NNR - What are the top advertising firms in Clt?

Fellas,

I was recently laid off and my wife will be finishing her degree next month. She’s a Corporate Communications major who wants to get into marketing or advertising. We are looking into relocating from the Memphis area to Charlotte since I can tell she’s unhappy here (no barbs please!). Since I will be out of work soon, I think now is as good a time as any to relocate. I shouldn’t have a problem getting work, but I’m wondering if any of you all could suggest some advertising-PR firms that my wife can research and possibly send a resume to.

Thanks fellas and if this needs to be moved to another board, that’s fine.

Fsquid, the Charlotte Business Journal does an annual “Book of Lists” that includes the top advertising agencies in Charlotte. Here’s the link:

Charlotte Business Journal Book of Lists

BTW, Wray Ward Laseter is the PR firm that my company uses. Here’s their link:

Wray Ward Laseter

Good luck!

Squid you’ll like it here. The houses are dirt cheap, the city is not too city, but not too country, and the drivers drive like idiots. Oh that’s a bad thing, but hey it’s better than pickpockets right?

We all drive like NASCAR wanna-bes… :lol:

Another 49er convert, glad you’ve seen the light squid. Seriously though, good luck on the search and the possible move.

Fsquid is a Queens Grad, he knows his way around Charlotte already.

Yup, I graduated in '02 and landed a job back home. Wife’s side of the family have had a few deaths in the last 4 or so months and its taken a toll on her. Frankly, I can give up the cheaper cost of living that Memphis has to make her happy. Now if I can get you guys to serve BBQ properly.

Plus, if I move, I’ll be emailing Lutz and Cal over and over begging for a home and home. :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 5 2005, 02:36 PM [b] Fsquid, the [i]Charlotte Business Journal[/i] does an annual "Book of Lists" that includes the top advertising agencies in Charlotte. Here's the link:

Charlotte Business Journal Book of Lists

BTW, Wray Ward Laseter is the PR firm that my company uses. Here’s their link:

Wray Ward Laseter

Good luck! [/b]

Excuse my manners, thanks for the two links. Very helpful.

Squid… I’ve worked with Loeffler Ketchum Mountjoy as a consultant a couple of years ago and they’re probably one of if not the top ad firm in Charlotte. Nice folks too.

http://www.lkmads.com/

Thanks Norman.

WHY do you want to live in this HELL hole? Seriously?!

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Apr 5 2005, 03:48 PM [b] WHY do you want to live in this HELL hole? Seriously?! [/b]
I take it that you've never been to Memphis. Charlotte is a really nice place to live...
[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum+Apr 5 2005, 03:57 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (CharlotteAlum @ Apr 5 2005, 03:57 PM)
[i]Originally posted by fsquid+Apr 5 2005, 03:59 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (fsquid @ Apr 5 2005, 03:59 PM)
Originally posted by CharlotteAlum@Apr 5 2005, 03:57 PM [b]

I’m sure my wife would agree with you.

Charlotte drivers wouldn’t stand a chance in the northeast. I learned to drive in Charlotte and was frustrated with some of the slowpokes that think yellow light means hit the gas. These people up here are maniacs when they get behind the wheel.

Up here, the second guy in line lays on the horn when he sees the cross-street light turn yellow.

“Merge left” means “1000 ft of high-speed breakdown lane left before you need to cut someone off to avoid hitting the jersey barrier.”

When there is no left turn signal, you can bet the first guy in the opposing left turn lane will gun it on green and cut you off before you reach the middle of the intersection.

We have “swoop and squat” scam artists on the expressways that will swerve in front of you when their accomplice cuts them off and hit the brakes to force a rear end collision. Imagine doing 75 mph one second and then for no apparent reason, every car on the highway locks their brakes and starts aiming for the median and shoulders to avoid the guy in front of them. Then you all get back on the highway like nothing happened, speed up to 75 mph and they try it on someone else a few minutes later. Loads of fun!

Tired of waiting to get through the tunnel or over the bridge? Jump the median. You didn’t need that muffler anyway.

NYC taxi drivers dont give a damn about dinging their taxis. They will get within an inch of your front quarter panel to cut you off.

Don’t even try to drive in Boston. The road network was laid out 300 years ago. You can drive for blocks without finding a one-way street that actually goes where you want to go. Before you know it, you’re on a bridge headed for Cambridge or Chelsea or somesuch place.

But I digress.

fsquid,

Hey I see you are thinking about relocating. I am a high school teacher here and I just got a kid from memphis. he is a big tiger fan, so we have a good time poking fun at each other.

But anyway, my wife is a real estate agent for a firm that specilizes in relocation. if you move happens let us know if you need an agent. She would be more than happy to help.

Her name is
Robin Senter
704-766-0244
robinsenter@aol.com

KWS

Thanks mate, I would be selling my home here and renting for the first few months in Charlotte since you guys overbuilt in the apartment area. I’ll keep her on file for when we purchase a home again. Thanks again fellas for being so helpful. I’m leaning towards moving, it will make her happy again and that’s all I need.

try Price McNabb…they used to be the #2 firm in the state.

[i]Originally posted by ninermike[/i]@Apr 5 2005, 08:43 PM [b] try Price McNabb....they used to be the #2 firm in the state. [/b]
Looks like they got acquired, but thanks for the tip.