

[i]Originally posted by 9R#1[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 07:42 PM [b] Niners would lose by at least 25 points. Let get serious here. [/b]
how long have you benn watching the niners? Im guessing not very long or you don't pay attention very well. For years we have have sucked vs bad teams(st louis, ecu, etc), but then we are ready to play against the big ones and play well. I would bet you it would be a close game, just as cincy will. They are no better than their final four team in 98 or whenever when we took them to ot.
[i]Originally posted by kbr49er[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 07:07 PM [b]

a loss, good chance, but not by 25. but…anything could happen. if santa clara can pull it off, then i know we could. [/b]

well you gotta figure they didn't have felton.. and it was the first game of the season.
[i]Originally posted by Bballaeric20[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 07:40 PM [b] well you gotta figure they didn't have felton.. and it was the first game of the season. [/b]
they lost by 11
[b]our best defender on their worst offensive guy? eddie on mcants. Jackie is the worst excuse of a basketball player to wear the carolina jersey. [/b]

The sad thing is…I believe he was player of the year in Florida. Good to see that the player of the year in Florida has got better over the years(Goldwire).

[b]but i have never heard as much bashing from their own fans as much as jackie gets. [/b]

that’s odd . . . the students LOVE jackie

and i think he would be able to stick eddie; maybe not shut him down but he could really stick him

i would love to see that game, period.

I would like to see us play UNC though, I think Plavich would get killed by McCants, I like our chances against the rest of the team. Florida State showed tonight how beatable many top ranked teams are.