No Charlotte-Davidson game

This is a day they will regret. Nothing short than a two-for-one in the future. Perhaps we should go the route we took with UNCG a few years back when their Chancellor complained about Charlotte getting an at large bid and they didn’t in basketball, refuse to play them in any sport for several years.

You will need the 49ers, sooner than later,

Davidson had the best team in their history last year and didn’t beat us.

They don’t want to play us!!

If we play in 2009-2010 it should be back in Halton.

This is why I keep my “Davidson…Just A Bunch of Husseys” t-shirt readily available.

• I know many of you have no idea why a Niner would have this shirt, but if you were around back in the day, you would understand.

[QUOTE]You know I’m probably going to get run off of NNN for asking this, but does the “community” of Charlotte really give two craps about Charlotte vs. Davidson[/QUOTE]

Hate to agree with this statement, but if the community DID CARE, this game would already have a set date and THIS STORY would not exist.

It is a fun game for those of us who have a connection to the schools…everyone else, well it depends what is going on that particular night.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;332914]Davidson scheduled a tournament after our game had already been scheduled. They are not willing to work this out. They do not want to play us, they can burn… That’s that.[/QUOTE]

Amen. (Sorry, I had to clean that up a bit to agree with it, but we’re on the same wavelength).

[QUOTE=HP49er;332939]This is a day they will regret. Nothing short than a two-for-one in the future. Perhaps we should go the route we took with UNCG a few years back when their Chancellor complained about Charlotte getting an at large bid and they didn’t in basketball, refuse to play them in any sport for several years.

You will need the 49ers, sooner than later,[/QUOTE]

Yep. And I hope we have caller ID and do not answer when they pick up the phone begging for our prior arrangement.

[QUOTE=Nugget;332942]If we play in 2009-2010 it should be back in Halton.[/QUOTE]

I would never offer them a game in Belk Holena again.

I never thought a SoCon team would have the gall to think they controlled the scheduling of a game against us. I hope this permanently ends the series. If they want to shoot down tradition, then we’ll put the final stranglehold on it.

[QUOTE]Davidson – coming off an Elite 8 appearance – is already committed to play in the Preseason NIT, the Wooden Classic, and the Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden. [/QUOTE]

3 separate national events in one year?..screw 'em. I will lose a lot of respect for Lutz if he works with McKillop to reach a compromise.

[QUOTE=Nugget;332942]If we play in 2009-2010 it should be back in Halton.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree! Next game is in Halton! They lost their next home date with us. It is so obvious that they backed out of this. I hope they don’t win a freaking game this year! Screw 'em!

Dear Coach Lutz:

Per Ken Pom’s RPI website, there are 341 schools in division 1. Go replace Davidson with anyone else. If they don’t want to play us, WE DON’T NEED TO PLAY THEM.

That is all.

This is incredibly disappointing to me. Why can’t we just have one solid rival? Every other school in the universe does.

This is a day they will regret. Nothing short than a two-for-one in the future. Perhaps we should go the route we took with UNCG a few years back when their Chancellor complained about Charlotte getting an at large bid and they didn't in basketball, refuse to play them in any sport for several years.

You will need the 49ers, sooner than later,

I fully endorse this. In fact, I have no interest in us playing them in any of the sports we own them in.

In fact, I have no interest in us playing them in any of the sports we own them in.
Isn't that every sport?

but wouldn’t have davidson been a solid RPI game for us this year? I know they paly in the SoCon, but their non-conference schedule looks legit?

it sucks this game isn’t goin down this year but at least we get to hold onto the hornets nest trophy for another year

Oh well. Ho humm. Time to move on.

I think I was looking forward to the Davidson game more than any other this year, just because it’s so much fun. I wish they could reach a compromise.

It’s kind of disappointing to not play our 1 rival.

From Davidsoncats.com

[QUOTE]Tom Petty won’t back down but what a coincidence that CLutz’ is taking the year off to play the cross town rival at their place, just after an Elite Eight run, Davidson going into the season ranked and with the best guard in the country and plenty of help at every position, in hostile Belk. He’s scared to get the 40 point thumping the Cat’s would serve them. What a bunch of crap about “it’s too much for my guys to play 5 away games in 10 days.” Scheduling conflicts!!?? I guarantee you that McKillop would do anything to play and beat those clowns and I am 100% sure of which party is not cooperating.

CLutz is a bad coach, a lousy leader for that matter, poor recruiter, and most recently a chicken-s#*t.[/QUOTE]

Coach Lutz…here is a reminder of “Davidson fan”. There is no reason for YOU to compromise with these twits.

Add a game to the schedule and move forward.

From Davidsoncats.com

Coach Lutz…here is a reminder of “Davidson fan”. There is no reason for YOU to compromise with these twits.

Add a game to the schedule and move forward.

Geez, Davidson fans are worse than Dallas Cowboys fans. How 'bout them Mildcats?

You are reading too much into Judy. It was not a shot at Bobby. It was an attempt to say if the coaching staffs cannot come into agreement perhaps it could be handled by outside parties (athletic directors). I'm sure if someone in the community took up the challenge that would be welcomed as well.

Jim

In honor of the Olympics, you get the gold medal in Sugar Coating.

In regards to the game itself, Davidson needs us more than we need them. Historically, our RPI has trumped theirs and it’s always a quality win when they’ve beaten us. You could even argue it was a quality loss on the many occasions we spanked them. Honestly, aside from the fun factor for the fans, it’s an expendable series. As MK mentioned, the community (outside of our schools) doesn’t give a crap about it and in terms of padding our resume, when has it? I’d rather use that slot for a team that is going to help us out come March. I’m also on board with only agreeing to a 2-for-1 (next game at Halton) should we decide to continue the Davidson series in 2009.

I’m all for a two home games for every one game in Davidson in the future. In fact if I had my way, I would like to[B] [U]never[/U] [/B]play in Davidson’s home arena again.:49ers:

[QUOTE=hky49er;332964]I’m all for a two home games for every one game in Davidson in the future. In fact if I had my way, I would like to[B] [U]never[/U] [/B]play in Davidson’s home arena again.:49ers:[/QUOTE]
I disagree. It’s fun to take over their little bandbox of a gymnasium. This was a very exciting game last year - it’s too bad we’re not playing them.