NN.N Poster of the Year 2009

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;386983]Ranking #91, that means I’m on the bubble for the NN.N NIT. Looks like the NN.N CBI for me![/QUOTE]

There were NNNIT participants who were ranked #250+. state your case in the proper thread and ill consider it.

Looks like I might be a 16 seed with a possible 1st round matchup vs. Metro. I must be a SWAC team. Oh gawd. 2 years ago I was a 7 or 8 and whooped K-Town in the first round. Please don’t bump me from the ranks with nominations. On the other hand, I could actually make some noise in the NNNIT.

Ideas: Past winners recieve automatic invites, do not name a bracket ‘Duke’, and nobody vote for Mike P. You could take all of the groupings (i.e. recurit, freshman, head coach) and make each into a conference. Winners of a late February vote from each conference get an automatic bid. That way, a new poster could have a shot at the Big Dance wihtout posting every day for 3 years.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;386962]Actually there is:

That can be arranged.[/QUOTE]

All I’m saying is that to be the best, you have to beat the best.

NNNPOY in a year that HP disqualifies himself from the tourney = NNPOY*

If I pull off a cinderella miracle, I don’t want an asterisk.

HP, don’t disqualify yourself… it’s for the good of the tournament.

Bump for the evening crowd.

2 years ago I made it to the Sweet 16, but last year I got a bad draw and went out in the first round. I’m ready to go deep this year.

If I make “Vote for Hooner49” buttons and hand out lollipops, think I could sneak some votes?

2 years ago I made it to the Sweet 16, but last year I got a bad draw and went out in the first round. [B]I'm ready to go deep this year.[/B]

That’s what she said.

It's just about time to start up the new round!

I’ll work a little different this year. Let’s see how this works:

I am accepting nominations in this fashion. I am still basically going to use the people who post the most, however it will be a modified list.
You may nominate, by PM, at most 5 people not in the list of top 64 posters that you belive should be (with reasons if you wish, it’ll won’t hurt). Also, by PM, nominate at most 3 people who are in the top 64 that you think shouldn’t be in the running (again, reasons don’t hurt).

From that list I’ll add and remove until it’s a decent looking list. Please have your nominations in by March 17, 2009.

I would also like suggestions on region names.
Could an admin start me a NNN POY 2009 Forum?

Finally: DISCUSS!

Bump for the reminder to PM.

Are you going to PM those who have been “de-nominated” from the field of 65?

I hope I get to stay in in the final field. I have been recruiting hard and have a freshmen that I expect to come up big in tourney time.

Are you going to PM those who have been "de-nominated" from the field of 65?
nope.
Looks like I might be a 16 seed with a possible 1st round matchup vs. Metro. I must be a SWAC team. Oh gawd. 2 years ago I was a 7 or 8 and whooped K-Town in the first round. Please don't bump me from the ranks with nominations. On the other hand, I could actually make some noise in the NNNIT.

Ideas: Past winners recieve automatic invites, do not name a bracket ‘Duke’, and nobody vote for Mike P. You could take all of the groupings (i.e. recurit, freshman, head coach) and make each into a conference. Winners of a late February vote from each conference get an automatic bid. That way, a new poster could have a shot at the Big Dance wihtout posting every day for 3 years.

My way, if you think a new poster is worthy, you can give him a vote. Which will be worth a good bit cause nobody else is PMing me.

Maybe one day I can be in the running for poster of the year, problem is, I don't post that much
You know the deal, start posting!
And/or make really good posts.

Do I have a reputation here? Does anybody recognize me when I post?

Did someone just post??

Clever:pout:

[Quote= ] [/Quote]

Hrm…that’s odd.

:biggrin:

Do I have a reputation here? Does anybody recognize me when I post?

You’ve got one of my favorite avatars on NNN.

Hey, kevin, am I in the top 64 posters? I think I was last year, so in theory…