North Texas just lost to...

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;199400]I still think that North Texas will go undefeated[/QUOTE]
I think so tooā€¦ LOL

Well, they were damn good when they played us, anyways.

In the first half of Charlotteā€™s game, North Texas shot 60%, including 73% for their 3-pointers.

By contrast, Mississippi Stateā€™s opponent (Loyola Marymount) shot 23% in the first half, including 0% for their 3-pointers.

Does anyone else ever get to the point where you ask yourself the question: Why do our opponents have such ā€œluckyā€ shooting performances against us?

[QUOTE=ChevEE;199395]Youā€™re not necessarily a bad fan. Not a good one, but not bad. The problem is that it is Thursday and I think this same post has been posted like 127 times! Move on people! Seriously, weā€™ve got LL tonight to get Coachā€™s reaction. And we play Syracuse in less than a week. Nothing against you Hootie, but Iā€™m really getting tired of these posts.[/QUOTE]
I would actually consider myself a very good fan. I live 2 1/2 hrs away and have attended probably 30 or games to last 3 or 4 years.

I donā€™t think being tired of losing to the North Texasā€™, LA- Lafayettes, ECUā€™s, and whomever else you care to mention makes you a bad (or not good fan).

Some of you guys donā€™t want to hear it, but a lot of us are getting tired of the Chuck and Duck offense we play and the total lack of D on the other end.

Please read this closely so you donā€™t mis-understand. ITā€™S NOT THAT WE LOST TO NORTH TEXAS. ITā€™S HOW WE LOST. PLAYING THIS STYLE- MORE TO COME.

I hope Iā€™m wrong and if so, when weā€™re, say, 15-3 later this year, meet me at Picassoā€™s before or after a game and Iā€™ll buy all the booze and apologize and admit I donā€™t know anything about the game. Hope to see in early Feb.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;199382]LOLā€¦good one.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same.

The interesting thing about those percentages you listed, they are almost unbelievable, because they probably donā€™t shoot those percentages in their half court sets in practice without a defense on their own practice court.

[QUOTE=hootie;199410]I hope Iā€™m wrong and if so, when weā€™re, say, 15-3 later this year, meet me at Picassoā€™s before or after a game and Iā€™ll buy all the booze and apologize and admit I donā€™t know anything about the game. Hope to see in early Feb.[/QUOTE]
Itā€™s only two games, give it until at least January 1st to put the whole season down. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. I too hope to see you at Picassos buying a round of beer in February. Sorry about the fan comment, Iā€™m just tired of the bandwagoners. Obvously with the time and money you invest, you have a right to be dissappointed.

Charlotte loses to North Texas, then NT loses to UT Arlington.

#3 Kansas loses to Oral Roberts after ORU lost to Loyola Marymount after LM got slammed by Mississippi State.

#14 Boston College loses to Vermont after VU got smoked by Maryland.

Projected NCAA participant DePaul opens season with back-to-back losses to Bradley and Northwestern.

Iā€™ll stop there.

Does anyone else ever get to the point where you ask yourself the question: Why do our opponents have such "lucky" shooting performances against us?

Because our defense allows 80% of the opponents shots to be uncontestedā€¦

Seriously.

[QUOTE=run49er;199436]Charlotte loses to North Texas, then NT loses to UT Arlington.

#3 Kansas loses to Oral Roberts after ORU lost to Loyola Marymount after LM got slammed by Mississippi State.

Projected NCAA participant DePaul opens season with back-to-back losses to Bradley and Northwestern.

Iā€™ll stop there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Run!

I don't know who K-Town is but the sad fact of the matter is that he is RIGHT.

We got punked AT HOME by a team that wonā€™t be .500% in a crappy league.

We may get better, I hope so, but right now weā€™re doing the same crap that has haunted us for the past few years. Jacking up bad 3ā€™s and not playing D.

We had a bad team with decent talent last year, we lost our last four two years ago (including to losing to a NCSU team in the tourney that we could and should have beaten.

Sorry if Iā€™m a bad fan, but the style weā€™re playing needs to change or itā€™s going to be another bad year.

Memo to the team and coaching staff- GUARD SOME FRIGGINā€™ BODY!!!

I totally agree with hootieā€¦

I am simply sick of seeing this EXACT same sh!t every year. We lose to awful teams because we REFUSE to play defense. Same 'ol, same 'olā€¦and itā€™s aggravating. And with history on my sideā€¦itā€™s easy to predict our season when we continue to perform the same way defensively each year.

Honestly, it seems like our defensive philosophy is: ā€œHope they missā€¦then try to get the rebound!ā€

Simply put:

Weā€™re giving up 86 pts per game (after playing 1 avg team and 1 below avg team) and we have a total of 15 assists thru those 2 gamesā€¦so how do you expect me to be optimistic (considering this is what has defined us for the last decade?!)

It was scheduled back to back b/c Coach thought NT would be a cupcake for usā€¦I guess he was wrongā€¦

[QUOTE=KTown49er;199443] Weā€™re giving up 86 pts per game (after playing 1 avg team and 1 below avg team) QUOTE]

That is why I never get too excited about our practice reports that always come in before the season. If you do not look like an offensive All American against our guys then there is a problem.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;199463][QUOTE=KTown49er;199443] Weā€™re giving up 86 pts per game (after playing 1 avg team and 1 below avg team) QUOTE]

That is why I never get too excited about our practice reports that always come in before the season. If you do not look like an offensive All American against our guys then there is a problem.[/QUOTE]
We do tend to give up a lot of career nights to opponents.

Just curious. I wonder how many career highs weā€™ve given up in the last 3 or 4 yrs. It could be none, but I doubt it.

[QUOTE=Savio;199449]It was scheduled back to back b/c Coach thought NT would be a cupcake for usā€¦I guess he was wrongā€¦[/QUOTE]

No it wasnā€™t. It was scheduled back to back because the NCAA made us move the Hofstra game from Wednesday to Saturday.

Arlington is the home of the Texas Rangers.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;199469]Arlington is the home of the Texas Rangers.[/QUOTE]
:confused: Another priceless post by SCK

[QUOTE=run49er;199436]Charlotte loses to North Texas, then NT loses to UT Arlington.

Iā€™ll stop there.[/QUOTE]

All of those teams have a chance to recover in a bigger way than we do.

Not saying we wont recover, just saying it is more of a fight for our team.

And the last few years we havenā€™t recovered so well.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;199443]Weā€™re giving up 86 pts per game (after playing 1 avg team and 1 below avg team) and we have a total of 15 assists thru those 2 gamesā€¦so how do you expect me to be optimistic (considering this is what has defined us for the last decade?!)[/QUOTE]
15 assists is poor, but realize that someone must also make a basket in order for an assist to occur. When you shoot 32.3% for the game, there arenā€™t too many opportunities for assists.

All of those teams have a chance to recover in a bigger way than we do.

Not saying we wont recover, just saying it is more of a fight for our team.

And the last few years we havenā€™t recovered so well.

Last year, we recovered well. Most years, we seem to have a disappointing start. I hope the ā€˜North Texas gameā€™ is like last yearā€™s ā€˜Wyoming gameā€™ and we get back on track.

Iā€™m still feeling about as even-keeled as I did before the season started. I figured this year would start off rawer than most years due to the amount of freshman coming in, the brand-new point guard, etc. Iā€™d just be less disappointed if we lost to North Texas because of mental lapses by newcomers off the bench and not because of poor defense by our starters.

Last year, we recovered well. Most years, we seem to have a disappointing start. I hope the 'North Texas game' is like last year's 'Wyoming game' and we get back on track.

more like the Northwestern gameā€¦