Northwestern coach's postgame comments

[QUOTE]LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) – Northwestern coach Bill Carmody didn’t complain Monday about the winning performance of his players.

“Tonight I didn’t even have to coach them that much,” he said after beating Charlotte 61-47 in the semifinals of the Black Coaches Association Invitational.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

thats because we beat ourselves honestly. You can’t expect to win of shooting less than 30% in a half. What happened to the guys who shot 60% sunday?

What happened to the guys who shot 60% sunday?

They realized they weren’t playing Coppin State and folded up. :weep:

but still you don’t get that cold that fast no matter who you are. Honestly i don’t like the “experimental rules”. We had about 3, 2-pointers yesturday that could have been counted as threes.

I hope Coach is putting that quote on his bulletin board in his office. That’s pathetic to suggest that we weren’t even in the game enough for them to sweat it out.
I know the quote is referring to the previous game (in that their coach had some problems getting them to do what he wanted), but still…

It would be great to see the box score when he beat us at Princeton with the one last night, I bet he did the exact same thing to us.

The amount of points we scored was virtually the same.

Did any of you guys see AF play last year ? If so, those Richmond games are going to be scary for us.

Honestly i don't like the "experimental rules". We had about 3, 2-pointers yesturday that could have been counted as threes.

Please do not use that as an excuse. Same goes for saying we were without DA should we choke tonight.

We can’t blame anything on experimental rules, we still lost that game. But if we look at the rules, they hurt teams that run fast paced perimeter games. Teams like us.

We had no excuse to lose last night, but I think that if the NCAA is trying to slow the game of college basketball down, they have found the right rules to impliment.

i am not using it as an excuse. I think they should keep it the way it is normally. Too much change in one season is bad enough as is. Referring to all the new penalties. So i just don’t like the new lay out of the floors.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;139507]but still you don’t get that cold that fast no matter who you are. Honestly i don’t like the “experimental rules”. We had about 3, 2-pointers yesturday that could have been counted as threes.[/QUOTE]

Okay, then we would have only lost by 14 instead of 17. Much better!

By the way after last nights win Northwestern is #1 in todays RPI.

They are probably going to have a very good year.

Actually they are a sleeper on a few of the experts brackets…

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;139529]Actually they are a sleeper on a few of the experts brackets…[/QUOTE]

So were we.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;139514]
Did any of you guys see AF play last year ? If so, those Richmond games are going to be scary for us.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will. The SLU game suddenly looks less ominous than the two games against the Spiders.

Oh, that Bill Carmody thinks hes so smart…

"Tonight I didn't even have to coach them that much," he said after beating Charlotte 61-47 in the semifinals of the Black Coaches Association Invitational.

So what?..Bobby didnt do much coaching last night either! And, Bobby probably did less coaching before the season than him to! This guy is trying to say he puts less effort into coaching than Lutz! Give me a break! I bet he coaches more in his sleep than Bobby does in practice! So what do you think about that Mr. Bill Carmody? UNC Charlotte will undercoach you anyday!

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;139502]Ouch.[/QUOTE]

how about them wildcats?

sorry. couldn’t resist.

[QUOTE=gruehls;139600]how about them wildcats?

sorry. couldn’t resist.[/QUOTE]

Get lost.

[QUOTE=49erpi;139606]Get lost.[/QUOTE]

get found.

wait; don’t.

wander aimlessly for eternity.

hey gruels any chance cincy has an interest in our coach?

[QUOTE=dejavu;139618]hey gruels any chance cincy has an interest in our coach?[/QUOTE]

howdy deja. not really sure your coach is interested. he did a heckuva job at the huggs roast though.

his name has popped up. i think many bearcat fans would like to see skip prosser take a run at it, despite the xavier connection.

if he’s interested, i hope bobby’s seriously considered. he always gave huggs a run for his money.