Observer face plant. A10 baseball tourny

So I’m headed to opening round of a10 tourny with group of old players. Excited to see first conf tourny at home since we hosted the final 1995 Metro tourny here, covered by Tom Sorensen and Stan Olson in person. I looked at Oberver today for some kind of preview? One piece on Seager was ok. But not one bracket, how to find Hayes or tix, nor list of teams or preview.

I can assure you when D1 baseball tourneys happen in other towns, all the above Is in the local paper. Shame on everyone involved at Observer and I wager our meek “please sir can I have another” SID staff.

Inexcusable. Do the basic nuts and bolts every other paper does. Here is a link to the Houston Chronicle CUSA preview.

This is exactly why local athletes rarely want to play a sport here. If the Observer can’t perform basic functions every paper in America does, don’t allow them on site. Someone needs to grow a set.

clt pages ninermike on line 4.

Sunbelt spread for conf tourny

www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130522/SPORTS0204/305220006/Sun-Belt-Tournament-Capsules

ninermike in 5-4-3-2-1…

Maybe he can send me the link when we went to Clemson and the slides had 12 pics of Clemson and 4 of us

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:1, topic:27806”]So I’m headed to opening round of a10 tourny with group of old players. Excited to see first conf tourny at home since we hosted the final 1995 Metro tourny here, covered by Tom Sorensen and Stan Olson in person. I looked at Oberver today for some kind of preview? One piece on Seager was ok. But not one bracket, how to find Hayes or tix, nor list of teams or preview.

I can assure you when D1 baseball tourneys happen in other towns, all the above Is in the local paper. Shame on everyone involved at Observer and I wager our meek “please sir can I have another” SID staff.

Inexcusable. Do the basic nuts and bolts every other paper does. Here is a link to the Houston Chronicle CUSA preview.
www.chron.com/sports/rice/

This is exactly why local athletes rarely want to play a sport here. If the Observer can’t perform basic functions every paper in America does, don’t allow them on site. Someone needs to grow a set.[/quote]
Absolutley could not agree more. Travesty.

AD needs to be on the phone raising hell with these guys. Better idea might to be calling Tom Sorenson and giving him an “exclusive” interview to air grievances about coverage by the O. He would probably oblidge. He hates his own paper and loves tweaking their nose.

Are you gents ready for mikey to come in and go ape $hit on ya’ll about bad mouthing his beloved absorber? ;D

Yes

Ill be out there today, hope we get a lot of Niners there even w lack of coverage!!

Yes[/quote]

Nah I won’t go apeshit on this one. I think the complaint has merit. My carrier replaced my Observer with the Wall St. Journal this morning so I’ve got no coverage other than what’s online. A summary of the tournament and teams is definitely warranted and wouldn’t have demanded too much space. Btw…can’t you come up with a better knock than Absorber? How about Disturber?

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.

I have no doubt the regular Niner baseball fans will be there, but the lack of info probably prohibits us from having many casual local fans that may have decided to go check us out. Of course, if we had new local fans show up, they might decide they wanted to come back in future seasons, not to mention the fact they would see our new football facility and may decide to check out a Niner football game. Then, there are also the race fans in town looking for something to do.

I know Mike P and Niner Mike have always argued it is not the Observer’s responsibility to inform the public about our school, but I have always found it funny that every other newspaper in the country loves to cover their local schools because that sells more papers.

Yes[/quote]

Nah I won’t go apeshit on this one. I think the complaint has merit. My carrier replaced my Observer with the Wall St. Journal this morning so I’ve got no coverage other than what’s online. A summary of the tournament and teams is definitely warranted and wouldn’t have demanded too much space. Btw…can’t you come up with a better knock than Absorber? How about Disturber?

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.[/quote]Blah. . . blah. . . blah . . . excuses. . .excuses, got to hand it to you, mikey with a “tramp stamp”. You do have “cojónes” (unless in your part of the world, you called it cahone because you have only one; no wonder you’re always mad when some of us Niners crap on your absorber) ;D keep on defending the loser. Absorber (bird cage lining, got it??) . . .disturber and you . . .suck the big fat GREEN weennie. Carry on, rook . . .

Why do we keep complaining about this “news” paper that continues to show they just don’t care?

At this point, I don’t even want their coverage. Screw them.

Yes[/quote]

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.[/quote]Blah. . . blah. . . blah . . . excuses. . .excuses, got to hand it to you, mikey with a “tramp stamp”. You do have “cojónes” (unless in your part of the world, you called it cahone because you have only one; no wonder you’re always mad when some of us Niners crap on your absorber) ;D keep on defending the loser. Absorber (bird cage lining, got it??) . . .disturber and you . . .suck the big fat GREEN weennie. Carry on, rook . . .[/quote]

Please tell me that you aren’t a 46 year old Charlotte grad and just a outside fan of the program. If you are a Charlotte grad than my degree is losing value every time you post here.

This we can all agree on!! Don’t forget to follow on Twitter @Diamond9erFans

Yes[/quote]

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.[/quote]Blah. . . blah. . . blah . . . excuses. . .excuses, got to hand it to you, mikey with a “tramp stamp”. You do have “cojónes” (unless in your part of the world, you called it cahone because you have only one; no wonder you’re always mad when some of us Niners crap on your absorber) ;D keep on defending the loser. Absorber (bird cage lining, got it??) . . .disturber and you . . .suck the big fat GREEN weennie. Carry on, rook . . .[/quote]

Please tell me that you aren’t a 46 year old Charlotte grad and just a outside fan of the program. If you are a Charlotte grad than my degree is losing value every time you post here.[/quote]
Lo siento mucho, pendejo. I didn’t know my posts hurt your piece of toilet paper from unc-cheat. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes[/quote]

Please tell me that you aren’t a 46 year old Charlotte grad and just a outside fan of the program. If you are a Charlotte grad than my degree is losing value every time you post here.[/quote]
Lo siento mucho, pendejo. I didn’t know my posts hurt your piece of toilet paper from unc-cheat. :p[/quote]

Request for you 89: Please do not wear Niner gear in public, talk about the Niners in public or let anyone know that you have any affiliation with UNC Charlotte. I used to believe that even bad pr was good pr but you’ve changed my mind.

I think this is what pisses off some of the Observer apologists (including you-know-who). They think we are supposed to support a paper that does not support us.

Give us the support, keep the support coming our way, convince us it will not change, and my guess is Niner Nation (and not just this message board) will support the O a great deal more.

I think this is what pisses off some of the Observer apologists (including you-know-who). They think we are supposed to support a paper that does not support us.

Give us the support, keep the support coming our way, convince us it will not change, and my guess is Niner Nation (and not just this message board) will support the O a great deal more.[/quote]

Since you are referring to me I’ll tell you that you are absolutely wrong. I have always said to not support the paper if you are unsatisfied. Cancel your subscription and quit the bitching (if you even subscribe). Its’ funny how a post on the Observer coverage of the tournament has actually trumped the actual post for the tournament. If our own board is not ramped up about the tournament why should the Observer be? (2 actual posts in the baseball thread today at the time of this one)

I really don’t care if you support the O or not. I just get tired of hearing about it over and over and over and over.

Give us the support, keep the support coming our way, convince us it will not change, and my guess is Niner Nation (and not just this message board) will support the O a great deal more.[/quote]

Since you are referring to me I’ll tell you that you are absolutely wrong. I have always said to not support the paper if you are unsatisfied. Cancel your subscription and quit the bitching (if you even subscribe). Its’ funny how a post on the Observer coverage of the tournament has actually trumped the actual post for the tournament. If our own board is not ramped up about the tournament why should the Observer be? (2 actual posts in the baseball thread today at the time of this one)

I really don’t care if you support the O or not. I just get tired of hearing about it over and over and over and over.[/quote]

Tim did a good job in the thread title to make you understand he was disappointed with the Observer. Don’t complain about hearing about something over and over when you keep clicking the links.