No Big Name/Money Games in 13/14

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2010/10/guarantee-game-not-happening.html

I’m OK with that. Let’s enjot a season or two before we start getting ho’d out for cash.

I’m impressed we don’t need($$$$$$$$$$) one.

Same here. I just assumed a couple guarantee games were part of the financial plan all along.

Same here. I just assumed a couple guarantee games were part of the financial plan all along.[/quote]

that was the plan BEFORE you landed your new job.

Sucks, I had heard that we could have 2 FBS games in year one, bummer.

IMO, this sucks. IN the first 1-2 years no one expects anything from you, thus it would be nothing but a win for us. It also would garner us a LOT of attention and excitement in the fan base. To me this is the first BIG mistake we’ve made in football since it became official.

I’d rather lose game #11 in season 1 60-0 at Tennessee than win game #11 against Radford.

I think this is a little disappointing also. I see no problem with playing a couple of big schools early on… No one expects you to win. It gets your name out there in front of a larger audience, it will make local headlines, be fun for the fans, and we’d get a big check. Where is the downside? Its not like we are going to be competing for s national championship the firest couple of years…

You don’t want to take a team full of freshmen and sophomores into the type of place that would pay big bucks. I’m okay with getting experience against teams of our level before we go get our ass kicked against a national power.

Wow…I’m floored that anyone thinks going to UT would be bad in ANY way for this program. :o

I’ll be fine with that once we at least have some upperclassmen.

I’ll be fine with that once we at least have some upperclassmen.[/quote]We’ll bring in jucos and FBS transfers. We won’t be all freshmen & redshirt freshmen our first year

I’ll be fine with that once we at least have some upperclassmen.[/quote]We’ll bring in jucos and FBS transfers. We won’t be all freshmen & redshirt freshmen our first year[/quote]

Yeah, but we will be Freshman and Sophmore heavy. I’m not sure whether that played any part in the decision not to schedule FBS teams those 1st 2 years, but I could understand if it did. I think its a good sign that we don’t need to have one of these games and can be more selective.

why would we want to have a pay day of almost half a million? after all. we’ve already raised almost $7,000 with fsl sales.

[quote=“LakeNorman49er, post:14, topic:24099”]why would we want to have a pay day of almost half a million? after all. we’ve already raised almost $7,000 with fsl sales.[/quote]Guess they just haven’t told us about the private/corporate donations of 7 figures yet…

Same here. I just assumed a couple guarantee games were part of the financial plan all along.[/quote]

that was the plan BEFORE you landed your new job.[/quote]

LOL, yeah that’s it, now they’re expecting me to cut a fat check (which I will do, but it sure as hell won’t be seven figures!)

Falls in line with previous decisions.

Kind of like the theory behind a marching band and stadium lights - the Niners don’t need a big money game either.

To all of you who say our donors are cheap… Well apparently the school doesn’t want $.
WTF? We NEED the $. 1 or 2 games a year won’t kill us.

Falls in line with previous decisions.

Kind of like the theory behind a marching band and stadium lights - the Niners don’t need a big money game either.[/quote]

this makes me wonder about our long term plans for football.

Oh I know! Lights! ;D