Oak Hill vs Central Cabarrus game

Has been moved to 3 on Friday because they are still in the playoffs(football).

http://www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us/central/mensbasketball.htm

Bump for those who may have not hear/seen about the change.

For those that can go… It’s too early for me…

Central Cabarrus is on Highway 49 in Cabarrus County.
For those that know this area, it’s just over a mile beyond the turn for Frank Liske Park. School is on the right hand side as you drive from Charlotte to Cabarrus County.

http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/?e=9&GetMapDirect=Gme5diw%2ca%3a9u12%3b%40%24xd%2db0qr72%26%3dy2%214yxd67%3a96%40sd48sd%40y%26uw20gy%24xur7n%26u2gu%2c2%3a9672%3b%40b20w%24%3a%26%40%24xd%2db0qr72%26%3dy2%214yxd67%3a%26%4025u6%40l%3b%40zauu%24%3a

Here’s a Mapquest of it. And yes, that’s the same Rocky River Road that runs through Charlotte.

HALF-TIME SCORE

Oak Hill 76
CC 35

OMG!!!

anyone have a run down of the game???

Me and a few friends were at the game. Let’s just say it got out of control. To begin with, in the warm ups Beasley stood at the half court line and was consistently draining jump shots. He had some disgusting dunks, my fav was one thru the legs 360.

As far as the game goes, Central Cabarus never had a shot. Beasley pretty much dominated down low, scoring at will. Didn’t get to see much of his game other than his dunk arsenal, and his ability to score at the basket. He jammed his finger in the first quarter, and it irritated him the whole game. Nolan Smith looked solid. He had a consistent outside shot, was very quick with the ball, and had a disgusting alley where he had to go WAY back and grab it. Lawson, the guy going to Carolina next year looked very good. He was quick, either drove to the basket everytime, or drained the three. The only thing i can say for Lawson is that he didn’t look to pass the ball much at all, maybe 4 assists in the game. As you can figure, with them outmatching CC there wasn’t a whole lot of defense on Oak Hill’s part, and the game was a little sloopy at times. But from what I saw Beasley is a beast in down low, and has a very good shot. What most impressed me was his size and build for a junior. He is extremely athletic, and can jump out of the gym.

By the way, Ish Smith was much more impressive than i had imagined. He doesn’t look like much at first sight, but he is very quick and smart when the ball is in his hands. He went down crying and screaming while grabbing his knee in the 4th quarter, but proceeded to walk off the court, and come back in the game. Big scare for all the fans, but he’s fine.

oh yeah, the final score was Oak Hill 134 Central C. 76

I sat right behind the Oak Hill bench.I was really impressed with Beasley.He is better than advertised if that is possible.He was by far the best player on the court.The Niners are getting a jewel.

Enjoy this kid while you can. He will never play one minute in NINER green. If he does not go pro out of HS, he will go to another school unless Delonte is our head coach and maybe not then.

Agree. When I see him suited up in a niners uniform, then I will believe.

[QUOTE=49er1;140283]If he does not go pro out of HS[/QUOTE]

How is he going to go pro? Go to the D-League for a year? Why would he(they) do that…only about 800 see your game, no press, no tv, etc. You would showcase your game better in college.

Also, can a HS kid even good from HS to the D-league? That’s still pros/part of the NBA.

Beasley finished with 21. Nolan Smith 15, Ish Smith 30 and Lawson 33. Box score in the observer but couldn’t find a story. Langston and the other prep writers were probably covering football play-offs.

Box score:[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/13208998.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/13208998.htm[/URL]

Beasley needs one or two years out of high school. He can’t play pro ball the year after high school unless it’s overseas. He could go the 5th yr prep route.

49er 1, I havent seen anything against this kid coming yet.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;140289]Beasley finished with 21. Nolan Smith 15, Ish Smith 30 and Lawson 33. Box score in the observer but couldn’t find a story. Langston and the other prep writers were probably covering football play-offs.

Box score:[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/13208998.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/13208998.htm[/URL]

Beasley needs one or two years out of high school. He can’t play pro ball the year after high school unless it’s overseas. He could go the 5th yr prep route.[/QUOTE]

Mitch Baldwin played with him this summer and he says Beasley could play in the NBA now. Said he was unstoppable.

Like 49er1 posted. I will be shocked if he plays here. We’ve seen talent verbal here before and we all should know how meaningless a verbal is these days, no matter what they say.

Well, pi said it. I guess we need to start looking for someone to fill Beasley’s spot.

was bobby/delonte or anyone else at the game

[QUOTE=ninerID;140294]Well, pi said it. I guess we need to start looking for someone to fill Beasley’s spot.

was bobby/delonte or anyone else at the game[/QUOTE]

Half the board thinks he won’t play here but you jump on me. Outstanding.

I have actaully had some credible sources they they don’t think he will ever play here. What are you going on besides your worthless opinion?

Yes bobby was there…trying to learn how to coach by watching a high schol team.

i jump on you b/c unlike the 50% of the board that doesnt think he’ll come here, they have made a valid point or two on this board before on other things. And more people on this board think you are a jackass than the number that doubt beasley will come here.

Anyways, I am going to watch a full day of college football featuring nearly every college/university in the nation but ours.

Sony Vacaro said this summer, Beasley is the best recruit to ever come out of the DC area, he is that good.

As a result of how good he is people are speculating he will not play in college, but with Oden (sp?) Oh State, playing 1 year and being the 1st pick in the draft. I would bet Beasley comes for one year and plays and then can potentially be the 1st pick in the next year.

[QUOTE=ninerID;140297]i jump on you b/c unlike the 50% of the board that doesnt think he’ll come here, they have made a valid point or two on this board before on other things. And more people on this board think you are a jackass than the number that doubt beasley will come here.

Anyways, I am going to watch a full day of college football featuring nearly every college/university in the nation but ours.[/QUOTE]

I must have over looked your glowing reputation and extensive history of compelling and informative posts… like your latest suggestion that the board be renamed “doubtingthomasnation.net”. You’re a real firecracker.

good call amnesiac.

Why would he go the prep route or even the D-League (dont think you can). Or why would all of a sudden choose another school? The whole reason he has choosen Charlotte because as soon as he comes here he knows he is going to be the go to guy as a freshman and have a chance to put up 20 and 10 and be a freshman of the year candidate, so why would he choose another school?

Also he has already had a big part in Tatum and Harmon coming here aswell, after telling those guys and whoever else to come to Charlotte and then backing out would be pretty stupid.

For wot its worth I think Beasley might only play one year here and then go to the NBA, but who knows. We might make a run the tourney and then fall short and Mike might decide to stay another year and then enter the draft. OJ Mayo and Bill Walker might go 1 and 2 in '08, Beasley could stay and extra year and be number 1 in '09.

I know if ages away but im still excited about having Mike Beasley here and im gunna follow him wotever he does.