North Texas Post Game Thread

What a win for the Niners!! 103-79 over the Mean Green. They move to 6-6 in conference and 10-15 overall. They are at .500 in conference in February for the first time since 2014.
Some really fascinating numbers:
The Niners have put up 100+ points in back to back games for the first time since 1991 when they put up 108, 110, and 117 vs Clemson, WVU, and Navy respectively.
It was also the Niners 4th 100+ point game this season the most since 1991 when the Niners scored 100+ six times.
Last season we scored 100+ only once last year.
These guys are fun to watch! Really classy gesture by the players to go around after the game and high five the fans. This team is getting hot at the right time!!
[size=24pt]FORTY!!![/size]

I’ve already forgotten. What were the names of the players that left during the offseason. Today’s game was another fun game to watch.

I’ve forgotten too. Now onto road games with Marshall and WKU…I think we’ll take both those games too.

Price has the team playing very good basketball. Very fun to watch. Not only are we winning, we have essentially dominated the last couple of games.

Of course, when a team hits 10+ 3s at pretty much a 60% clip (10/17 at one point I believe), it definitely helps. When we have 3 guys that are hot each night, we are dangerous.

The passing on the inside from between Uchebo, Vanhook and Benas is very good.

Attendance was disappointing.

[quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30175”]Price has the team playing very good basketball. Very fun to watch. Not only are we winning, we have essentially dominated the last couple of games.

Of course, when a team hits 10+ 3s at pretty much a 60% clip (10/17 at one point I believe), it definitely helps. When we have 3 guys that are hot each night, we are dangerous.

The passing on the inside from between Uchebo, Vanhook and Benas is very good.

Attendance was disappointing.[/quote]
Attendance was a bit disappointing, but I’ll be there regardless next Thursday night. If the Niners take these next two games I bet there is a good crowd for UTSA.
I told d_whitley that if we win they will come, and they will.

Just received this email

With today's 103-79 victory over North Texas, Coach Mark Price and the 49ers have posted back-to-back 100+ point games and have now won 6 of the past 8 contests. Two home games remain and we have a special limited-time offer for you, family and friends.

LIMITED TIME OFFER!!
With the 49ers scoring 100+ points in consecutive games, the 49ers Ticket Office is offering 49% off the regular price of tickets for the next 100 hours for Green and Black Zone seating in Halton Arena for the final two home games.

Charlotte vs. UTSA, Thursday, February 25 at 7:00pm - BUY.TICKETS NOW!

Charlotte vs. UTEP, Saturday, February 27 at 7:00pm - BUY TICKETS NOW!

Offer only valid online and ends at 11:30pm EST on Wednesday, February 17.

Feel free to forward to family, friends and colleagues.

As always, Wear Green and Go Niners!

Attendacne was decent excluding the students. Couldn’t have been more than 150 students there today.

The groups they’ve been bringing in on Saturdays has helped fill the upper levels up some at least.

Willie 37% FT Clayton

nah. a year late.

[size=7]Niners!!! [/size][size=4]I did not want to leave Nineralum18 hanging[/size] :))

49er FTs - 82%

There are no words.

Yeah, I forgot too. But when Big Joe leaves it may jog my memory.

Thank you bud! LOL :smiley:

Interesting outcomes tonight.
Rice beat ODU at ODU and La Tech took down conference leader UAB.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:14, topic:30175”]Interesting outcomes tonight.
Rice beat ODU at ODU and La Tech took down conference leader UAB.[/quote]

Stuff like this gives me hope. There’s a decent chance that we could win the conference if we keep up this pace and make the tournament. Now that would be a change from what we were expecting at the beginning of the season!

The notion of thought that you can’t get better at free throws goes out the window if you watch the way Big Joe has improved at the line from beginning of season to now. The difference in his free throw is incredible.

22 assists to 9 turnovers is music to my ears. We had much more experience at the guard position last year and turned it over all the time, good to see what actual coaching does for ball control.

I would start talking with Price about a raise and an extension tomorrow.

Not to mention his scoring and rebounding. I hope the word is getting out: Charlotte develops players.

[quote=“49r9r, post:17, topic:30175”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article60274166.html[/quote] I knew it had been a long time since we had consecutive 100 point games. Did not realize it had been over a thousand years, though. (Dec of 1009).

Guess proofreading ain’t their thang.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:19, topic:30175”][quote=“49r9r, post:17, topic:30175”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article60274166.html[/quote] I knew it had been a long time since we had consecutive 100 point games. Did not realize it had been over a thousand years, though. (Dec of 1009).

Guess proofreading ain’t their thang.[/quote]
Beat me to the punch on calling out that one. Hopefully if we win enough we could get our own beat writer.