Observer stories on recent Niner recruiting

Big O had a nice piece in this morning’s paper about the Tatum commitment, then sorta dissed Dewhurst by tacking on a 2 sentence blurb about him at the end. You would think the local kid would have gotten more press. Go figure…

Charlotte.com: Tatum commits to 49ers

BTW, paper also mentioned that Stephen Curry had been offered by High Point, Va Tech, VCU, Winthop, William & Mary, and Wofford.

Whew! I thought they dissed him as an “F” rated prospect.

I’m glad to see that the “F” was given by you to the Big O for their threatment of the homeboy.

Same here, I thought you were going over the edge Run.
Might just be that Tysiac knew more about Tatum because of the programs (NC State) that were involved with him. I was pretty suprised to see he authored that article and not Langston. Had Langston, maybe it would have had more about Dewhurst than Tatum.

See what happens kids, do well in school and on the court, pick the local University to play at and you too can get a whole 2 sentences devoted to you.

Terrible job by the Observer.

Boo Observer, they didn’t even mention that NC State was recruiting Tatum as well. I guess they didn’t want it to look like we beat out the pack for a recruit. Oh well.

[i]Originally posted by HappyCamper49[/i]@Sep 8 2005, 09:50 AM [b] Boo Observer, they didn't even mention that NC State was recruiting Tatum as well. I guess they didn't want it to look like we beat out the pack for a recruit. Oh well. [/b]
[url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/university_of_north_carolina_charlotte/12586954.htm]Tatum, Dewhurst commit[/url]

N.C. State mention on Tatum is in the second paragraph.

[i]Originally posted by HappyCamper49[/i]@Sep 8 2005, 09:50 AM [b] Boo Observer, they didn't even mention that NC State was recruiting Tatum as well. I guess they didn't want it to look like we beat out the pack for a recruit. Oh well. [/b]
Yeah, read it again. :)

Hopefully the Big O will have more on Dewhurst in tomorrow’s paper.

Meanwhile, over at NinerReport.com, there are 2 stories. Thanks JJ!!!

Rivals.com: NinerReport.com

[b]Charles Dewhurst knew it would be a waste of time. His remaining visits to James Madison, Richmond and South Carolina would just be pointless, because he hadn't felt as comfortable with any of those schools as he had with Charlotte assistant Benny Moss and head coach Bobby Lutz. [/b]

GO NINERS!!!

I thought both would be mentioned in the lead-in and headline. Guess not. Good to see regardless, especially the list of schools for Tatum.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 8 2005, 10:36 AM [b] I thought both would be mentioned in the lead-in and headline. Guess not. [/b]
I thought the same thing as well. Sorta falls into the "no-brainer" department. Hmmm... :wacko:

First of all, I’m thankful to the Big O for giving us the pub and pumping up the Tatum commit like it’s a big deal. That’s quite a bit of hype for a Top 140 pick.

Secondly, is it just me or did those guys grow an inch since yesterday? I thought they were both 6-5?

Yeah but you would think that the whole signing two guys in two days angle plus one of those guys being a local star would get more than a paragraph.

But whatever, it gets redundant to bash the O… Let them be them.

I loved the part in the ninerreport article where Dewhurst talks about Beasley being the best high school player he’s ever seen. Every recruit mentions Beasley!

I kinda like the “National Championship” Part. :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by Tenniner[/i]@Sep 8 2005, 12:49 PM [b] I kinda like the "National Championship" Part. :D [/b]
Mee too.

Mike P, can the Big O go ahead and start referring to us as the “Future National Champions Charlotte 49ers”?

B)

[b]Secondly, is it just me or did those guys grow an inch since yesterday? I thought they were both 6-5? [/b]

Dewhurst is a solid 6-6.

On Tuesday, Scott Fowler did let us know that J.R. Reid has lost 60 pounds.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Sep 8 2005, 04:29 PM [b] On Tuesday, Scott Fowler did let us know that J.R. Reid has lost 60 pounds. [/b]
On Wednesday, they let us know that Sean May is not a fat cat anymore.

I made some phone calls. Look for LW to hook us up tomorrow.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er+Sep 8 2005, 07:10 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (lutz9er @ Sep 8 2005, 07:10 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Sep 9 2005, 01:20 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Sep 9 2005, 01:20 AM)
Originally posted by lutz9er@Sep 8 2005, 07:10 PM [b]