NNN's University Logo Design Effort

Here’s mine:

[URL=http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=universityofcharlotteloga6.jpg][/URL]

That’s right, the Belk Tower!! Hate it, love it, it’s a great and known landmark on our campus.

Here's mine:

That’s right, the Belk Tower!! Hate it, love it, it’s a great and known landmark on our campus.

I love the Belk Tower, one of the most recognizable things on this campus. Love the look of it here, much better than I had.

Mind if I mess with the typeface?

Also, you broke one of the rules… you can’t change the name of the school.

I think the Alumni Association is on to something with their Norm logo, plus I get to hype spartyniner.

[QUOTE=NLP;339362]I think the Alumni Association is on to something with their Norm logo

[/QUOTE]

agree

Just messing around…

[URL=http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uclogoyf0.gif][/URL]

I love the Belk Tower, one of the most recognizable things on this campus. Love the look of it here, much better than I had.

Mind if I mess with the typeface?

Also, you broke one of the rules… you can’t change the name of the school.

Yeah, feel free to do so. I rushed the typeface at the end since vectorizing the belk tower took a bit of time.

Didn’t really read the initial post carefully so that’s why I missed that rule.

Using the Miner from the Alumni Association.

[QUOTE=J Felt;339398]Using the Miner from the Alumni Association.
[/QUOTE]

yes. i like it.

Using the Miner from the Alumni Association. [IMG]http://jfelt.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ulogo.jpg[/IMG]
i am calling this the winner.

I’ll try to post mine this evening since it wouldn’t work last night.

[QUOTE=NLP;339362]I think the Alumni Association is on to something with their Norm logo, plus I get to hype spartyniner.

[/QUOTE]
Forget the logo, we love our sparty! :wub:

[/QUOTE]

blocked ;x

I hate web filters.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;339414]blocked ;x

I hate web filters.[/QUOTE]

what he said

I think if we took the Alumni logo as is and replaced the top line with University of North Carolina at and then where it says Alumni put Charlotte with the fancy norm at the end it would be a tremendous logo and follow the direction athletics has gone with the logo and branding.

But I guess that makes too much sense of the powers to be…

[/QUOTE]

okay, I can see it now. That’s it. Clean it up just a tiny bit and you have the winner.

Is that green the official?

No one liked mine?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;339507]No one liked mine?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you incorporated too much green. Our vendors have proven that green doesn’t sell. Needs some more pink or red…

It’s a sad state of our University when a bunch of kids (though extremely talented) are MUCH better at designing an attractive and innovative school logo than some professional we probably paid thousands of dollars to do.

Most of the logos in this thread are light years ahead of anything the school has been able to come up with in recent years…especially considering that they claim to be looking for a logo change to improve branding and excitement.

Un-Freakin-Believable

Using the Miner from the Alumni Association. [IMG]http://jfelt.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ulogo.jpg[/IMG]

From a marketing perspective…

I like the miner logo. It looks nice. From a marketing perspective, what image does the miner portray to someone seeing our new logo for the first time? That’s the question.

When we’re designing our new logo, what overall image are we trying to portray? Do we want to highlight the “Charlotte” in “UNC Charlotte”? Then maybe the “Charlotte” does need to take up the most space with a large font. Are we trying to portray power? Growth? What do we want to portray? And subsequently, what image–be it a miner, belk tower, or otherwise–should and would complement our logo the best? Let’s make a checklist and incorporate those elements into our logo designs, and go from there.

From a marketing perspective...

I like the miner logo. It looks nice. From a marketing perspective, what image does the miner portray to someone seeing our new logo for the first time? That’s the question.

When we’re designing our new logo, what overall image are we trying to portray? Do we want to highlight the “Charlotte” in “UNC Charlotte”? Then maybe the “Charlotte” does need to take up the most space with a large font. Are we trying to portray power? Growth? What do we want to portray? And subsequently, what image–be it a miner, belk tower, or otherwise–should and would complement our logo the best? Let’s make a checklist and incorporate those elements into our logo designs, and go from there.

People read way too much into logos. I hear it all the time in Marketing classes how important logos are, but the most important thing is the brand.

Ultimately, the Miner/Belk Tower/Crown-Fountain would come to mean “UNC Charlotte.” So in essence, it could be anything you want, as long as the message is clear. Such-and-such means “UNC Charlotte.”

Preferably, the logo would represent something on campus, or something directly related to the U.

I just whipped mine up because someone mentioned that it would look nice. And yes, I think its the best idea (not mine) so far. Personally, I like logos that have something physical on campus represented artistically.

I’m rambling now I guess. But don’t think too hard about this. The logo for this school should be something better than polygons from the 1980s. Some shading would be nice.

Also, mine is bad because it can’t be reduced to business card size and still look legible. That’s another thing to consider.