Observer face plant. A10 baseball tourny

Yes[/quote]

Nah I won’t go apeshit on this one. I think the complaint has merit. My carrier replaced my Observer with the Wall St. Journal this morning so I’ve got no coverage other than what’s online. A summary of the tournament and teams is definitely warranted and wouldn’t have demanded too much space. Btw…can’t you come up with a better knock than Absorber? How about Disturber?

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.[/quote]Blah. . . blah. . . blah . . . excuses. . .excuses, got to hand it to you, mikey with a “tramp stamp”. You do have “cojónes” (unless in your part of the world, you called it cahone because you have only one; no wonder you’re always mad when some of us Niners crap on your absorber) ;D keep on defending the loser. Absorber (bird cage lining, got it??) . . .disturber and you . . .suck the big fat GREEN weennie. Carry on, rook . . .[/quote]

Please tell me that you aren’t a 46 year old Charlotte grad and just a outside fan of the program. If you are a Charlotte grad than my degree is losing value every time you post here.[/quote]
Lo siento mucho, pendejo. I didn’t know my posts hurt your piece of toilet paper from unc-cheat. :p[/quote]

Request for you 89: Please do not wear Niner gear in public, talk about the Niners in public or let anyone know that you have any affiliation with UNC Charlotte. I used to believe that even bad pr was good pr but you’ve changed my mind.[/quote]
Aw! you’re upset. Your request is granted since I don’t want you to blow a head gasket or something. But, let me see if I can dig and find my . . . to wear to the game this afternoon. ;D [font=comic sans ms][size=2em]Go Niners![/size][/font] Beat the Spiders.

I think this is what pisses off some of the Observer apologists (including you-know-who). They think we are supposed to support a paper that does not support us.

Give us the support, keep the support coming our way, convince us it will not change, and my guess is Niner Nation (and not just this message board) will support the O a great deal more.[/quote]

Since you are referring to me I’ll tell you that you are absolutely wrong. I have always said to not support the paper if you are unsatisfied. Cancel your subscription and quit the bitching (if you even subscribe). Its’ funny how a post on the Observer coverage of the tournament has actually trumped the actual post for the tournament. If our own board is not ramped up about the tournament why should the Observer be? (2 actual posts in the baseball thread today at the time of this one)

I really don’t care if you support the O or not. I just get tired of hearing about it over and over and over and over.[/quote]

Tim did a good job in the thread title to make you understand he was disappointed with the Observer. Don’t complain about hearing about something over and over when you keep clicking the links.[/quote]

I agreed with his viewpoint but was pulled into this thread by a few posters obsession with me. It’s when the Observer becomes a part of every other thread discussed on the board that it becomes tiring. The Observer for many on here is just something to gripe about as they stand around the NNN water cooler. Most complaints are not relevant to the current thread and demonstrate an “us vs. them” mentality or even a victim mentality.

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:1, topic:27806”]So I’m headed to opening round of a10 tourny with group of old players. Excited to see first conf tourny at home since we hosted the final 1995 Metro tourny here, covered by Tom Sorensen and Stan Olson in person. I looked at Oberver today for some kind of preview? One piece on Seager was ok. But not one bracket, how to find Hayes or tix, nor list of teams or preview.

I can assure you when D1 baseball tourneys happen in other towns, all the above Is in the local paper. Shame on everyone involved at Observer and I wager our meek “please sir can I have another” SID staff.

Inexcusable. Do the basic nuts and bolts every other paper does. Here is a link to the Houston Chronicle CUSA preview.
www.chron.com/sports/rice/

This is exactly why local athletes rarely want to play a sport here. If the Observer can’t perform basic functions every paper in America does, don’t allow them on site. Someone needs to grow a set.[/quote]

You can tell the writer has not been to many, if any, games this year. Seager has not played 1 inning of CF this season.

Ninermike, why can’t you grasp that niner fans just want as much 49er coverage as possible? Yes, we can cancel or subscription to the observer. But that doesn’t solve wanting as much coverage as possible.

Yes[/quote]

Nah I won’t go apeshit on this one. I think the complaint has merit. My carrier replaced my Observer with the Wall St. Journal this morning so I’ve got no coverage other than what’s online. A summary of the tournament and teams is definitely warranted and wouldn’t have demanded too much space. Btw…can’t you come up with a better knock than Absorber? How about Disturber?

The Observer is a business entity so you have every right to 1) cancel your subscription http://www.charlotteobserver.com/circulation/2) email David Scott (althought the article wasn’t a David Scott contribution) or Mike P. 3) Get your baseball news elsewhere. If you aren’t following Diamond Niner fans on Facebook they are probably the best overall resource for Niners baseball.[/quote]Blah. . . blah. . . blah . . . excuses. . .excuses, got to hand it to you, mikey with a “tramp stamp”. You do have “cojónes” (unless in your part of the world, you called it cahone because you have only one; no wonder you’re always mad when some of us Niners crap on your absorber) ;D keep on defending the loser. Absorber (bird cage lining, got it??) . . .disturber and you . . .suck the big fat GREEN weennie. Carry on, rook . . .[/quote]

Please tell me that you aren’t a 46 year old Charlotte grad and just a outside fan of the program. If you are a Charlotte grad than my degree is losing value every time you post here.[/quote]
Lo siento mucho, pendejo. I didn’t know my posts hurt your piece of toilet paper from unc-cheat. :p[/quote]

Request for you 89: Please do not wear Niner gear in public, talk about the Niners in public or let anyone know that you have any affiliation with UNC Charlotte. I used to believe that even bad pr was good pr but you’ve changed my mind.[/quote]
Aw! you’re upset. Your request is granted since I don’t want you to blow a head gasket or something. But, let me see if I can dig and find my . . . to wear to the game this afternoon. ;D [font=comic sans ms][size=2em]Go Niners![/size][/font] Beat the Spiders.[/quote]

Much better. This doesn’t associate you with the Niners and puts down Chapel Hill College at the same time. A true win win for everyone.

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it. You’ll see that my other solution in the thread was to email the appropriate parties at the Observer.

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]It hasn’t to this point! But let’s keep trying! ::slight_smile:

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]

Sulking with fellow Niner fans is a better option for letting out frustration than kicking the family dog IMO.

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]It hasn’t to this point! But let’s keep trying! ::)[/quote]

+1

I don’t like the O either, but we did get coverage today.

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]It hasn’t to this point! But let’s keep trying! ::)[/quote]

+1[/quote]

I get that - but how do we change it? Complaining here doesn’t change it. Emailing and calling the O doesn’t change it. Dropping your subscription doesn’t change. Sadly if it does change it is because the AD forced them to.

+1[/quote]

I get that - but how do we change it? Complaining here doesn’t change it. Emailing and calling the O doesn’t change it. Dropping your subscription doesn’t change. Sadly if it does change it is because the AD forced them to.[/quote]

I’d say emailing does help. Keeps us top of mind. Better to engage them in a proactive discussion than sit idle and do nothing. Not just complaints but thank you emails as well. Commenting on and visiting Niner articles online also provides solid evidence that people want Niner content. That more than anything is a game changer.

Niner baseball article was 2nd story listed online today. Lets see if it holds that spot in tomorrow’s rankings of most read content.

Bracket. Game times. Team Capsules. Nuts and bolts. Every city in D1 baseball tournament does it.

Its total sabotage

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:33, topic:27806”]Bracket. Game times. Team Capsules. Nuts and bolts. Every city in D1 baseball tournament does it.

Its total sabotage[/quote]
Actually, it’s total BULLS##t but let’s be classy and go with sabotage

FWIW, my copy of the printed Big O included more than just the Seager piece as concerns the A-10 baseball tourney. In fact, an entire page (5C) of college baseball preview of primarily the A-10 and ACC, plus a smaller section on the SEC and Big South. Of course, I’m in Mecklenburg County, so perhaps my edition included everything. Hmmm…

[quote=“ninermike, post:32, topic:27806”]I’d say emailing does help. Keeps us top of mind. Better to engage them in a proactive discussion than sit idle and do nothing. Not just complaints but thank you emails as well. Commenting on and visiting Niner articles online also provides solid evidence that people want Niner content. That more than anything is a game changer.

Niner baseball article was 2nd story listed online today. Lets see if it holds that spot in tomorrow’s rankings of most read content.[/quote]

I applaud the Observer for at least making an effort today and not just writing a blog in the “for Niners only” blog taken verbatim from the Game notes.

How hard would it have been to throw a bracket in today’s sports section? or even online for that matter. Piss poor. There are 6 other teams on town for this, that is the least they could do.

There were several members of the local TV stations out at the ballpark today for our game BTW.

Would love to see pics

Just shows that the people complaining here don’t even get the print edition. What a waste of a thread. As mentioned I got the Wall Street Journal by accident in my driveway today instead of my copy or I would have seen this. If you don’t subscribe to the Observer you have absolutely no right to bitch about coverage.

Just shows that the people complaining here don’t even get the print edition. What a waste of a thread. As mentioned I got the Wall Street Journal by accident in my driveway today instead of my copy or I would have seen this. If you don’t subscribe to the Observer you have absolutely no right to b**** about coverage.[/quote]
This is 2013, not 1979

Just shows that the people complaining here don’t even get the print edition. What a waste of a thread. As mentioned I got the Wall Street Journal by accident in my driveway today instead of my copy or I would have seen this. If you don’t subscribe to the Observer you have absolutely no right to b**** about coverage.[/quote]

clt cannot get delivery to the zep.