Now Listening to...

What the thread title says. Post album covers, links to mp3’s, videos, whatever is currently getting you through the day…

I’ve been on a soundgarden tip lately. Oh, and Stetsasonic. Stet is perhaps the best unsung old school rapp group.

:smiley:

His bands and solo work have been hit and miss, but Chris Cornell has a killer rock voice, I don’t care what anyone else says. He’s awesome.

It also doesn’t hurt that he reveres some of the same guys/bands that I do.

Bring Me the Horizon - “There is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.”

This Or The Apocalypse - “Haunt What’s Left”

Those are some crazy album covers.

Don’t hate me, but the bottom one makes me think of The Last Unicorn… hahahah

OMG I love that Superdrag album so much! Amazing to think that they actually had a video on MTV way back when.

Listening to these so far this week…

Bon Iver FTMFW

Yes, too.

Casstommy, you da man!

Superdrag has the Regrettfully Yours lineup back together. They are still solid live, but they are missing the booze fueled fired that John used to bring. Newest album was alright, but I (in the minority I know) loved Last Call for Vitriol. Feeling Like I Do is a song I wish I had written.

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:24025”]Bring Me the Horizon - “There is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.”
[/quote]

love bmth

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:11, topic:24025”][quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:24025”]Bring Me the Horizon - “There is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.”
[/quote]

love bmth[/quote]

Wasn’t a huge fan of any of their previous work (a few songs off Suicide Season were ok) but this album is far and away their best. The guitar playing is a noticeable step up (thanks to the addition of that dude from I Killed The Prom Queen) and the song writing as a whole is much better. The lyrics are still pretty much garbage but I can get past it because his voice is wicked. Also of note, Fredrik Nordstrom is really starting to come into his own as a producer, his latest credits have been ridiculously better than his previous work. On that note, you’d probably love this band (also produced by Nordstrom)

SNS might be my favorite metalcore album of 2010 thusfar.

Beach Side Property
Modest Mouse
This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

I have to say this is one of the toughest albums I’ve heard!

August Burns Red - “Composure”

Then this will cook your noodle… the copy I have on my desk right now is Japanese. Apparently, it sold for 2,400 Yen back in the day…

I have a live bootleg of Bon Iver that I listen to sometimes. No idea where/when it’s from. It’s just a blank CD. It’s good though.

[quote=“jfickett, post:12, topic:24025”][quote=“HXC Niner, post:11, topic:24025”][quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:24025”]Bring Me the Horizon - “There is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.”
[/quote]

love bmth[/quote]

Wasn’t a huge fan of any of their previous work (a few songs off Suicide Season were ok) but this album is far and away their best. The guitar playing is a noticeable step up (thanks to the addition of that dude from I Killed The Prom Queen) and the song writing as a whole is much better. The lyrics are still pretty much garbage but I can get past it because his voice is wicked. Also of note, Fredrik Nordstrom is really starting to come into his own as a producer, his latest credits have been ridiculously better than his previous work. On that note, you’d probably love this band (also produced by Nordstrom)

SNS might be my favorite metalcore album of 2010 thusfar.[/quote]

I just listened to it on youtube and I must say I can dig it. I’m gonna have to go get that album! Good call!

Wow! now that takes me to back in the day! Excellent CD, although I prefer Science. I remember seeing them with Korn and Orgy at Independence Arena (Bojangles) back in '98. What a show.

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:14, topic:24025”]

I have to say this is one of the toughest albums I’ve heard!

August Burns Red - “Composure”[/quote]

I’ve been an ABR fan since “Thrill Seeker”

Have you seen their new live DVD?
anndddd…

are you on last.fm?

friend request me if you are. http://www.last.fm/user/jfickett