North Texas Bonus Play Home Game 3-4-20 7:00 Tip

North Texas favored by 4 1/2. ESPN BPI Matchup Predictor gives us a 36.5% chance of winning.

Joe Namath guarantees that we win this game. Also that he will get all the benefits that he dee-SERVES.

Iā€™ll be surprised if we have 2500 attending this game. Looks like 400 maybe are here now. Pathetic.

See that Jackson Threadgill is here tonight

1 Like

Spring break is early this year. Itā€™s a shame.

1 Like

Who is this team???

No more negativity, always believe!

I certainly do!

1 Like

Great win by the Niners!! Balanced attack . Bench played well.

how does the tie breaker work> anyone know? if we tie with FIU?

Good win. Played well on both sides but still work to do on offense. Edwards needs to get out of his funk. Need his points. Such a roller coaster team but to get 13 wins at homeā€¦ canā€™t do much better for the home crowd except against better competition.

Not a good game for Bamba but prob not a great matchup against the size of the NT guy.

Brice Williams, hopefully he takes a big step forward on offense next year. Not liking what Iā€™m seeing from him on the offensive side so far. Hopefully just freshman nerves. So many times I want to see him take his guy to the basket.

We have the bye by virtue of our win and FIUā€™s loss.

1 Like

I agree based on the info below. It was 2018, but I donā€™t know if they changed it.

1. Between TWO teams
    a. Head to head
    b. If still tied, compare records versus teams with highest winning percentage in Conference play and descending order until tie is broken. When arriving at a set of tied teams (i.e., winning percentage) while comparing records, use each teamā€™s record versus the COLLECTIVE tied teams as a group (prior to that groupā€™s own tiebreaking process).

Wowā€¦NT was literally just going thru the motions. You could tell they had nothing to play for.

Decent game for us I guessā€¦very balanced which is good.

Brice was HUGE (literally ) double teaming the postā€¦heā€™s so long and quick to rotateā€¦he caused at least 3-4 TOā€™s on that alone. He still needs to get more bulldog in him offensively but that will come. This was his best game in a looooooong time may be his best all year.

Bamba did have a rough night and Supica still TWills 3-4 times per gameā€¦but then again, so does Shepherd. If we could ever exercise the TWill out of them weā€™d save 5-6 extra possessions per game!

HUGE for the direction of the program to set the home season win recordā€¦but Iā€™m a little disappointed this team has that record. A team like the 99-00 team you would think would have it but back then we were playing home games against Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, Marquetteā€¦and scheduling tough out of conference too I guess.

At least we are making progress and heading in the right direction. Still need to add some piecesā€¦maybe 2 more years from being able to stake our claim as the team to beat in CUSA but itā€™s coming.

best defense iā€™ve ever seen in halton. i understnad the nerves about brice but the guy missed a couple of shots by the slimmest of margins. i think he is just hesitant about shooting right now bc heā€™s not a main option. watch him in warmups, the kid has a nice shot. heā€™ll get there. he played okay today but he is still raw. what a well coached team. NT is super talented and well coached so this was impressive. proud of our staff and players.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great and all but watching Young and Williams on the offensive side is night and day. Maybe Williams needs the guaranteed minutes before he feels comfortable asserting himself more. Young, Williams and Carrawell are supposed to be the pieces that take us to the next level. So far Iā€™m confident with a 3rd of those pieces.

Brices shot seems to have a strange side spin to it.

Brice earned minutes tonight with his defense. As long as coach can trust he will bring the D every night and become a main part of rotation, he will be urged to be more aggressive on offense. Thatā€™s when heā€™ll start putting it together and become what I believe will be a major piece alongside Young.