Observer face plant. A10 baseball tourny

Just shows that the people complaining here don’t even get the print edition. What a waste of a thread. As mentioned I got the Wall Street Journal by accident in my driveway today instead of my copy or I would have seen this. If you don’t subscribe to the Observer you have absolutely no right to b**** about coverage.[/quote]
This is 2013, not 1979[/quote]

Here is your free slide show from today’s game. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/05/22/4057358/a10-baseball-tournament-charlotte.html Maybe you can try adding a few POSITIVE comments to promote UNC Charlotte baseball while you are at it.

Just shows that the people complaining here don’t even get the print edition. What a waste of a thread. As mentioned I got the Wall Street Journal by accident in my driveway today instead of my copy or I would have seen this. If you don’t subscribe to the Observer you have absolutely no right to b**** about coverage.[/quote]
This is 2013, not 1979[/quote]

Here is your free slide show from today’s game. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/05/22/4057358/a10-baseball-tournament-charlotte.html Maybe you can try adding a few POSITIVE comments to promote UNC Charlotte baseball while you are at it.[/quote]
What flavor crack do u smoke? See cusa and sunbelt links junky

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]It hasn’t to this point! But let’s keep trying! ::)[/quote]

+1[/quote]

I get that - but how do we change it? Complaining here doesn’t change it. Emailing and calling the O doesn’t change it. Dropping your subscription doesn’t change. Sadly if it does change it is because the AD forced them to.[/quote]

I’d say emailing does help. Keeps us top of mind. Better to engage them in a proactive discussion than sit idle and do nothing. Not just complaints but thank you emails as well. Commenting on and visiting Niner articles online also provides solid evidence that people want Niner content. That more than anything is a game changer.

Niner baseball article was 2nd story listed online today. Lets see if it holds that spot in tomorrow’s rankings of most read content.[/quote]

Why do you assume people don’t do those things also? I know I do/have.

Also, emailing to say thank you can be tricky. “Thank you for giving us the amount of coverage you are currently giving us”. Which, by your on measurements, was behind ACC schools. They may interpret that as being content.

I get it that we should hate the observer and that they have a long history or neglecting our athletic programs. I totally get it. It’s bullshit.

But…

I think it’s an important question to ask if it even matters at this point anymore? Does the availability or lack of availability of information provided in a dying media even matter? It’s 2013 for fucks sake. No one gives a rip about news papers. It’s REALLY time to move on.

Did it not ever occur to you that many posters on here get tired of seeing you defend the O while “verbally” attacking our loyal fans over and over and over again? If we mention the O in a joking way, you get upset. If we say something like “The O FINALLY gave us good coverage”, you get mad (because you focus on the “FINALLY” instead of the positive).

This is America, and I be damned if any of us are going to let you take away our freedom of speech. The O has given us better coverage in recent years but it is still nothing to brag about. WE all have a right to express our gripes just as you have a right to express your desire that we not receive any damn coverage.

I don’t know why you think you have a right to dictate to us how we should think and what we should say. With that said, THE OBSERVER STILL SUCKS!.

Did it not ever occur to you that many posters on here get tired of seeing you defend the O while “verbally” attacking our loyal fans over and over and over again? If we mention the O in a joking way, you get upset. If we say something like “The O FINALLY gave us good coverage”, you get mad (because you focus on the “FINALLY” instead of the positive).

This is America, and I be damned if any of us are going to let you take away our freedom of speech. The O has given us better coverage in recent years but it is still nothing to brag about. WE all have a right to express our gripes just as you have a right to express your desire that we not receive any damn coverage.

I don’t know why you think you have a right to dictate to us how we should think and what we should say. With that said, THE OBSERVER STILL SUCKS!.[/quote]

You should run for office on that one. I was singing God Bless America and about to tear up as I read your comment. Freedom of Speech- something we can all agree on!!!

Comments in the Observer coverage of A-10 tournament thread since Niners won today- 10, Comments in Baseball Thread since Niners won- 4

Group therapy session needed?

Tarhole, David Scott, Disturber and NinerMike…Turd-foot, Turd-texter, Turd-paper and Turd-advocate

[quote=“ninermike, post:47, topic:27806”]Comments in the Observer coverage of A-10 tournament thread since Niners won today- 10, Comments in Baseball Thread since Niners won- 4

Group therapy session needed?[/quote] Do you enjoy posting this type of trollery as much as we enjoy reading it?

I want as much coverage as possible too. I just don’t think complaining about it here is going to resolve it.[/quote]It hasn’t to this point! But let’s keep trying! ::)[/quote]

+1[/quote]

I get that - but how do we change it? Complaining here doesn’t change it. Emailing and calling the O doesn’t change it. Dropping your subscription doesn’t change. Sadly if it does change it is because the AD forced them to.[/quote]

I’d say emailing does help. Keeps us top of mind. Better to engage them in a proactive discussion than sit idle and do nothing. Not just complaints but thank you emails as well. Commenting on and visiting Niner articles online also provides solid evidence that people want Niner content. That more than anything is a game changer.

Niner baseball article was 2nd story listed online today. Lets see if it holds that spot in tomorrow’s rankings of most read content.[/quote]

Also, emailing to say thank you can be tricky. “Thank you for giving us the amount of coverage you are currently giving us”. Which, by your on measurements, was behind ACC schools. They may interpret that as being content.[/quote]
Exactly…it’s like “hey u got some ink be greatful” (even though we don’t do the bare minimum all papers do like tix info, radio info, box score, and tab for school on website)

It’s all to keep Uncc on back burner in people’s collective minds.

+1[/quote]

Also, emailing to say thank you can be tricky. “Thank you for giving us the amount of coverage you are currently giving us”. Which, by your on measurements, was behind ACC schools. They may interpret that as being content.[/quote]
Exactly…it’s like “hey u got some ink be greatful” (even though we don’t do the bare minimum all papers do like tix info, radio info, box score, and tab for school on website)

It’s all to keep Uncc on back burner in people’s collective minds.[/quote]

If you subscribed to the Observer you would know 49er baseball coverage is far more than any other school. Chapel Hill was #1 most of the season and doesn’t get half the coverage we do. That’s not putting the 49ers on the back burner.

Great analogy.

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:50, topic:27806”]Exactly…it’s like “hey u got some ink be greatful” (even though we don’t do the bare minimum all papers do like tix info, radio info, box score, and tab for school on website)

There you go stating the obvious again.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:49, topic:27806”][quote=“ninermike, post:47, topic:27806”]Comments in the Observer coverage of A-10 tournament thread since Niners won today- 10, Comments in Baseball Thread since Niners won- 4

Group therapy session needed?[/quote] Do you enjoy posting this type of trollery as much as we enjoy reading it?[/quote]

I have to admit that the obsession w the Observer by many on the board has become very amusing to me.

+1[/quote]

If you subscribed to the Observer you would know 49er baseball coverage is far more than any other school. Chapel Hill was #1 most of the season and doesn’t get half the coverage we do. That’s not putting the 49ers on the back burner.[/quote]
Hey…drop the Niner from your name. The fakery is silly. You can’t possibly be a true Uncc fan and defend the observer

2nd, my parents subscribed my whole life, I subscribed from freshman yr in Moore Hall when they ran those specials on campus, and kept my subscription until 2 yr ago at 37…fed up with the shitty rag. So don’t tell my I should do jackshit.

The Observer has an agenda, and your words are worthless if you gauge the long track record with any objectivity. Again, see my cusa and sunbelt links at start of thread. Then go to Observer…in 2013 the subscription is secondary. The online content is the face of any publication.

+1[/quote]

If you subscribed to the Observer you would know 49er baseball coverage is far more than any other school. Chapel Hill was #1 most of the season and doesn’t get half the coverage we do. That’s not putting the 49ers on the back burner.[/quote]
Hey…drop the Niner from your name. The fakery is silly. You can’t possibly be a true Uncc fan and defend the observer

2nd, my parents subscribed my whole life, I subscribed from freshman yr in Moore Hall when they ran those specials on campus, and kept my subscription until 2 yr ago at 37…fed up with the shitty rag. So don’t tell my I should do jackshit.

The Observer has an agenda, and your words are worthless if you gauge the long track record with any objectivity. Again, see my cusa and sunbelt links at start of thread. Then go to Observer…in 2013 the subscription is secondary. The online content is the face of any publication.[/quote]

I remember my freshman year that there was a stack of Observers free for residents on the first floor of Holshouser every morning. I’m not advocating for The O, but there is a difference between bias and an agenda. I don’t believe they are actively keeping us down, it’s just that due to our institution’s youth we have yet to have the necessary amount of passionate alumni seep into community establishments like The Observer. The Charlotte Observer was most likely a Chapel Hill boys clubs for decades before the first classes at Charlotte, and our lack of a journalism major doesn’t help our cause for breaking into the press.

I think a lot of what we see from The Observer is indifference, I think it’s probably natural for journalist to write about what they care about, and until those journalists care about us we won’t get the coverage we all wish we did.

By the way, the Big O did a nice article on Justin Seager yesterday, but misspelled his damn name in the headline!!

The Observer could and should do far more. Hard to expect the paper to market us when our own athletic department can’t figure that part out.

+1[/quote]

The Observer has an agenda, and your words are worthless if you gauge the long track record with any objectivity. Again, see my cusa and sunbelt links at start of thread. Then go to Observer…in 2013 the subscription is secondary. The online content is the face of any publication.[/quote]

I remember my freshman year that there was a stack of Observers free for residents on the first floor of Holshouser every morning. I’m not advocating for The O, but there is a difference between bias and an agenda. I don’t believe they are actively keeping us down, it’s just that due to our institution’s youth we have yet to have the necessary amount of passionate alumni seep into community establishments like The Observer. The Charlotte Observer was most likely a Chapel Hill boys clubs for decades before the first classes at Charlotte, and our lack of a journalism major doesn’t help our cause for breaking into the press.

I think a lot of what we see from The Observer is indifference, I think it’s probably natural for journalist to write about what they care about, and until those journalists care about us we won’t get the coverage we all wish we did.[/quote]

If they write about what they care about then they care about the Niners more than Chapel Hill in every sport outside of basketball.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:56, topic:27806”]By the way, the Big O did a nice article on Justin Seager yesterday, but misspelled his damn name in the headline!![/quote] David Smoot does this all the time. Hard to decide if they just do this sort of crap, which they do regularly, to piss us off or if they are just f’ing incompetent.

+1[/quote]

Hey…drop the Niner from your name. The fakery is silly. You can’t possibly be a true Uncc fan and defend the observer [/quote]

You of anyone are telling me to drop the Niner from my name? And that I’m not a true Charlotte fan? You are the most disgusting alumni and athlete to ever attend UNC Charlotte. If you are out at Hayes today please goto the fence and take your jersey home with you. Pathetic. Stay off Twitter while you are at it.

Real fans don’t tweet recruits with negative comments about our program. Real fans don’t try and sabotage the program. Real fans don’t go on public forums and take every cheap shot at our program they can. You are a miserable human being.