No NIL...you get this

This is what no nil gets you.

:man_shrugging:t3:

FWIW, there have been a number of lower level players transferring up to D-I programs, including P5 schools - Boise State, Davidson, and Minnesota right off the top of my head. While nothing new, just seems like more than usual this early in the cycle.

Absolutely. Im all for lower level guys at our level too but 5.5 ppg at d3 is minimsl production at lowest lovel.

2 Likes

Yet they won 27 games last year and went dancing the year before.

Were so far removed from being just good enough to make the tourney we act like it’s impossible.

Stunningly, Griff Aldridge is STILL available. He took a proper gram that was absolutely atrocious and has had them dancing twice.

1 Like

They had some nil when they won 27 games, they dont now.

No way he’s going be on scholarship. Those numbers at d-3 is basketball a walk on at a mid level div. 1

Just checking Coble’s stats at R-MC. Part of a ten player rotation on a 25-5 team this past season in which he was their second leading 3 point shooter. Won the NCAA D-III MBB national championship in 2022.

Anyway, most likely won’t be a part of the regular rotation at App. Gets reunited with his HS teammates, fills a scholarship, and makes his biggest contribution in practice and cheering from the bench on game day.

I am pretty sure Jackson Threadgill received NIL money to go to App.

I heard they have no nil, atm.

Since when is Davidson P5 :thinking:

I know schools were offering Jackson NIL money, but not sure App was one of them. Only assuming App did since he was getting offers.

Maybe threadgill just likes weed, beards and traffic?

1 Like

Ha! My daughter decided to go to RMC. It’s a good school, has a good football team. But yeah, not sure I’d want transfers from there, at least in BB.

Unreal. If he was getting NIL offers…this system is REALLY jacked up.

Maybe we offered App St some NIL funds to give to him to get him to leave.

That’s the only way that makes sense to me.

It is really going to be the same as it always has been for us. We cannot afford to “shop at the same stores” as everyone else. We are going to have to keep finding the diamonds in the rough and giving them the opportunity that they are looking for. The coaches recruiting ability is now going to be minimized because everyone is pretty much going to the highest bidder. Talent evaluation and development is going to be the key for us. Bring in a guy, develop them into a player, lose him after 2 years to $, then repeat.

2 Likes

Leader. Maybe their talent evaluation is suspect. Maybe they had just enough NIL that matched what he wanted. There’s a lot of factors at play.

Efficiency of a program in using their NIL funds is going to be critical moving forward. And some are going to be better than others.

It’s basically like the NBA now without the salary cap considering how involved the programs are now.

And despite the maturity of the NBA labor market and the sophistication of their talent evaluation programs, there is still wide variance in the results for different teams.

See the Bradley Beal situation in Phoenix.

Horrible move and horrible use of their cap.

Thats how most schools are. We arent rich but we have a lot more money than most, especially non p5s. Win, ad we can start shopping at bloomingdales instesd of Kohls

Its not even about winning. Kids don’t care about that anymore. They want $ and/or an opportunity to play.

4 Likes

You put a lot in winning - and in previous version of athletics I do think winning mattered. Now I really don’t think it matters since winning just gets use picked apart. We won’t be able to build anything long enough to move the needle in the city.

1 Like